Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Hill Climbing Champs

Options
  • 31-10-2016 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on Cycling Weekly. The numbers here are insane. Max gradient 26%, mostly around 15. HR 198 bpm :eek:. Serious Wattage as well, 500 plus. The sound of him gasping for breath at the end is familiar to most of us ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thought i recognised that road (bank road matlock) used to live in derby and cycle up through matlock regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Some of the hill-cimbs in and around Yorkshire are ... eh ... interesting. Sheffield, for example, is a city built on hills; so much so that the hill (at the top of which I live .. lucky me when cycling home from work ... ) was included for stage 2 of the Tour De France 2014 because it maxes out at 25% gradient: Jenkins Road.

And of course next door to Sheffield are the Peaks; climbs a-plenty.

Advertisement