Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSC In Accountancy - UOL

• 31-10-2016 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi There,

A friend mentioned to me about a MSC course offered by the Universty of London which gives ACCA exceptions for the final papers.

Papers P1 to P3 must be passed in order to be able to register for the course.

I've currently yet to sit P2 & P3 and I'm highly considering doing the course online, however I would prefer to attend full time.

I've not yet heard of any collages in Ireland doing this masters or considering bringing it in.

Has anyone else heard of this type of Masters with Acca Exceptions being introduced to any Irish collage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

ROH2015 wrote: »
    Hi There,

A friend mentioned to me about a MSC course offered by the Universty of London which gives ACCA exceptions for the final papers.

I've currently yet to sit P2 & P3 and I'm highly considering doing the course online, however I would prefer to attend full time.

I've not yet heard of any collages in Ireland doing this masters or considering bringing it in.

Has anyone else heard of this type of Masters with Acca Exceptions being introduced to any Irish collage?

Is the standard full ACCA qualification not already considered a lvl 9 (ie similar to masters lvl) on the national qualifications framework?

Is there any advantages to going this route, or is it merely a moneymaking exercise of behalf of ACCA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,504 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

ROH2015 wrote: »
    Hi There,

I have actually been looking at this myself.

I'm qualified and I know that means that I only have to successfully complete 2 projects to be awarded the Masters.

Depending on how many exams you have left, you will have to do more projects/exams than myself.

I'm really tempted to do it , as it can be completed in 6 months and is a fair bit cheaper than the Masters on offer here. Also handy that it is run online, so I can keep working.

Advertisement