Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which .22 pellets.

Options
  • 31-10-2016 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I just bought a Airarms S410 in .22 for a bit of shed work over the winter and wondering which is the best pellet for the S410.

Thank's in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Many people over here prefer AirArms' own brand pellets, but also like Crosman Accu-pells.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

Cheers Tac,
    I was talking to another guy this evening and said Airarms Field work very well in 410 or 510's

Dunno, me, all of my airguns are .177. Just passing on the advice.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Air arms are good, JSB Exact are also the other main player.
    After that there's RWS and Crossman Premier. There are others but that's all that comes to mind right now.

You won't go wrong with any of the above.

Trouble is, you have to buy a whole tin to try a dozen, unless you have a dealer who sells trial packs, like many do here. With pellets classed as live rounds of ammunition, this can prove a PITA process.

Do you know other shooters who have any of these pellets to try, and if so, how would they be able to let you have a few to try out without breaking the law?

tac

• Advertisement

Mine loves Air Arms Diablo Fields.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

I've got a few different types of pellets over time. PM me your details and I will send you on a sample of each to try.
    I've been thinking of trading up to a decent air gun and I'd be keen to hear how you find the S410.

Thank's lads for all the info.

I do know a guy that has Airarms Field and JSB's so he will give me a few of each to try out.

Would 15/20 of each brand be enough to see which works better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

I'd be going for 15 grain bisley super field ( i believe some other makes are the same). Nice sturdy skirts that don't deform. Stay away from 'pest' flat head stuff beyond 30 m targets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I had an s410 fac for years but I am not sure which model you have.

What power is it? Mine was putting out over 32 ft lb and loved jsb jumbo heavies 18 gr. It didn't like anything below 16 gr.

If your rifle is 12ft lb you should be good trying anything around 14-16 gr and be fine. Most of the Airarms pellets were made by jsb in the past so they generally both have similar offerings. Some really like the rws stuff too. There are loads of brands but it's an exhaustive list.

I have loads of different ones here, probably twenty odd brands if you want to try anything in particular.

• Advertisement

Thank you Denismac for your offer, I will send you PM.

My S410 is the older one it's the S410 classic with fixed power and running at 28 ft lb pressure with no adjustment.

Cobs wrote: »

My S410 is the older one it's the S410 classic with fixed power and running at 28 ft lb pressure with no adjustment.

Stick to the pellets in the 16-22 range but the jsb jumbo heavies, also sold as Airarms Field heavy, should be really good for you. I don't think anything below 16 gr is going to be great for you.

If you want to try any brand, just let me know as I have loads of them and you can have samples free of charge.

Thank you Amadabam I will take you up on you offer and try them out.
    PM on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭minktrapper

.22 steel darts.What would one use them for. What are the heaviest .22 pellets widely available.

.22 steel darts.What would one use them for. What are the heaviest .22 pellets widely available.

Bisley magnums at 21.4gr are usually available. Or slightly lighter, jsb jumbo heavies (also Airarms field heavy) at 18.13gr. Heavier pellets drop really fast too

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mississippi.

Cobs wrote: »

My S410 is the adjustable model (8-28) ft/lb and the bisley magnums, JSB jumbo heavies and Diana high power (red label) group best in it.
    The thing is though I only use it on min and max power and even on minimum power any pellets under 17 gr. do not group as well as the heavier ones.

Advertisement