Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2GIG Panel and Alarm.com app

Options
  • 31-10-2016 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi there,

This weekend I went to the IdealHomeShow on the RDS and I come across the Action24 campany and their product: 2GIG Panel and Alarm.com app.

Does anyone has experience/feedback about the 2GIG panel and the Alarm.com app? I searched on this forum but couldn't find anything.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I just googled it and looked at the spec's. Speaking as a professional installer here, it is missing a vital standard, that is EN50131.

To be fair it may have got that accreditation since the spec's on their web site were put up but if there is no EN50131, well personally i would not touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭carloscorreia

Thank you Kub for the reply.

On the "contact us" -> "our quality standards" page it says they have that EN standard but I'll double check.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Did you ever find out if the equipment complies with the EN50131 standard?

They have an offer on at the moment for this system with 5 contact sensors, 2 PIR sensors, a fob, bell box, panel, and mobile phone app for €499, which looks tempting? Unlike Phonewatch it appears you actuall own the equipment.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could very well own it, but it could be still locked down to the installer. This would leave you in the same boat anyway.
    In this business you get what you pay for. If there were good cheap systems we would all be installing them instead of trying to flog the reliable dearer stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

spockety wrote: »

They have an offer on at the moment for this system with 5 contact sensors, 2 PIR sensors, a fob, bell box, panel, and mobile phone app for €499, which looks tempting? Unlike Phonewatch it appears you actuall own the equipment.

Tempting but then you also see they are installing contacts on your window openings.

Contacts will only activate when the window is open so if glass was taking out to gain access its not going to activate.
    PIRs are only going to activate if they are on.
    If its night time they are mainly off to allow access around your home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭carloscorreia

spockety wrote: »

I went with a wired solution so I didn't follow up on this option.

Advertisement