Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

€82.25 for a ticket to see them in Florence, flights are surely less than €100. If I wasn't going to Glastonbury that's what I'd be doing. Florence is a beautiful city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

MattD wrote: »
    Not true, I got standing on ticketmaster.ie this morning.

Ghostdancer is talking about ticketmaster's ticket sales for the Manchester gig.

Oooops! Disregard my aloofness so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

There are some standing in Manchester left via eventim I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Missed out as with many others on here. Looking at best alternative options and Milan is looking good, knock a romantic getaway with the missus out of it too.
    WASTE page says it's on at I-Days 2017. Does anyone have information on the I-Days event, sounds like a festival of sorts but can't find any information online about it, least not in English, so have no idea if its one day or what the story is.

Missed out as with many others on here. Looking at best alternative options and Milan is looking good, knock a romantic getaway with the missus out of it too.
    WASTE page says it's on at I-Days 2017. Does anyone have information on the I-Days event, sounds like a festival of sorts but can't find any information online about it, least not in English, so have no idea if its one day or what the story is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

Irish Times says second gig is unlikely because they're in Glastonbury just a few days after Dublin.
    I really hope they're wrong, I'm heartbroken. :(
    A second Dublin date is unlikely. Two days before their Dublin date, the band are due to play festival in the Netherlands, and three days after their Dublin date they are headlining the Friday night of the Glastonbury festival. A two-day break is likely given the scale of the Glastonbury show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I heard a really interesting podcast a while back about how and why ticket prices are the way they are but I can't find it now. It was US focussed, but I'd say there's a lot of crossover.

From what I remember, it's a combination of the band setting a price and then the venue having their overheads (which seems logical). However, the ticket sellers don't want to advertise >e100 tickets, so they hide part of the cost by selling through other businesses they own (e.g. seatwave) or selling packaged tickets (gig ticket + hotel, etc.). I wish I could find the podcast now as I'm probably butchering the explanation, but that's the general gist.

So to answer the question you actually asked, I'm fairly sure it's a combination of both. Other things like needing to bring a full set of gear and pyrotechnics would also affect it. Was the Amserdam gig a "intimate" one or full stage show?
    I'd say it was the full stage show. Proper lighting rig and numerous screens above the band on stage. Here's a pic

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

skerry wrote: »

I am from Milan and I believe that Florence would be a more romantic getaway :D (but maybe flights to Milan are less expensive)

jsabina wrote: »

I am from Milan and I believe that Florence would be a more romantic getaway :D (but maybe flights to Milan are less expensive)

Your right, flights to Florence considerably more expensive. :)

Are you familiar with I-days festival?

From the little info I could gather it sounds like a series of one day concerts in Monza Park. Radiohead are headlining Friday nights event and Green Day the previous night (thankfully)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Irish Times says second gig is unlikely because they're in Glastonbury just a few days after Dublin.

Thats no excuse, feck them, get them to headline EP later in the year, that'll solve the problem :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Like everyone else who was unsuccessful. My fiances 40th birthday tomorrow so it was going to be his present. Gutted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

Thats no excuse, feck them, get them to headline EP later in the year, that'll solve the problem :D

Right? Then again, what do the Irish Times know. I was checking old tour dates and it wouldn't be the first time they had only one day off before playing a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

At this stage it's looking really unlikely that there'll be a second one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Your right, flights to Florence considerably more expensive. :)

Are you familiar with I-days festival?

From the little info I could gather it sounds like a series of one day concerts in Monza Park. Radiohead are headlining Friday nights event and Green Day the previous night (thankfully)

strange enough I don't know... wondering how is it possible, but maybe living too many years in Dub now..

At this stage it's looking really unlikely that there'll be a second one :(

Maybe an outdoor gig in the RDS next year, 20th anniversary special. Brings me back, cracking day, great support too, Teenage Fanclub and Massive Attack. I'd say defintely a second gig will be announced, if not another 3 arena, then an outdoor concert would be sufficient....

Maybe an outdoor gig in the RDS next year, 20th anniversary special. Brings me back, cracking day, great support too, Teenage Fanclub and Massive Attack. I'd say defintely a second gig will be announced, if not another 3 arena, then an outdoor concert would be sufficient....

Would be surprised, 20th anniversary type stuff isn't really their style...

What an amazing gig, by the sounds of it!

