Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas films and TV shows: As they happen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

It's my absolute favourite Christmas movie. :D

"It's a TOASTER!" is a a favourite line in our family at least once during the gift-opening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Hoping it'll be on somewhere other than SKY this year but if not the DVD will go on... National Lampoons Christmas Vacation... Its a family tradition that this is given a watch in the week or two before Christmas, have watched it every single year since it was first released & will keep doing it as long as I'm watching TV.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭kooga

DvB wrote: »
    Hoping it'll be on somewhere other than SKY this year but if not the DVD will go on... National Lampoons Christmas Vacation... Its a family tradition that this is given a watch in the week or two before Christmas, have watched it every single year since it was first released & will keep doing it as long as I'm watching TV.

I caught it on itv 2 last year

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

DvB wrote: »

A firm favourite in my house at Christmas too. Everyone keep an eye out for it on any channel other than Sky and report here if you find it. One of those films that's even better when watching it "live" on TV and not on DVD. Don't know why!!

SteJer wrote: »
    One of those films that's even better when watching it "live" on TV and not on DVD. Don't know why!!

Exactly!! :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Christmas Top of the Pops on Christmas Gold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anyone know when Die Hard, the greatest Christmas movie of all time is on? It aint Christmas till Hans Grubber falls from Nakatomi Plaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Let's Do Christmas with Gino and Mel. 11:25am on UTV. Guest is Corrie's Cathering Tyldesley. (She was on Saturday kitchen yesterday.)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

James Martin's Christmas with friends starts today on the food network at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

SteJer wrote: »
    What films and TV shows are you hoping to see on the box this year?

Obviously Sky Cinema subscribers will see most films but that would ruin it for me if I'm honest. I like searching for what Christmas films are on the regular stations. It's always very exciting to see one of your favourites scheduled. Having a 1000+ films on demand through Sky Cinema wouldn't be the same.

Scrooged and Home Alone have already been on so that's two favourites already ticked off the list.

Other films I'd like to see are;

Surviving Christmas
    Elf
    Christmas with the Kranks
    Muppets Christmas Carol
    Bad Santa
    The Grinch
    Die Hard (yes it's a Christmas film)
    Home Alone 2

Christmas TV specials I'd like to see include;

The Royle Family
    Gavin & Stacey
    Father Ted
    Peep Show
    The Office

I always watch The Den Christmas Crisis on YouTube for a bit of nostalgia. Postman Patrick is up there with Harry & Marv and Hans Gruber when it comes to Christmas villians.

i agree, i have all those movies on dvd(yes im a christmas nut) but i prefer to watch them when they are on TV! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Let's Do Christmas with Gino and Mel. 11:25am on UTV. Guest is Corrie's Cathering Tyldesley. (She was on Saturday kitchen yesterday.)

I love that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    James Martin's Christmas with friends starts today on the food network at 1pm.

I love James Martin in shows like this. He did a great show like that before with some really lovely recipes. Well worth a watch I'm sure. It seems to be repeated tomorrow night. Thanks for posting about it. I didn't realise he had a new show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love James Martin in shows like this. He did a great show like that before with some really lovely recipes. Well worth a watch I'm sure. It seems to be repeated tomorrow night. Thanks for posting about it. I didn't realise he had a new show.

Me neither. You can thank Sky recommendations for it. Sky knows me so well haha. I recorded it looking forward to getting ideas for this Christmas.

The Santa Clause 3 is just starting on RTE.

Anyone know when Die Hard, the greatest Christmas movie of all time is on? It aint Christmas till Hans Grubber falls from Nakatomi Plaza.
    Lidl has all 4 on a box set from Thursday for €9.99. :DLink

Only seeing this now but Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas on the Food Network now (3pm).

Edit: Repeated tonight at 8pm and 3pm tomorrow. Him and James Martin are my favourites. Nice to see him with the family, no pressure and no swearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Only seeing this now but Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Christmas on the Food Network now (3pm).

Edit: Repeated tonight at 8pm and 3pm tomorrow. Him and James Martin are my favourites. Nice to see him with the family, no pressure and no swearing.

Also on all4 app on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

The RTE Christmas lineup is as rubbish as you'd expect.

Those movies could have been more festive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭touts

The star attraction of Christmas Day is an hour long Fair City episode centered around Paul and Niamh fighting!

Lads and ladies we're the last generation with childhood memories of Christmas Day TV being something to look forward to.

touts wrote: »
    Lads and ladies we're the last generation with childhood memories of Christmas Day TV being something to look forward to.

This is so true!

touts wrote: »

That is so sad... always loved checking the Christmas TV guides to see what the big movies would be...

Life moves on I suppose.

Father Ted Christmas special on More4 at 9pm this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Worst Christmas movie I've ever seen on channel 5 right now. Cinderella Christmas . Avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭trashcan

Fair City and Mrs F****ing Brown on Christmas Night. Thanks RTÉ. :mad:

And yeah, I know they have those two every year, doesn't make them any less crap though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Terrible lineup- and hardly any Christmas films on terrestrial TV as they've nearly all been bought by Sky.
    No Christmas Carol, no White Christmas, no Elf. :mad:

I need to invest in some Christmas films on DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ah, Christmas specials of shows I don't watch anyway. Same as every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

There is a programme on TV3 at 9 tonight about people who are crazy about Christmas

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    There is a programme on TV3 at 9 tonight about people who are crazy about Christmas

Is it about us? :O

Advertisement