Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should i use shorter crank

Options
  • 31-10-2016 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Just bought my new bike guys according to giants size guide the small and xs should fit(im the high end of xs and the low end of s) but the bike only comes in small so i purchased it.it feels ok to rides but does look kinda a bit big.The seat post is bot much higher looking than the stem hight and most cyclist i see there seat is wat abouve the handle bar stem height.Should i switch to a 165 crank instead of a 170 would it look or feel better.Im 5"5 with 29 inside leg and the bike is a giant propel with a 530mm top tube..Maybe a shorter stem too its 100 maybe down to 80

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I'm 5"4 and run 170 cranks without issue. Depends how you feel on the bike. 80mm stem for me on the road bike, but I have a short torso and long legs. Professional fit is worth doing if you're not sure.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You say it feels OK as it is, so why even concern yourself over it?

I have ridden 165 to 175 without noticing the difference (although some people do seem a lot more sensitive to crank length than me)

What's more important is getting your saddle height (above the pedal at it's lowest point) right

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭willdill

Some have said it look a tad to big. As to feeling ok iv only done 50 spin so far so i prob wouldnt kmow properly yrt.

Advertisement