Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pizza and Indian in the city?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Da Paulino on Upper Abbeygate St does it for me. Its an all purpose Italian restaurant, but the pizza is particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jesus wept, Monroe's!! With its delightfully biscuit base and two ton of toppings above six inches of mozzarella. As far from a traditional/quality pizza as you'll find.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Jesus wept, Monroe's!! With its delightfully biscuit base and two ton of toppings above six inches of mozzarella. As far from a traditional/quality pizza as you'll find.

I wouldn't go for a drink there for fear of seeing one. I'd get indigestion looking at it. There's no accounting for taste (or lack of). Didn't someone on here say recently Kai was bad at putting flavours together! Kai. Flavours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

While I can understand others contempt, I quite enjoy Monroes pizzas FWIW

While I can understand others contempt, I quite enjoy Monroes pizzas FWIW
    There's a place for it.....after a scatter of pints when you don't know any better but for me that's where it ends. People claiming it to be Galway's best....eh....no, just no. Not even top 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

and thats why i said but on a different level :o

skinny90 wrote: »
    and thats why i said but on a different level :o
    Translated as acceptable drunk food I assume? It wasn't you claiming it was the best in town though so not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Can you get a proper Chicago-style deep dish pizza anywhere in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

grbear wrote: »
    Can you get a proper Chicago-style deep dish pizza anywhere in GalwayIreland ?
    I think you need to expand your search and still you'd come up short.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

A shame. I've made a few at home but they are a fair amount of effort so an easy option to just buy one would have been welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

The best pizza in Galway and anywhere in Ireland is in Mona Lisa,across the road from the Crane/Massimo.
    Way ahead of everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

grbear wrote: »
    Can you get a proper Chicago-style deep dish pizza anywhere in Galway?

That hasn't made it across the pond. That's a good thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Is Fat Freddies still going? Was there a couple of times years back and the pizza was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

That hasn't made it across the pond. That's a good thing.

Absolutely, one of my most disappointing food experiences was going to a highly recommended pizza restaurant in Chicago for my first deep dish pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

I would describe Galways Indian restaurants as tasty but quite bland and not very authentic at all. 
    Catering is done for local taste so flavours (not just spice) tend to be quite dumbed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The best indian food in Galway is form the guy in the market on Sundays.
    Really delicious Indian street food in generous portions for very little money.

The Banh Mi guy does a fantastic sambo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭theintern

Curry and Spice is great. Don't be put off by the location. Seriously reasonably priced too.

It's outside the city, but every time I've gone to Oran Tandoori I've loved it. Curry and Spice for a takeaway, Oran Tandoori for a sit down meal.

Advertisement