Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Gonna sell out quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Did they change the date and location of Electric Picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Any presale details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

First Irish show since June 2008 - hard to say how fast it will sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

First Irish show since June 2008 - hard to say how fast it will sell out.

I'm guessing 3 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think it'll be hard to get tickets for this. It's first show they've played here in years and Radiohead fans are mental. I don't think I'll be trying for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tickets for this will be like gold dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Tickets for this will be like gold dust.

I can see them adding a second gig on the Wednesday night ,one night would sell out quickly 2 wouldnt though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Oh my god hopefully they will do a couple of nights, tickets will be IMPOSSIBLE to get for this!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Zardoz wrote: »
    I can see them adding a second gig on the Wednesday night ,one night would sell out quickly 2 wouldnt though.

I'd imagine if there were 5 gigs they'd sell out in no time. Tickets for a second gig wouldn't last much longer than the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Why can't other gigs be done the same?

Radiohead have announced that they will make their Irish return next year with a concert in Dublin's 3Arena.

The band will take to the stage in the venue on June 20, 2017, with tickets going on sale on Friday, November 4 at 9am.

Tickets are priced from €61.45 and there will be a ticket limit of maximum 4 per person/transaction when they go on sale.

The name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket and the name cannot be changed after the booking has been made. All guests in the booking must arrive at the concert at the same time and photo identification will be checked.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I'm tremendously excited for this!

okidoki987 wrote: »

Tickets are priced from €61.45 and there will be a ticket limit of maximum 4 per person/transaction when they go on sale.

The name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket and the name cannot be changed after the booking has been made. All guests in the booking must arrive at the concert at the same time and photo identification will be checked.

While in principle it is to be admired that they are implementing those ticket restrictions its highly unlikely it will be implemented in such a large venue .

It works well in a small venue with a capacity of ~3-4k but any larger and its not really feasible.
    The gig is on a Tuesday night too so you have alot of people arriving to the venue late/after work so its simply not feasible to check all those ID's .

There would be riots too if people were turned away .

Radiohead have done it in the past. People can't riot if they're turned away for not following rules that were clearly outlined before the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

While in principle it is to be admired that they are implementing those ticket restrictions its highly unlikely it will be implemented in such a large venue .

It works well in a small venue with a capacity of ~3-4k but any larger and its not really feasible.
    The gig is on a Tuesday night too so you have alot of people arriving to the venue late/after work so its simply not feasible to check all those ID's .

There would be riots too if people were turned away .

It will be enforced, at the request of the band. I went to one of their gigs this summer and was checked for ID twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It will be enforced, at the request of the band. I went to one of their gigs this summer and was checked for ID twice!
    Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What if someone genuinely can't go and sells ticket on face value? Has to be provisions made for this as this will happen a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Its already happened at a couple of gigs in 3Arena so the system is there to stop the touts

Yes they implemented it at the small venues but its simply not practical at a big arena I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

okidoki987 wrote: »

Radiohead have announced that they will make their Irish return next year with a concert in Dublin's 3Arena.

The band will take to the stage in the venue on June 20, 2017, with tickets going on sale on Friday, November 4 at 9am.

This should b compulsory for all gigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Yes they implemented it at the small venues but its simply not practical at a big arena I'm afraid.

The venue I was at wasn't exactly small.

Trust me, Radiohead are extremely passionate about this and it will be implemented.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    What if someone genuinely can't go and sells ticket on face value? Has to be provisions made for this as this will happen a lot.

The whole point is that tickets can't be sold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tough crap, unfortunately. Looking at the bigger picture, it makes sense, because it puts touts completely off.I wish more bands would do this to be honest.

The venue I was at wasn't exactly small.

Trust me, Radiohead are extremely passionate about this and it will be implemented.

Hopefully it is implemented ,more gigs need to implement these rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Tough crap, unfortunately. Looking at the bigger picture, it makes sense, because it puts touts completely off.I wish more bands would do this to be honest.

Oh I understand and agree with the principle of it. My only worry on a personal level is that I don't manage to get a ticket at 9am on Friday and then can't buy one face value nearer to the gig date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Oh I understand and agree with the principle of it. My only worry on a personal level is that I don't manage to get a ticket at 9am on Friday and then can't buy one face value nearer to the gig date.
    You'll be able to buy one but you'll have to arrange to enter the gig with the person who sold you the ticket, plus their name will have to be on it

But that's no good if the person who sold you the ticket isn't going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Can the lead attendee be a different name to that on the credit card buying the ticket? ie. Can I buy tickets for my wife and her friend and not go myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

That would be a good system if the gig was on next week, committing 60 euro to a gig I may or may not to be able to go to in 8 months time is a bit ridiculous...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

pm1977x wrote: »
    Can the lead attendee be a different name to that on the credit card buying the ticket? ie. Can I buy tickets for my wife and her friend and not go myself?
    Going by past gigs where they have done this once the people attending have the card used to purchase the tickets they will get in no problem.

Advertisement