Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Weepsie wrote: »
    Block P anyway. I got offered 4, went through to pay and kablammo, it sent me back.

To see them in Punchestown in 2000 would be the equivalent of about €40. With inflation maybe 50-60 quid man prices are mad.

LOL if you think that €40 in 2000 would be €60 in 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Two standing tickets sorted! Looking forward to this one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Waiting for 2nd gig announcement at 10, ahem......., i wish!!!!!!!

someone at ticketmaster said to me that its not happening this time. i might just hang bout for a few more minutes tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

I have mixed feelings about the touting rules. Often it transpires that people can't go to a concert they bought tickets for. Does this mean they can't sell the ticket on to someone at face value, someone who might desperately want to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Well if you're afraid of heights then you're better off near the top. If you were near the front you'd be looking at a straight drop down onto the crowd, which would probably be worse for you.

Don't overthink it. You'll be fine!

I'm just hoping that I'll be ok once the overhead lights go out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Fieldog wrote: »
    After I could not get them on the desktop app since 8:45am I managed to log in on mobile app straight away and got 2, thats a bit of a ridiculous system....

that's nuts seeing as i've been on the mobile app and desktop since 8.55 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

LOL. Based on inflation €40 euro in 2000 would be worth roughly €55 now. Ticketmaster inflation seems to be working to different rules though. LOL at all of us indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭peeps78

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    Can't quote posts yet but @chuky_r_law, I'm a right granny, I love sitting at concerts. :D I don't get the appeal of being squashed up against other people and as a short person, I can't see a thing!

We got tickets! God bless the 3 app. :)

Im a shorty too and you can guarantee the tallest person in the arena will end up standing in front of me.
    But Ive never done seating in the arena so figured there was just as much chance of that tall person being in the seat in front of me and blocking my view when everyone stands up anyway.

Also Im terrible with heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

According to the CSO website it would be closer to €50 than €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

peeps78 wrote: »
    Im a shorty too and you can guarantee the tallest person in the arena will end up standing in front of me.
    But Ive never done seating in the arena so figured there was just as much chance of that tall person being in the seat in front of me and blocking my view when everyone stands up anyway.

I'll happily take your ticket if it's too much for poor old you, god love you getting a ticket that 99% of people didn't :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

Can anyone answer this, I got 2 tickets but it printed the name that was on the credit card on the tickets not my ticket master account name. It's my dads name. Will I contact ticketmaser or as long as the surname is the same/bring both our ID i'll be ok? Or do I have to go with my dad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

lukin wrote: »
    Toutless.com are not allowing buying/selling/swapping for this gig because of the buyer must attend rule.Great.

How well is that rule enforced does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

TBF think that's the first time in 16 years that I didn't eventually get tickets so can't really complain! I blame advancing decrepitude resulting in a nanosecond of prioritising a cup of tea over the millionth refresh :pac:

Here's hoping for a second gig! Downloaded the app after the fact seeing as apparently that was the way to go.

As limiting as the named ticket end of things can be, it really does cut down on the usual resale/touting bollox. Off the top of my head Tom Waits had similar restrictions with regard to ID and that worked out fine but you are sort of rolling the dice on definitely being able to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

It's an outrageous amount of money to see a band. However I was happy to pay it and in truth I'd have paid a lot more. And it's that willingness to pay that encourages bands and promoters to charge through the nose. Long live the circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

pity we both dont have standing tickets. i love squashing up against short arsed grannies at concerts ;)

Yeah, saggy granny arses are hot! :pac:

tiredcity wrote: »
    TBF think that's the first time in 16 years that I didn't eventually get tickets so can't really complain! I blame advancing decrepitude resulting in a nanosecond of prioritising a cup of tea over the millionth refresh :pac:

Here's hoping for a second gig! Downloaded the app after the fact seeing as apparently that was the way to go.
    I was offered tickets on the mobile browser, not the app, straight away at 9.00 with no q. I wonder what ticket pool the mobile browser pulls from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

someone at ticketmaster said to me that its not happening this time. i might just hang bout for a few more minutes tho...

Rang the ticketmaster booking line, automated voice, said "sold out", but i'll keep trying!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭peeps78

Cina wrote: »
    I'll happily take your ticket if it's too much for poor old you, god love you getting a ticket that 99% of people didn't :)

whoops dident mean to sound ungratefull. Im extremely happy even if im looking at someones back the whole night.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

Had a ticket, block K, ready to purchase, Verified by Visa locks me out.
    I'm calling ****ing VbV, waiting 5 minutes for someone to answer, 1 minute to answer all the stupid questions, timer's out, ticket's gone. What can I say, my life.

thc4me wrote: »
    Can anyone answer this, I got 2 tickets but it printed the name that was on the credit card on the tickets not my ticket master account name. It's my dads name. Will I contact ticketmaser or as long as the surname is the same/bring both our ID i'll be ok? Or do I have to go with my dad :P

Contact Ticketmaster and get a definite answer. Don't rely on hearsay. If you can contact them by email so you have a written record. I know that sounds rather paranoid but a simple thing like this could cause a lot of stress on the night if the staff don't know the correct policy. Get on top of it asap. I'm sure you'll be fine and your poor old dad won't have to dance along to Idioteque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Tickets seem to be still available for Manchester on Eventim if anyone's interested

http://www.eventim.co.uk/radiohead.html?affiliate=EUK&doc=artistPages/overview&fun=artist&action=overview&kuid=229716

whoops dident mean to sound ungratefull. Im extremely happy even if im looking at someones back the whole night.

I'm almost 6 foot, 8 inches tall, before I wear heels. I' gonna follow you around all night you ungrateful little brat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Had a gang of 5 friends trying this morning, 2 of us were successful with 8 standing tickets between us. Mornign well spent :D

Ha, as if concert tickets follow economy inflation. Now that big concerts and music events are all the rage and casual touts have a seat at the right hand of the father, promoters can charge whatever they like. FOMO will ensure someone will always pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Tickets seem to be still available for Manchester on Eventim if anyone's interested

http://www.eventim.co.uk/radiohead.html?affiliate=EUK&doc=artistPages/overview&fun=artist&action=overview&kuid=229716

Eventim are so much better at selling tickets than Ticketmaster as they stagger the ticket release .
    You can pick your exact seat location too if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shuvginger

How well is that rule enforced does anyone know?

Saw them in Amsterdam and all passports were checked against tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

We like to meet up beforehand in high ceiling-ed pubs and agree a plan to find the shorter people to stand in front of, we find it's better to work together and spread out in the crowd for maximum impact.

We also have a sister group - "the big hairs" and finally you have the very rare - Tall with big hair who like the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I feel like forking out the cash and hitting Rock Werchter next year where they are playing over in Belgium, at least you'll have a good few days of great bands

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

I've had this working for 15 minutes now.
    Don't know if Ticketmaster's pulling my chain or if I'm actually in a queue for anything.
    ntiYD0P.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Zardoz wrote: »
    Eventim are so much better at selling tickets than Ticketmaster as they stagger the ticket release .
    You can pick your exact seat location too if available.

from what I've read, Eventim were the only ones selling standing tickets too. Gigsandtours, Ticketmaster etc. were only given allocations of seating tickets.

• Advertisement

jsabina wrote: »
    I got SectionGA2RowG3 and paid 97 because of course to do everything fast I didn't realized I bought insurance with them grrrr

I done the same and just cancelled the insurance via email. They got back to me within 10 minutes. Payment returned within 3-5 working days. Contact Allianz. You should have already received an email with you policy details.

Advertisement