It was class, easily my favourite gig that they did and i've seen roughly 10 times over the last 20 odd years. Teenage Fanclub were fantastic as well, they had just released "Songs From Northern Britain", was a great day overall, despite the weather.

It was that gig that inspired Thom to pen the lyrics for "How To Disappear Completely"

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

While I do support the effort to put measures to stop touts in place, they really made a dogs dinner of it!

All they had to do was add one simple function on to the checkout page, to facilitate adding a name to tickets. A friend at work logged on to buy 1 ticket for her 18 year old son as he (shock horror!) does not have a credit card.
    She was aware of restrictions, but assumed she could put his name on the ticket.

She rang ticketsmaster customer service after she bought the ticket to inquire, and was treated with contempt and rudeness. She was told to take it up with MCD. I'm sure MCD will just fob her off back to ticketmaster!

Don't get me started on the SCANDAL that is the pricing of tickets and handling fees by Ticketmaster, and the whole Seatwave FIASCO!

Is anyone listening to Stuart Clarke on Today FM, talking about the gig..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is anyone listening to Stuart Clarke on Today FM, talking about the gig..

Caught the end of it there ,alot of good points but also alot of misinformation.

I dont know why they are harping on about the resale sites as Seatwave and Stubhub arent listing tickets ,Viagogo are the only ones from a quick scan and they have a paltry 40 tickets which any individual can list .
    The buyer has to meet the seller on the day to go in ,there is no way of stopping that .
    40 out of 14k is a tiny percentage ,for example some gigs in the US could have 20-25% of the venues total tickets on Stubhub alone.
    So in that regard ,keeping the tickets out of touts hands it seems to be a success.

However Radiohead have done themselves no favors by only playing one concert in Dublin ,there was huge demand ,surely 2 gigs would have been the minimum ?
    14k tickets is simply nowhere near enough to satisfy demand,they could easily sell out 3 nights.

You can never stop the touts ,its an ancient business and the music industry is utterly corrupt.
    Most promoters use ticket touting to increase their sales despite saying that they are against it .
    The links between the primary seller,the promoter and the secondary seller sites are very shady .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Sheog wrote: »
    While I do support the effort to put measures to stop touts in place, they really made a dogs dinner of it!

All they had to do was add one simple function on to the checkout page, to facilitate adding a name to tickets. A friend at work logged on to buy 1 ticket for her 18 year old son as he (shock horror!) does not have a credit card.
    She was aware of restrictions, but assumed she could put his name on the ticket.

She rang ticketsmaster customer service after she bought the ticket to inquire, and was treated with contempt and rudeness. She was told to take it up with MCD. I'm sure MCD will just fob her off back to ticketmaster!

Don't get me started on the SCANDAL that is the pricing of tickets and handling fees by Ticketmaster, and the whole Seatwave FIASCO!

In fairness, your last paragraph completely contradicts the first.

If anyone could just ring up and change the name on the booking, then anyone could just sell on their ticket at an inflated price. And that would defeat the whole purpose.

Your friend is at fault here, not Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

That concert was the first I ever went to. Wasn't OK Computer released the same day? Saw them in the big top in 2000 and the point in 2003. Is it possible they might announce more UK gigs I wonder or is it wishful thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

It was class, easily my favourite gig that they did and i've seen roughly 10 times over the last 20 odd years. Teenage Fanclub were fantastic as well, they had just released "Songs From Northern Britain", was a great day overall, despite the weather.

It was that gig that inspired Thom to pen the lyrics for "How To Disappear Completely"

What a gig.

OK Computer had only come out a few weeks previously so there was a real buzz around them.

Rained like bejaysus though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A nice to see a band taking action against touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

The sound was pretty horrendous that day, but a fantastic lineup alright

Has anyone who bought tickets in the pre-sale noticed the transaction has disappeared from their statement? I just checked my balance and the transaction is gone and the money is back in my account, but it was definitely taken on Tuesday and I have a receipt?? Just trying to figure out if it's on Sandbag 's end or my bank, I hope my bank didn't reverse the payment for some reason :/

Has anyone who bought tickets in the pre-sale noticed the transaction has disappeared from their statement? I just checked my balance and the transaction is gone and the money is back in my account, but it was definitely taken on Tuesday and I have a receipt?? Just trying to figure out if it's on Sandbag 's end or my bank, I hope my bank didn't reverse the payment for some reason :/

Could you ring your bank and find out if they know anything?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It hasn't shown up on my card yet, but the order shows as complete on the Sandbag site.

Advertisement