Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get an iPad Air repaired?

Options
  • 31-10-2016 10:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys

iPad won't charge - think there may be an issue with the charger point connection as it won't charge.

How much would I be looking at?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Tried scooping any dust out of the port? And where in the country are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭A Happy Death

Zcott wrote: »
    Tried scooping any dust out of the port? And where in the country are you?

Nope! what should I use?

And I'm in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Use your vacuum cleaner to suck out any debris. Worked a treat on my iphone.

Use your vacuum cleaner to suck out any debris. Worked a treat on my iphone.

I'll give it a go when I'm home :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I just use a needle.

• Advertisement

Tried the hoover and brush - didn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Tried the hoover and brush - didn't work :(

try a different cable - ideally a genuine one in good nick - and use the larger IPad 2Amp charger it came with (and not a compact IPhone charger).

As the others suggest - if the cable wont go all the way in - make sure there is no fluf in the charging port - dont use anything metal to clean it out in case you short or scratch anything.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

iPad Air port about 80. You need to change the speakers as well because it's all one part. But defiantly try a new cable first. Bring it to your nearst repair shop they'd give it a proper clean before even trying to repair. Generally it's just dirt as it's fairly hard to do any damage to the lightning port.

Advertisement