Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

We like to meet up beforehand in high ceiling-ed pubs and agree a plan to find the shorter people to stand in front of, we find it's better to work together and spread out in the crowd for maximum impact.

We also have a sister group - "the big hairs" and finally you have the very rare - Tall with big hair who like the seats.

I believe Howard Stern is the president of the Tall with Big Hair charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

"Help battle the bots"....................c'mon, give me something, aaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Apparently a second Oslo gig has been added, according to Twitter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

from what I've read, Eventim were the only ones selling standing tickets too. Gigsandtours, Ticketmaster etc. were only given allocations of seating tickets.

Not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Pete Moss wrote: »
    I believe Howard Stern is the president of the Tall with Big Hair charter.

Ably assisted by his Colombian vice-president, Carlos Valderrama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

from what I've read, Eventim were the only ones selling standing tickets too. Gigsandtours, Ticketmaster etc. were only given allocations of seating tickets.

That's unusual but Eventim are the official ticket seller for the Manchester Arena .
    They are German so very efficient.

It's some walk from the Luas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

thc4me wrote: »
    Can anyone answer this, I got 2 tickets but it printed the name that was on the credit card on the tickets not my ticket master account name. It's my dads name. Will I contact ticketmaser or as long as the surname is the same/bring both our ID i'll be ok? Or do I have to go with my dad :P

Same here. My wife paid for two tickets for the young lad and now her name is on both tickets. Rang TM, said there was nothing they could do and that my wife would have to turn up on the night with ID so that the two lads could get in. What a crock of sh1t. I can't believe they didn't think that one through. There has to be a lot of people in the same boat. Stand by Joe Duffy :D

That venue is very small ,it only holds 8,700 .
    Odd a second Dublin gig hasnt been added

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

emeldc wrote: »
    Same here. My wife paid for two tickets for the young lad and now her name is on both tickets. Rang TM, said there was nothing they could do and that my wife would have to turn up on the night with ID so that the two lads could get in. What a crock of sh1t. I can't believe they didn't think that one through. There has to be a lot of people in the same boat. Stand by Joe Duffy :D

That is ridiculous. Whatever about having to bring the credit card used to purchase them, you shouldn't have to bring the person who's name is on it. The increased "tout protection" is definitely going to be less than the number of people screwed over by this system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

What do you mean didn't think it through? "Oh, you mean the person named on the ticket will have to turn up? I suppose we shouldn't have said that the person named on the ticket would have to turn up so"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Went for the dual approach of trying to get them through the 3presale and also standing in line at Centra/Ticketmaster. I was 3rd in line so I thought I should be ok, but 9:02 and the first person in the line didn't even get all the tickets they wanted. Then on the phone I had tickets lined up, AIB send me a verification code to confirm the purchase and then bang! I'm kicked off the page. Absolutely heartbroken. The guy in Centra kept trying in the hope that tickets would appear as a result of credit cards being declined and success! Got a seated ticket in Block H, at €92 it's pretty pricey but it's Radiohead so I don't care, absolutely delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If only they had made it explicitly clear beforehand that this was the case.

Oh, wait, what's that...

:rolleyes:

Genuinely, though, whether or not people agree with the policy, they did make it abundantly clear that this is how it was going to run. If people chose to ignore that, well, what more can they do?

Personally, i'd be all in favour of it if there was a get-out window - say if by next April people can't use the tickets, they could return them to TM, refund the price of the ticket, TM keep the standing charges and reissue the tickets under new names. Have a waiting list system in place, or do another general sale.

It's how Glastonbury does it as far as I'm aware, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Should I keep trying?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

Zardoz wrote: »
    That venue is very small ,it only holds 8,700 .
    Odd a second Dublin gig hasnt been added

Would be pretty neat if they did another one the next day, with the 20 years anniversary. Also, if Oslo gig holds 8700, and 3Arena only about 1000 more - it's not a huge difference? *desperate*

greendom wrote: »
    Should I keep trying?

