Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My TV Switches itself off when i connect my Netbook to it

Options
  • 31-10-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi there as above I bought a hp pavilion 13 x360 which unfortunatley doesnt have a VGA output only HDMI , I tried a converter from adverts.ie which worked for a few days then suddenly stopped ( it did feel cheaply made and used to get quite warm)

I decided to put my old laptop and monitor into the bedroom use as a spare and I bought a second hand TV- a LG LD350 26" on a facebook local buy and sell..

It worked fine the first 2 days but then it started switching to standby sometimes once an hour, others times 5,6 times an hour or more.

Ive tested the TV today by hooking it up to SKY (thru AV port) and it has been working fine and not switched itself to standby once

So has anyone got any idea what could be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

well I just tested the HDMI again with my sons ps4 and again it failed .. is this common enough for the HDMI to not work correctly but the AV to work fine? and should it be an easy enough fix ie do they have separate Capacitors ( sorry im just reading up on this stuff)?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You won't be able to home repair the HDMI interface yourself and with a TV thats not worth much I'd put money on a professional repair costing more than its worth.

You can buy a brand new 1080P(that ones 720p right?) panel for around €130 for 22" or a little more for 26". That'd probably be the route Id follow after getting a quote from a TV repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

ED E wrote: »
    You won't be able to home repair the HDMI interface yourself and with a TV thats not worth much I'd put money on a professional repair costing more than its worth.

You can buy a brand new 1080P(that ones 720p right?) panel for around €130 for 22" or a little more for 26". That'd probably be the route Id follow after getting a quote from a TV repair shop.

thank you , yeah its 720, ill take it down to see anyway, but im back to using my old monitor with a new adapter, ill need to save the pennies to be able to afford that :)

Advertisement