Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bricks and Mortor Shop Dublin MOBO

Options
  • 31-10-2016 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Is there any shops in Dublin that sell Motherboards at a reasonable price? I need to pick up one as soon as with a 1150 socket. I dont mind a reasonable amount more than online prices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

pcuser wrote: »
    Is there any shops in Dublin that sell Motherboards at a reasonable price? I need to pick up one as soon as with a 1150 socket. I dont mind a reasonable amount more than online prices.
    Motherboards and Cpu's stores in Ireland are generally very poor for, if you need to source one locally you could try adverts/gumtree etc and get a second hand one or maybe from a reseller on one of them sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

deceit wrote: »
    Motherboards and Cpu's stores in Ireland are generally very poor for, if you need to source one locally you could try adverts/gumtree etc and get a second hand one or maybe from a reseller on one of them sites?

Thanks for the reply, Im not going myself but the Wife is. I was hoping there was a store where she could just walk in and buy it. Elara take 1 day before you can collect the order and they are closed today.

http://www.komplett.ie/motherboards
    You could try komplett, I've bought from them before and every once in a while they have something stored in the local warehouse then you can collect it the same day. I haven't used them in ages so I'm not sure if its still the same though.
    Edit:
    You could also try this crowd but I'm guessing the prices are a bit out of date so will be expensive:
    https://www.maxburns.ie/components/motherboards/skt-1150-motherboards?limit=24

They dont allow that anymore, Thanks though

"The Komplett pick up point is no longer in operation. All deliveries and collections are handled by UPS. If you need to return a product to Komplett, please contact customer service by sending an email throught the request form below."

Thanks again, They no longer allow it though :(

"The Komplett pick up point is no longer in operation. All deliveries and collections are handled by UPS. If you need to return a product to Komplett, please contact customer service by sending an email throught the request form below.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

maplins stock has improved a bit, might have a suitable mobo.

Maplin dont stcok socket 1150, Thanks though

Edit:
    You could also try this crowd but I'm guessing the prices are a bit out of date so will be expensive:
    May not have noticed this bit, could be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

May not have noticed this bit, could be worth a look?

Something tells me they would not have a lot of stock. So you order off them and they then order it in for you and sell to make a small profit.

Maybe I am wrong but I never heard of them and you would be very foolish to buy and stock hundreds of PC components when the market is so small in Ireland and considering you can buy online cheaper.

It would seem so I looked at the MOBOS on the website and its available online only. I tried ringing the number but no answer, Prob dont work Bank Holidays.

• Advertisement

http://www.eurieka.ie/ Seem to have a collection service, Il give them a ring in the morning and see if it can be collected the same day, Thanks Everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.eurieka.ie/ Seem to have a collection service, Il give them a ring in the morning and see if it can be collected the same day, Thanks Everyone
    Pretty sure it's the same setup as Elara; buy it, and you can collect it the next day.

Yes just spotted that 24 to 48 hours :(

It looks like there is no where to buy in store, Does anyone know which Irish Company would have the quickest delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ireland is just too small for a niche PC parts company to thrive.

I'd buy from UK or mainland Europe tbh.

I'd go with Elara if you needed it quickly. Order it very early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

OP have you looked at Amazon.co.uk for mobo + next day delivery? It should still cost less than buying from an Irish brick and mortar.

Venom wrote: »
    OP have you looked at Amazon.co.uk for mobo + next day delivery? It should still cost less than buying from an Irish brick and mortar.

I have Venom, Very reasonable from Amazon, Only £8 for speedy delivery and the mobo is €40 cheaper.

I have Venom, Very reasonable from Amazon, Only £8 for speedy delivery and the mobo is €40 cheaper.
    Just ensure it's in the UK/nearby; seeing a few chinese chancers when I went looking for parts myself in the past.

Advertisement