Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

Could you ring your bank and find out if they know anything?

Yeah that's my next step, have to check if I can call on the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Yeah that's my next step, have to check if I can call on the weekend!

Did you pay by Debit or Credit Card?

It's possible that your authorisation to take the money was displaying, which "falls off" the account after a couple of days, then the permanent transaction gets applied to the account. So you could now be in the window between the temporary transaction disappearing and the permanent one coming on.

I paid by Credit Card (BOI) and there is nothing for Sandbag on there at the moment

ahlookit wrote: »
    Did you pay by Debit or Credit Card?

It's possible that your authorisation to take the money was displaying, which "falls off" the account after a couple of days, then the permanent transaction gets applied to the account. So you could now be in the window between the temporary transaction disappearing and the permanent one coming on.

I paid by Credit Card (BOI) and there is nothing for Sandbag on there at the moment

I paid by debit card. Normally if the transaction is still pending it doesn't show the money as 'available' though, it's held until finalised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Has anyone who bought tickets in the pre-sale noticed the transaction has disappeared from their statement? I just checked my balance and the transaction is gone and the money is back in my account, but it was definitely taken on Tuesday and I have a receipt?? Just trying to figure out if it's on Sandbag 's end or my bank, I hope my bank didn't reverse the payment for some reason :/

It doesn't show on bank of ireland's mobile app but if I login to banking 365 on the web I can see it. You BOI by any chance? Same thing applies for my Electric Picnic installment so might be issues on their end.

frantic190 wrote: »
    It doesn't show on bank of ireland's mobile app but if I login to banking 365 on the web I can see it. You BOI by any chance? Same thing applies for my Electric Picnic installment so might be issues on their end.

No, Ulster Bank. In an online chat window with them now so hopefully they can tell me what's going on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

No, Ulster Bank. In an online chat window with them now so hopefully they can tell me what's going on!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Hopefully some Ulster Bank technical issues, and nothing to do with your purchase

ahlookit wrote: »
    Hopefully some Ulster Bank technical issues, and nothing to do with your purchase

Yep that's what it was, the transaction is still pending and the money hasn't been deducted yet but due to some technical glitch the balance is showing the money as 'available' when it shouldn't be. Phew!

Yep that's what it was, the transaction is still pending and the money hasn't been deducted yet but due to some technical glitch the balance is showing the money as 'available' when it shouldn't be. Phew!

What a relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

You'd be a wreck wouldn't you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Mongrel Cat

Hi folks.

I bought tickets with my Visa debit card in the presale on Sandbag on Wednesday morning but the transaction is not appearing on my bank statement. I went over to the bank (BOI) at lunchtime today to check and they told me there is no transaction pending for the date the tickets were bought on or the amount paid.

I did receive a confirmation email from Sandbag when I purchased the tickets showing the details of the transaction.

Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing but just wondering if anyone else has checked whether their transaction has gone through or not. Maybe they don't take the cash from your account until the tickets are posted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My transaction is still pending, funds pre-authorised

Hi folks.

I bought tickets with my Visa debit card in the presale on Sandbag on Wednesday morning but the transaction is not appearing on my bank statement. I went over to the bank (BOI) at lunchtime today to check and they told me there is no transaction pending for the date the tickets were bought on or the amount paid.

I did receive a confirmation email from Sandbag when I purchased the tickets showing the details of the transaction.

Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing but just wondering if anyone else has checked whether their transaction has gone through or not. Maybe they don't take the cash from your account until the tickets are posted out?
    I literally posted the same issue a few posts back :pac:

My bank said they have evidence of the transaction but Sandbag haven't taken the money yet, so it's on their end anyway. I've no idea when the money will be taken, might be an idea to contact them and see what the timeframe is. They said in the receipt the tickets will be posted around 2 weeks before the gig so that would be quite late for them to collect the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Hi folks.

have you not been reading this thread?!:o:o

maximoose wrote: »
    My transaction is still pending, funds pre-authorised

And has now cleared this morning, hurrah.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Last Week: People giving out about the price of tickets
    This Week: People extatic that (€400 in my case) loadsa money coming out of their account!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I bought tickets logged into my ticketmaster account with a friend's credit card. If I'm reading all of this correctly.. the tickets are useless without the card holder present at the queue?

I 100% support any tout efforts.. but I would have thought it would be easy to tie the tickets to the ticket master account as easily as to the credit card.

I phoned ticketmaster and no joy.

I know it's my own fault for not reading the T&C before purchasing..but this still is very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Looks like there's a couple of single tickets available on Sandbag for Block D & Block J

https://tickets.sandbagtickets.com/event/cha8823t/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

puzl wrote: »
    I bought tickets logged into my ticketmaster account with a friend's credit card. If I'm reading all of this correctly.. the tickets are useless without the card holder present at the queue?

