Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Homemade chicken & veg curry, made the sauce with curry powder, chopped tomatoes and chicken stock. Plenty of seasoning and noodles. Unrealzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Homemade Rice pudding with peaches - daddy not home tonight so the kids got a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Veggie korma. Mmmmmm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pasta with chicken, roasted cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach. Mr. Dizzy had leftovers from last night's lentil & chickpea stew with added sausages.

IMG_5012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Big steaming pan of pasta with broccoli and mushrooms. I chopped in a good few fresh herbs from the garden, it was delightful.

KcEvVON.jpg

• Advertisement

Malai Kofta with cumin and mustard seed roasted potatoes and cauliflower, and fresh chapatis on the side

The kofta are hiding under the sauce on the right there.

UxD0G3R.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spaghetti bolognese - the only reason I mention this is I forgot to buy the sauce so had to make my own and twas better than the shop bought stuff. The most amazing thing is that I had all the ingredients I needed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hello everyone !
    New here, and I never take food pics, so you will just have to believe me and take my word for it !

I love cooking but never do in the summer, when I survive on salads, fruit, cheeses and the odd bit of cured meats.
    When autumn arrives, so it is cooking time for me.

Yesterday for dinner I made a spelt and mushroom soup (a dry ready-mix) which I twisted a little bit with olive oil and herbs.
    It was yummy !

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

First beef casserole for thus winter for the miserable day yesterday. Rib steak from the butcher with carrots and turnip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Went for a light salad....

Rocket in bowl, fresh vegies gone bad so I opted for a sprinkling of mozzarella then found some ham bits. Mixed a bit of salad cream with spicy mustard, then decided a slice of brown bread would go nicely - turned out a bit dry, needed a slather of butter atop...

What started as a healthy salad ended up as a deconstructed ham & cheese sandwich :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

Pasta with a sauce made from garlic, lime, rocket, red wine, pepper flakes, veg stock, broccoli, avocado.

Found a variant on peanut stew. I like it, but I don't prefer it to my usual one. I think I'll just incorporate the spicing from this into my usual recipe.

IMG_3435.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

otnomart wrote: »
    Hello everyone !
    New here, and I never take food pics, so you will just have to believe me and take my word for it !

I love cooking but never do in the summer, when I survive on salads, fruit, cheeses and the odd bit of cured meats.
    When autumn arrives, so it is cooking time for me.

Yesterday for dinner I made a spelt and mushroom soup (a dry ready-mix) which I twisted a little bit with olive oil and herbs.
    It was yummy !

Oh c'mon! Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Welcome on board Otnomart!
    I like your style of food!

This evening, I am slow cooking a lamb chop in a casserole with wild garlic (shop-bought, preserved in oil, I put it in everything) and onion marmalade (also shop-bought).
    When ready, I will use the gravy to season a tin of artichoke hearts.

Pork escalope with fennel, green bean salad and baby beetroot.

53_FE02_E1-079_C-4_F12-_BD86-7074_A98_AAAB3.jpg

The ‘Ultimate’ meat-free meatballs with pasta.

41_D8_B7_E0-01_A2-40_F9-_BBE3-3089_EEDD86_A3.jpg

https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/ultimate-meat-free-meatballs/juxkrnmb

It was, somewhat surprisingly, amazing! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mr. Dizzy made the Hairy Bikers' chicken jalfrezi tonight and it was really good. We usually use the Curry Secret recipes but I'm tired of having to make the batches of base sauces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mr. Dizzy made the Hairy Bikers' chicken jalfrezi tonight and it was really good. We usually use the Curry Secret recipes but I'm tired of having to make the batches of base sauces.

This one http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/chicken-jalfrezi

279 calories?! I'd have to have seconds

RasTa wrote: »
    This one http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/chicken-jalfrezi

279 calories?! I'd have to have seconds

It was lovely! Though we did have bigger portions...

• Advertisement

Am cooking a simple beef casserole, just olive oil, dry herbs and Worcestershire sauce.

I made the Thug Kitchen bean balls and marinara sauce tonight. It was good, but I hadn't got any nutritional yeast so the bean balls lacked flavour. I'll get some before I make them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I made the Thug Kitchen bean balls and marinara sauce tonight. It was good, but I hadn't got any nutritional yeast so the bean balls lacked flavour. I'll get some before I make them again.

I was going to buy that but read the recipes are in cups? Nothing annoys me more.

Mushroom lasagne. I even mad a vegan bechamel. It was very tasty. I'm very happy with how the violife block grated and tasted, even if it didn't melt terribly well.

Do, I bought a tub (as I wanted to make some Thug Kitchen recipes, too), and I find myself throwing it into so many things now, from soups to casseroles. It gives this lovely umami cheesy flavour, just delicious.

Shenshen wrote: »
    Do, I bought a tub (as I wanted to make some Thug Kitchen recipes, too), and I find myself throwing it into so many things now, from soups to casseroles. It gives this lovely umami cheesy flavour, just delicious.

Got some this morning, I reckon I'll be using it in lots of things too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'll be doing salmon pasta later. Just pasta (I like bows or penne) smoked salmon, frozen peas, a dessertspoon or two of creme fraiche and some of the garlic cheese roulade thing from Aldi. I'm sure garlic Philly would work too, but this one is extra rich and creamy (we won't mention the extra calories that it undoubtedly has!)

10-15 mins from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Made the beef stew dizzy recommended in the slow cooker sticky, rolled the beef in flour before browning etc.

Cooked on low for 9.5 hrs, and it was seriously seriously good.

Made my own spuds separately when I got in from work and ate them with it.

That's gonna be a once a week dish in our house now.

Butternut squash and chickpea curry with coconut, some cumin-roasted potatoes and cauliflower, and fresh chapattis. I went to buy chapatti flour today, and they only had 5kg bags at the shop - I'll be making loads in the future, so.

Unfortunately, it was gone too quickly for me to take photos. Next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not sure which I'll eat today (if any, when the hob is freed up I'm going to cook some description of a veg curry) but I'm doing a fairly standard beef and stout stew and also trying Prue Leith's cottage pie recipe from the Times yesterday.

Advertisement