Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Panic Alarm

Options
  • 31-10-2016 12:57pm

I have the Aritech CS350 alarm. Since 5:30 this morning, the alarm keeps going off and the log shows it is the Panic Alarm everytime.
    I tried to inhibit this zone but it would not let me. I went into the Engineer menu to change the zone attributes for the PA zone. It turns out that you cannot set attributes for this zone (it displays No Option).
    I have checked 2 panic alarms in the house and can't see anything wrong with them. Alarm is now in maintenance mode to stop it going off.
    Anyone have suggestions as to what I can do to stop the alarm from going off all the time?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In Engineer goto Zones >Zone Type and change Panic to Unused..

KoolKid wrote: »
    In Engineer goto Zones >Zone Type and change Panic to Unused..

Thanks Koolkid. When I set the zone type to unused, it still would not let me change the attribute for that zone.
    I changed Zone Type to Alarm, this changed the default attribute to In. I went in and it let me inhibit that zone.

The battery on my alarm is more than 5 years old now. I know that when the battery needs replacing, it sometime has strange symptoms instead of showing the Batt Low message. Do you think this sudden issue with the Panic Alarm might be a symptom of the battery being overdue a change?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Thanks Koolkid. When I set the zone type to unused, it still would not let me change the attribute for that zone.
    I changed Zone Type to Alarm, this changed the default attribute to In. I went in and it let me inhibit that zone.

The battery on my alarm is more than 5 years old now. I know that when the battery needs replacing, it sometime has strange symptoms instead of showing the Batt Low message. Do you think this sudden issue with the Panic Alarm might be a symptom of the battery being overdue a change?

Don't worry about zone attributes once you have made the type Unused, either-way an Unused type has no attributes. I would suggest that you go back in and make it Unused, then you do not need to inhibit it at all.

No the Panic Zone would not be an indication of a low battery.

kub wrote: »
    Don't worry about zone attributes once you have made the type Unused, either-way an Unused type has no attributes. I would suggest that you go back in and make it Unused, then you do not need to inhibit it at all.

No the Panic Zone would not be an indication of a low battery.

Ah OK, I get it now. Will change the zone back to unused and this will have the effect of disabling that zone.
    Probably need to get the Panic Buttons replaced? I had all the sensors replaced last year (They were 20 years in use) but not the panic buttons.

Would it be be a fairly easy job to source and replace these myself?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Should be if you can get the same type one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement