Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4 and IOS 8.0.2

Options
  • 31-10-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I understand that officially, this version of IOS is not supported on an iPhone 4, but was wandering if there is a way around it? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

aabarnes1 wrote: »
    I understand that officially, this version of IOS is not supported on an iPhone 4, but was wandering if there is a way around it? TIA

No

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Even if there was you wouldn't want to. Performance would be terrible. Apple's legacy support for iOS devices is very good. If anything they should drop support for some devices sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

The reason I ask is that many of the newer apps will only work on IOS 8 or later, such as aer lingus for example.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    No
    Actually, there is a way around it, there are 2 that I have discovered so far.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Thanks.

How?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Thanks.

iPhone 4 is slow enough on iOS 7, if you have found some way to put iOS 8 on there then good luck to you but I predict it to be very messy and a waste of time.

How?

Google

Advertisement