Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Expert' I was advised to contact has no intention of replying to my email I sent

Options
  • 31-10-2016 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I was advised to contact this man who is an 'expert' apparently in this area of business I have gone into. So I emailed him a business email. A good while back.
    The point of this thread is, if in the tiny possibility that
    a) I actually do get off the ground
    b)I cross paths with this 'gent' what do I say to him other than 'well, I sent you this email' ? - which I will say.
    What else can I say for him to back off?
    Rem this thread is not in AH, so AH style replies are not welcome.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    I was advised to contact this man who is an 'expert' apparently in this area of business I have gone into. So I emailed him a business email. A good while back.
    b)I cross paths with this 'gent' what do I say to him other than 'well, I sent you this email' ? - which I will say.
    Thanks.

The title says he never replied yet you want him to back off???

Why would you feel the need to mention the email to him anyway?

If I send an email that I consider important and don't get a reply I usually follow it up with a phonecall. Otherwise I just forget about it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unfortunately, it's all too easy to forget to reply to an email, or ignore it. They slip down the innox and then you can loose sight of them. And that's assuming that they don't get filtered out by the junk rules.

If you really wanted to talk to him, a face to face conversation or telephone call is the way to go.

In short, you don't even know he got the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

So you sent an unsolicited email to someone.

They ignored/chose not to reply/never seen it, and you want them to back off if you bump into them somewhere

I don't think you've anything to worry about !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If they are an expert who often gets recommended then they will probably get so many similar emails they won't remember doubt it will be leading to an awkward social situation really.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

When you eventually get over yourself, I would not think it is he who would need to back off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

Thanks.

What on earth are you talking about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I've sent a few emails in my time to 'experts' and like as been said, its either:

- Slipped out of the inbox and genuinely a case of forgetting.
    - You're not a big enough contract to engage with in the first place (Some of these folks were charging €350 ex VAT per hour to talk to)

Either way, I wouldn't burn a bridge over an email. You do well, great. They don't care. Casually mention you sent an email a while ago and you'd like to discuss it further. What you perceive as your biggest 'enemy' could be your saving grace down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

OP opens a thread to complain about someone not replying to his email, op does not reply to people who post in his thread.

Pot to kettle, over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I don't go to Nigeria anymore because of the hassle I'd get from the countless senior civil servants and central bankers whose emails I've ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Digital_Guy

Strange that you think you'd want the guy to 'back off', but as mentioned you have nothing to worry about ;) In fact if you meet the guy and he realises who you are, he might actually be quite helpful - and possibly even over-compensate for the fact that he didn't reply to your email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I don't go to Nigeria anymore because of the hassle I'd get from the countless senior civil servants and central bankers whose emails I've ignored.

Not to mention the hot locals in my area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Thanks.

Was your email written like your OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

A most peculiar thread that does not really have a place on the forum and is not what it is for.

Regards

dbran

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement