Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Roasted a leg of lamb today, made gravy from the juices of the lamb, along with some stock and couple of spoons with flour.

All the trimmings, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots steamed, with mash and roast spuds and a Yorkshire pudding.

Everyone else had mixer berry crumble and ice cream, I abstained though.

It was delicious.

You cannot beat a good piece of lamb served as part of a roast dinner.

Pizza. Due to not having time at the weekend to do some dough, we bought some stonebaked pizza bases from Dunnes, and used it with my go to pizza sauce (passata, garlic, basil, and roasted pepper all blended together). Toppings are Serrano ham, the really nice mozzarrella from Aldi (ciao bella!), oregano, grated parmesan and artichoke hearts.

It was devoured.

IMG_20181001_WA0009_800x728.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Looks amazing!!
    Just burnt my tongue on stew...it was worth it though :D It always tastes better the second day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Wow Donal that pizza looks amazing! i think I saw those pizza bases in Dunnes, very handy! Must try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭LJ3103

Dónal wrote: »
    Pizza. Due to not having time at the weekend to do some dough, we bought some stonebaked pizza bases from Dunnes, and used it with my go to pizza sauce (passata, garlic, basil, and roasted pepper all blended together). Toppings are Serrano ham, the really nice mozzarrella from Aldi (ciao bella!), oregano, grated parmesan and artichoke hearts.

It was devoured.

IMG_20181001_WA0009_800x728.jpg

What section in Dunnes are thoses bases available, are they Dunnes own brand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

This evening, am cooking a hearty soup with borlotti beans, bacon cubes and millet.

LJ3103 wrote: »
    What section in Dunnes are thoses bases available, are they Dunnes own brand?

These bases are in the refrigerated pasta section.

20181002_181227_600x800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Lazy freezer dinner.

Fish fingers and a fried egg. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

pew wrote: »
    Lazy freezer dinner.

Fish fingers and a fried egg. :o

What! You keep your Eggs in the Freezer.:D

I bought some cod fillets today and made up my own batter. Put some lager into the mix too. Made up two servings earlier with chunky chips (double fried) and mushy peas. Can't wait for mine later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Thug Kitchen's chili and beer pasta - so simple, and so yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Grandeeod wrote: »
    What! You keep your Eggs in the Freezer.:D

I bought some cod fillets today and made up my own batter. Put some lager into the mix too. Made up two servings earlier with chunky chips (double fried) and mushy peas. Can't wait for mine later.

What, you don't keep them there? Where else do I store them? :D

Joking or course.

That sounds great! I haven't had time to I think I will do it this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

This evening: two hardboiled eggs and rosted endives with olive oil and sea salt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Rasher and Sausage Pie from the Cooking Club with a Poached Egg on top.

D81_A313_B-8_F6_A-44_A7-_BA9_E-_D0_ADE9_BE13_D7.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Barbecued pork chop with lots of salt, black pepper and garlic granules, with onions, beans and mash. I'd gone off pork chops until we started to cook them on the barbecue.

IMG_5120.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

That mash and butter looks so good. We had pork chops, potatoes carrots Savoy cabbage and brown sauce.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A dinner I really enjoyed recently. A kind of Indian north african mix, chickpea curry on a naan. There were apricots on it which were unreal.

1NNWPgol.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken & bacon pie with baby potatoes.

IMG_5187.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

it just me or are all the pictures looking particularly delicious over the last week or so?! I mean they are always delicious looking but I think it's the return of the comfort food that is doing it for me! Rasher and sausage pie.....pork chops with buttery mash.....chicken and bacon pie.....pizza.....:D

leahyl wrote: »
    it just me or are all the pictures looking particularly delicious over the last week or so?! I mean they are always delicious looking but I think it's the return of the comfort food that is doing it for me! Rasher and sausage pie.....pork chops with buttery mash.....chicken and bacon pie.....pizza.....:D

Wait ‘till you see what’s coming later! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Tesco fillet steaks (surprisingly nice) sous vide'd to medium and seared, roasted potatoes with rosemary and cognac pepper sauce. Delishhh

IMG_20181009_192028.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

D wrote: »
    These bases are in the refrigerated pasta section.

These are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

jmauel wrote: »
    These are amazing

Think tesco sell them too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Further to the recent Offal & Coddle threads I did a Liver, Bacon & Stuffing casserole with mashed turnip & spuds on Sunday (it was eaten, but no calls for it again :o), & Coddle on Monday.

The Coddle was a "banger" according to HB Jr II, which I believe is youth parlance for something exceptionally good. I had made a big enough pot for 2 days dinners, but seconds were demanded. Mrs B had to prepare another dinner for Tuesday, but I was happy with the scrapings of the Coddle pot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What a horrible day, apart from walking the dogs in wet wear, pretty much been housebound most of the day.

Made a bit of comfort food, marinated and then roasted chicken, with creamy mashed potatoes with chicken gravy wells, and roasted corn cobs with a lime and chilli dressing on top.

20181013-182917.jpg

It was a big hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Made a Ragu with Chuck Steak. Wanted to use beef cheeks but couldn’t get any. Also made home made pasta. Was lovely, and there’s loads left for the freezer.

463734.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Made a Ragu with Chuck Steak. Wanted to use beef cheeks but couldn’t get any. Also made home made pasta. Was lovely, and there’s loads left for the freezer.

463734.jpeg

That looks absolutely delicious. Kudos on taking the time and care to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

One-pot mac and cheese. I boiled the pasta in cashew milk, which I have done in the past with regular milk and it's hit and miss but it turned out really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

kylith wrote: »
    One-pot mac and cheese. I boiled the pasta in cashew milk, which I have done in the past with regular milk and it's hit and miss but it turned out really well.

I've cooked pasta in stock and have heard of cooking it in wine...what does cooking it in milk do?

• Advertisement

Bacon and cabbage here tonight.

IMG-5254.jpg

Advertisement