Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

^^^ that looks top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Green eggs and ham (and cheese).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

85YNnp3.jpg?1

Chicken breast, grilled, asian-esque slaw with peanuts and peanut vinagrette. Adapted slightly from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 katekuchen

Ottolenghi's two potato vindaloo with plain rice, greek yoghurt and mint leaves

attachment.php?attachmentid=470057&d=1547146001

4ysv9VB.jpg?1

Veg curry (spinach, cauliflower, lentil, chickpea, potato), with whatever came to mind spice wise plus coconut milk and a few tomatoes. I do like one pot dishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Had a Fish Butter Curry with Cucumber and Lime Salsa served with Rice on Sunday night

What was the fish?

I've a minor problem with shellfish (non anaphylactic intolerance rather than an allergy) so usually avoid seafood entirely but there's certain types of fish I should be fine with and its completely missing from my diet. Considering my grandfather built commercial fishing boats as his business its a bit of an oversight!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Green eggs and ham (and cheese).

What on earth?!

Massive amounts of food colouring and an imaginative child to please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

...I assumed it was a spinach dish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Hand full of spinach blended in to two eggs and fried to make a wrap of sorts! Wilted spinach gives me the creeps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

L1011 wrote: »
    What was the fish?

I've a minor problem with shellfish (non anaphylactic intolerance rather than an allergy) so usually avoid seafood entirely but there's certain types of fish I should be fine with and its completely missing from my diet. Considering my grandfather built commercial fishing boats as his business its a bit of an oversight!

Hake

Recipe calls for Hake but I couldn’t get hake the first day so I got Cod. The Cod fell to pieces. Got Hake the next day and it worked really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    What on earth?!

lol... google helped me!!!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Eggs_and_Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Kippers and Brussels sprouts was my delicious main meal today...

Chilli, mango, leaf, shallot salad, lime dressing. Steak sliced thinly. Forgot to take a picture, too eager to get at the steak. So here's a stock image of as close as I could find on google.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=470150&stc=1&d=1547235398

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Jamie Oliver’s ultimate veggie burger. Chickpeas and sweetcorn. They were really delicious: hearty and lemony. I will definitely be making them again. Served with sweet potato fries and gone before I remembered to take a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Our Swiss student made Cheese Fondue for us tonight on the fondue set he bought us for Chrimbo. Never had it before. Posh cheese on toast but great for sharing! ;)

1-C941325-8591-4-C6-F-B987-DA1-E2-A277144.jpg

Crispy chicken with Chinese sauce and basmati rice. I'd normally be suspicious of a recipe called "Chinese sauce" but this was really tasty!

20190112-181034-800x450.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Seared Scallops
    Golden Sunblushed Mash
    Asparagus
    Tender Stem Broccoli
    Bacon Dust

9Rus8Ynl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Got my new air fryer delivered yesterday, so I had to try it out.
    Air fried falafel are THE business. They were so much nicer than I had ever been able to get them in a frying pan. Gone to quickly for photos, I'm afraid, so you'll have to just take my word for it until I do the next batch :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yay! You'll be amazed at how much you use your Airfryer :)

Veggie bolognese here tonight.

IMG-5844.jpg

• Advertisement

That looks incredible Dizzyblonde! :)

(never heard of an air fryer, myself) :o

Cooking currently (had a late lunch - very late) is Neven Maguire's slightly odd lamb rogan josh recipe, with two minor changes - toasted and ground whole spices myself and used a mix of oil and clarified butter instead of just oil.

Smells pretty good but I've no idea what it'll be like with unblended veg and the lentils compared to the usual approach of pureeing nearly everything except maybe some caramelised onions I've done before.

Freezers are bare of fully prepared food since Christmas and we've been hitting the new Thai takeaway at the end of the road far more than can possibly be healthy - financially as well as physically - so if I can make myself I'm going to cook a two-day serving of a generic mince pasta sauce and the same size of a tarka dhal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Jamie Oliver Chicken Katsu Curry and Coconut Rice. Absolutely gorgeous.

470308.jpeg

Rogan Josh recipe resulted in something is clearly not what you would normally call a rogan josh, but is still pretty good.

Used the left over yoghurt to do a tikka masala-ish thing with quorn pieces (my default replacement for chicken in everything except east Asian food). 8 days servings cooked, pretty productive for a Sunday evening!

pork potsticker dumplings like this

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Deja Boo wrote: »
    pork potsticker dumplings like this

Can't view the recipe for this unless I set up an account. Any chance you could screen grab it and post please? Love pork dumplings!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

dee75 wrote: »
    Can't view the recipe for this unless I set up an account. Any chance you could screen grab it and post please? Love pork dumplings!

+1 please! :)

That's odd, it happened to me today too... Here is a screenshot and a blog with the same recipe:
    https://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/16/recipe-of-the-day-fast-pot-stickers/
    I am not a fan of ginger, but add a bit of salt & pepper.

• Advertisement

Can't view the recipe for this unless I set up an account...

Also, just discovered if you click the teensy down arrow beside the google address (like in the image I linked) and choose 'cached', it seems to circumvent annotative log-in requisite.

Might be handy for future recipe gathering :)

Advertisement