Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Somewhere to host a free kids cycling class

Options
  • 31-10-2016 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm looking to run a free kids bike safety class coming up to Christmas and I'm wondering can anyone recommend somewhere around Celbridge that would let me use there facilities for about an hour or 2. If it had a closed car park or small area for the kids to use their bikes would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭jamesd

We used a local national school to run our sprocket rocket course as it had toilets and a safe area to use the bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

I'm hoping to run it on a weekend so dunno if that would work for the school.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A bit further afield but Corkagh Park is an excellent facility. I've run a few kids sessions there (with everyone travelling from North County Dublin) for my club. CI may well allow free use for affiliated clubs running youth sessions.

A park would be a good idea alright. I'm assuming you needed to get permission to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

A park would be a good idea alright. I'm assuming you needed to get permission to use it.

There's a cycle track in the park, CI run it and take the bookings, details at the link below,

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/about/corkagh-pk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭kirving

Really excellent idea. Most kids never get that type of training, and should really help keep them safe.

Maybe for the parents, give them a print out of a website where they can buy their child inexpensive but good quality lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Long shot, but Leinster Driving Campus might be worth inquiring, as they basically have a facility where they try to recreate road circumstances on a private course. Obviously they won't want to impact their normal operations, but since they also do on-road training, I'm not sure if they have someone on the private track 100% of the time?

I emailed them there and got a bit of a blunt reply off them.lol

Advertisement