Yep, I'm doing the same, have faith :D

greendom wrote: »
    Should I keep trying?

I'm still "sitting tight" based on ticketmaster instructions, but have been like that for 40 minutes now, and nothing's happening. So I think it's safe to say we're ****ed. :)

If only they had made it explicitly clear beforehand that this was the case.

Oh, wait, what's that...

:rolleyes:

Genuinely, though, whether or not people agree with the policy, they did make it abundantly clear that this is how it was going to run. If people chose to ignore that, well, what more can they do?

Personally, i'd be all in favour of it if there was a get-out window - say if by next April people can't use the tickets, they could return them to TM, refund the price of the ticket, TM keep the standing charges and reissue the tickets under new names. Have a waiting list system in place, or do another general sale.

It's how Glastonbury does it as far as I'm aware, isn't it?

Yes Radiohead did something like this in the UK in 2012
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/radiohead-try-to-pull-plug-on-ticket-resale-rip-offs-7499740.html

Unlikely we will see anything similar in this country though I'd say .

I thought Ticketmaster said you could enter the lead attendees name and it could be different from the credit card holder ?
    Also, if Oslo gig holds 8700, and 3Arena only about 1000 more - it's not a huge difference? *desperate*
    The 3arena holds close to 14k with the large standing area layout.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    What do you mean didn't think it through? "Oh, you mean the person named on the ticket will have to turn up? I suppose we shouldn't have said that the person named on the ticket would have to turn up so"

Stop being so snarky, you don't know the exact circumstances. An earlier contributor purchased tickets on their dad's card thinking that their own name, linked to the Ticketmaster account, would be on the ticket. That's a mistake but one that was based on an innocent, and I would argue a rather reasonable, assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm still "sitting tight" based on ticketmaster instructions, but have been like that for 40 minutes now, and nothing's happening. So I think it's safe to say we're ****ed. :)

I never get passed proving that I'm not a bot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

PS this ticket name check thing is never enforced.

id take a punt on buying a ticket from a 3rd party.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Would be pretty neat if they did another one the next day, with the 20 years anniversary. Also, if Oslo gig holds 8700, and 3Arena only about 1000 more - it's not a huge difference? *desperate*

Ryanair do flights to Oslo from €20 each way so could be a nice excuse for a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Ryanair do flights to Oslo from €20 each way so could be a nice excuse for a holiday.

Oslo is one of the most expensive cities in the world, though!

Zardoz wrote: »
    The 3arena holds close to 14k with the large standing area layout.
    Ah.That makes sense, was looking at sitting area alone I suppose. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cina wrote: »
    Ryanair do flights to Oslo from 20 each way so could be a nice excuse for a holiday.

Oslo is one of the most expensive cities in the world, though!
    So is Dublin!

".............I feel my luck could change...", yeah i know that feeling......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Not true.
    how so?
    ticketmaster definitely didn't. Gigsandtours weren't selling any as of last night.

Screenshot_20161103-143554.thumb.png.af31144b1393804b2c952d48f429a7fe.png

Screenshot_20161103-163039.thumb.png.378c5461cb56a536cf00dbb081057869.png

Screenshot_20161103-164952.thumb.png.4e7d6ad58b94d458f7dd0ce5cfe4d85e.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

how so?
    ticketmaster definitely didn't. Gigsandtours weren't selling any as of last night.

Screenshot_20161103-143554.thumb.png.af31144b1393804b2c952d48f429a7fe.png

Screenshot_20161103-163039.thumb.png.378c5461cb56a536cf00dbb081057869.png

Screenshot_20161103-164952.thumb.png.4e7d6ad58b94d458f7dd0ce5cfe4d85e.png

I was online at 9am and was offered two standing tickets. On Ticketmaster.

Edit: Hold on, are you talking specifically about Manchester? Apologies. I thought you meant Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah sorry, meant for Manchester. Eventim seem to be the only ones that had standing tickets to sell today.

• Advertisement

Anyone check the stubhub website and see the prices for the gig, unreal!!!!!

Advertisement