Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pink ribbon tied to gate

Options
  • 31-10-2016 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

found a light pink ribbon tied to my gate this morning. a google search shows this was common in australia to let people know there was dogs worth robbing inside? i have two dogs. has anyone heard of this in ireland?? im near straffan? it's probably nothing but just said i'd ask if anyone had heard anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Just take it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

oh yeah thanks. never thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Those are most likely internet myths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭kirving

Why would they do that though?! It's a bit obvious to the homeowner like

Why would they do that though?! It's a bit obvious to the homeowner like

it was only very small on the corner of the gate, i wouldn't have noticed it going out in the car as i use a clicker for the gate but went for a walk today and saw it. its probably nothing but just thought id ask.

• Advertisement

ill add that my last dog was poisoned and killed, by a piece of meat thrown over the gate. this was common in kildare a while ago so i was just worried there was a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

never heard of the pink ribbon I know in Cork they used to mark gates with chalk.. Nasty pieces of work sorry to hear about the last pooch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Milly33 wrote: »
    never heard of the pink ribbon I know in Cork they used to mark gates with chalk.. Nasty pieces of work sorry to hear about the last pooch

These are all urban myths.

I mean Chalk? - In Ireland!!! - Its rains every second day!

Meat over gate is also urban myth that it happens regularly - its a favoured one for movies, but in real life its extremely rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

So, if I tie a pink ribbon to my gate, someone is going to knick my dog that has suddenly taken to barking every night at 3 o clock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I am not supporting the idea of a dognapping ring using ribbons , but the ribbon did not get there by itself , it obviously was put there by someone for some reason.

I would be extra vigilant for the next month and keep an eye on the gate for more ribbons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

my mate is a bank manager. They work closely with Garda and are told to watch out for signs like this....baby shoe tied to the railings is another one. They check the surrounding fence every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

gaz wac wrote: »
    my mate is a bank manager. They work closely with Garda and are told to watch out for signs like this....baby shoe tied to the railings is another one. They check the surrounding fence every morning.

What? They are going to steal the baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Anyway, what this has to do with Kildare, I'm not sure..

As it has been pointed out, it's an urban legend. If you are really concerned, speak to the local Garda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement