Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausagemeat

Options
  • 31-10-2016 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a butchers (I'm in Dublin) who's selling sausage meat at the moment?

I've tried a couple of places who won't have any til Christmas, and I didn't want to put them to the trouble of skinning sausages etc to get it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Supervalue usually sell packets of it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yep, got some in SuperValu this weekend that I'm just about to use. Only problem is that it's labelled Superquinn, so I presume it's the same sausage meat that they use in those ridiculously over-hyped and pretty ordinary Superquinn sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lenscap

You could buy your favourite sausages and just cut them out of the skin. Has worked for me many a time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Buy minced pork and add what you want?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Or buy skinless sausages in Aldi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Definitely do not buy skinless sausages if you want sausage meat. I sent a friend to the shop for "sausage meat or failing that sausages, but just don't buy skinless", so naturally they bought 2lb skinless that I had to try to grate with a box grater for the evening. The sausage burgers weren't that great either from it, though watching the lads being uncomforatable about grating fistloads of sausages was entertaining enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Zaph wrote: »
    Yep, got some in SuperValu this weekend that I'm just about to use. Only problem is that it's labelled Superquinn, so I presume it's the same sausage meat that they use in those ridiculously over-hyped and pretty ordinary Superquinn sausages.

Yep I think so. Never understood the hype.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Yep I think so. Never understood the hype.

I think they were really popular when most sausages were poor quality and pretty bland. Irish food in the last 10 years has come on leaps and bounds. Even look at dairy which is our speciality in Ireland. Most yogurts until about 10 years ago were super sugary and pretty bland, now they are so good that they exported by Aldi or Lidl around Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Brian? wrote: »
    Buy minced pork and add what you want?

+1 on this

so easy to make your own and will be so much nicer. Just buy mince pork and mix in the required dry ingredients which are all pretty basic and you most likely already have. The key trick is to fry up a little bit of the mixture at end test if seasoned properly.

Advertisement