Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Last night, I had to put my newly-learned skills to the test.
    I made Pahadi Mushrooms, spices broccoli and cauliflower, cheela and fresh chapattis.

U6RZ9lj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Last evening was simple. Dratted shops almost giving away carrots and sprouts at 49 cents! ;)

have a superabundance here.

So plainboiled sliced carrots then added sprouts and sprinkled chopped cheese atop. enjoyable.

Had Christmas pudding and custard later...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,006 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

3.5 kg prime rib beef joint (gift) going in the oven today. Keeping it simple so will serve it rare with roast potatoes and garlic, steamed tenderstem broccoli, salsa verde and homemade horseradish sauce.
    Oh, and, of course, gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Caved in and could not face more sprouts, and a little unwell to cook.. so into the freezer for a rather delicious Dunne's salmon ready meal dinner.... Mashed potato, creamed roots, peas a lovely piece of salmon and abundant tasty white sauce... generous servings

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Hope you feel better soon Grace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Fancied kebabs from the famous recipe here! But stopped eating meat this year...so cooked a couple of Tesco finest fish fingers and cut them up into chunks! Best dinner in a while...ate 2 of them!!

Here's one just before I rolled it up.

2a0hk0i.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My traditional nye venture, sushi. Terriaki chicken didn't turn out the best, no wow factor. Still edible. You wouldn't criticize it if you were served it in a restaurant. Anyway, a deluxe fish one, with rainbow salmon caviar, and one of herself giving it a roll.

469226.jpg

And the next.

469227.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

We went Japanese too this evening with chicken katsu & a warm rice salad.

Slow roasted rib beef with rosemary & garlic roasties & green beans tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Cooked up a squash and red pepper korma curry last night for today's lunch, it was very tasty if I do say so myself. Added in some kale and tenderstem broccoli for extra goodness. Served with couscous.

469343.jpg

• Advertisement

Palak Paneer, Aloo Lahori and Aloo Parathas

viA1KIO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

You doing an Indian/Pakistani cookery course, Shenshen?

If so, where?

You doing an Indian/Pakistani cookery course, Shenshen?

If so, where?

I did one before christmas, in India. It was only a 1-day course, but highly inspirational :D
    I've shared some details on the General Chat thread, pictures here and recipes here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

miamee wrote: »
    Cooked up a squash and red pepper korma curry last night for today's lunch, it was very tasty if I do say so myself. Added in some kale and tenderstem broccoli for extra goodness. Served with couscous.
    Looks fab. Any chance of the recipe? (bullet points fine)
    Tks!
    Loire.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ultimate comfort food for me, Coq au Reisling made with chicken thighs and served in a bowl with mashed potato and peas...

32729605148_f7013b5d5d_z.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Aldi ribeye steak, potato cubes, tenderstem broccoli and fried onions & mushrooms.

IMG-5815.jpg

Those potatoes look well made, air fryer or oven or what's the craic?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Those potatoes look well made, air fryer or oven or what's the craic?

They’re Roosters, cooked in the Airfryer for around 25 minutes at 160.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I had Aldi Ribeye for dinner last night too. Can’t beat an Aldi Ribeye!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Had an urge to have some Mexican style stuff this evening so came up with this.

IMG-20190105-184420.jpg

Mexican chicken.
    Mexican style rice.
    Corn on the cobs.
    Nachos done in the oven with bean salsa, tomato salsa, grated cheese.

Homemade chunky guacamole (I should bottle and sell that stuff) sour cream and sliced jalapeno on the side.

Good chow.

• Advertisement

Bought a new kitchen slicer from Lidl on Thursday. Accidentally made crisps to go with the steak today. Still delicious though!

20190105-185303.jpg

It's still leftovers day, right. Home from the gym and served up a bowl of sushi rice, sauerkraut, terriaki chicken pieces, salami slices and slices of potato tortilla. Fabulous.

Oh, and slices of grilled black pudding. Tesco finest. Hey, it's all good when you're hungry!

Macaroni and cheese, with some broccoli and cauliflower thrown in

PrQeQRw.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Loire wrote: »
    Looks fab. Any chance of the recipe? (bullet points fine)
    Tks!
    Loire.

This is the recipe I started making it from though I often throw in whatever veg I have as well: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2619/squash-and-coconut-curry

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They’re Roosters, cooked in the Airfryer for around 25 minutes at 160.

Oil?

About a tablespoon of Flora oil for two portions, stirred well in a big bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Stir fried chicken, peppers, green beans, with onion garlic ginger chilli with egg noodles, in soy sauce with a spoon of honey and Thai 7 spice and some sliced scallions thrown in at the end.

IMG-20190108-175444.jpg

Same for the other half, only she got tofu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Turkey Meatballs in Marinara Sauce, served with pasta

93-CA0-B1-B-D0-FD-4-E8-A-9571-EC8-A884996-FC.jpg

zBuAYre.jpg?1

'Korean' rice bowl. There is rice in there underneath, believe it or not. From here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had a Fish Butter Curry with Cucumber and Lime Salsa served with Rice on Sunday night. Absolutely gorgeous but it was a real tale of two nights trying to make it.

It's a Yotam Ottolenghi recipe, so as usual it was a fairly complicated dish. I made an absolute mess of it on the Saturday. It was a combination of starting to make it too late and some of the instructions not being clear enough, so much so that i had to bin the mess that I had created half way through.

Gave myself a bit (lot!) more time on the Sunday and as a result it worked out really well. The spices were really interesting, allspice, fenugreek powder, and ginger powder being the dominant flavours. The Cucumber & Lime Salsa went really well with it and really lifted the flavours.

469966.jpg

Advertisement