I 100% support any tout efforts.. but I would have thought it would be easy to tie the tickets to the ticket master account as easily as to the credit card.

I phoned ticketmaster and no joy.

I know it's my own fault for not reading the T&C before purchasing..but this still is very disappointing.
    I don't think they will enforce this to be honest. Bring your friend's cc and ID on the night. Even if they do check, they won't be looking too hard at the photo ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

puzl wrote:

I wouldn't worry about this too much, a very large portion of the crowd will probably be in a similar situation on the night and they will more than likely leave most if not all in eventually. This is really just a deterrent at this stage in the game for touts, and hopefully it works. Very few if anybody reads the t & c's so I wouldn't worry about that either, arse covering exercise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

That's good to hear but tbh I'm still bricking it... we'll not only have to fork out for the tickets, but a hotel and also organise babysitters and all that hassle... I'd probably turn to crack if we ended up in Dublin on the night and were refused entry...

That's good to hear but tbh I'm still bricking it... we'll not only have to fork out for the tickets, but a hotel and also organise babysitters and all that hassle... I'd probably turn to crack if we ended up in Dublin on the night and were refused entry...

you wont be alone, and many will be in a similar if not exact same situation as you. do follow the advice of people here though and do whatever is required to better your chances of gaining entry. oh and enjoy the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not to try and be downer and cause anyone to worry, but why is everyone so sure they won't enforce the ID policy?

It was pretty clear in the Ts & Cs - I got a pop-up on my screen telling me that the tickets would be in the name of the person whose Credit Card paid - and the band have posted on social media several times insisting that it would be enforced at all of their standalone shows.

I've never been to a gig with a policy like this so I've no basis to go on, but everyone in here is dead certain that it won't be enforced - why?

I've never been to a gig with a policy like this so I've no basis to go on, but everyone in here is dead certain that it won't be enforced - why?

Friend in London went to 2 gigs at the Roundhouse theatre in May and said it was 100% enforced, I expect it will be

Not to try and be downer and cause anyone to worry, but why is everyone so sure they won't enforce the ID policy?

It was pretty clear in the Ts & Cs - I got a pop-up on my screen telling me that the tickets would be in the name of the person whose Credit Card paid - and the band have posted on social media several times insisting that it would be enforced at all of their standalone shows.

i suspect its gonna affect hundreds if not thousands, surely they cant really enforce it to the fullest, but maybe im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would be surprised if you were turned down if you had photos of your friends credit card and passport and maybe credit card statments & utility bills, or bring their actual credit card and passport. Thats the type of thing I would bring. I have had to bring photocopies of credit cards in the past to collect ones at the box office lost in the post.
    Friend in London went to 2 gigs at the Roundhouse theatre in May and said it was 100% enforced, I expect it will be
    How many did they see turned away? them simply checking is no sign of it being enforced. And did those turned away (if any) appear to have anything with them, like the stuff I described before, i.e. was there any sign that these people had tickets bought for them by parents, spouse etc and had some sort of proof and were still turned away.

Radiohead had similar restrictions in 2012 in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/sep/28/radiohead-fans-frustrated-ticketmaster-paperless
    However, since shelling out for tickets, many Radiohead fans have found they are unable to go because of unexpected work or other commitments, and are unable to sell the tickets back to Ticketmaster, or give them to friends or family members. Others have had tickets bought for them by well-meaning parents and are unable to collect them because they are not in their name.

Some people who bought several tickets say that because they now can't make it, their friends won't be able to go either, because they have to arrive at the venue with the card-holder.

Richa Manwani, a doctor, bought two tickets for the band's 8 October concert in London. "I have found out that I am on call that day and am unable to make the event," she said. "Only I can redeem the tickets on the night of the event with my credit card and photo ID. This means I have no way of selling them on for face value. Ticketmaster offers a no-refunds policy, which means I have lost my money."

She added: "I understand entirely the reason for offering paperless tickets to prevent touting and unreasonable inflation of ticket prices, but I think it is unfair and illogical to punish Radiohead fans and Ticketmaster customers who are unlucky enough not to be able to make the event."

Advertisement

Paul Chambers wrote to Guardian Money after spending £288 on four tickets for the band's Manchester show. "I can't go due to being away at work," he said. "The tickets are in my name and I can't pick them up. My wife isn't keen on going to the concert without me but couldn't anyway due to my name and bank card being on the bill. I would gladly sell the Radiohead tickets to fans for face value but I can't due to the restrictions."

Paul McCarren had tickets for the London show on 9 October, which were bought for him by his mother using her credit card. "According to Ticketmaster, she must now be present at the concert in order [for me] to use the tickets," he told us. "I live in Northern Ireland and would be flying over for the show; needless to say, she will not be coming over with me."
    That article was before the gig. People seemed to be giving up without even trying. I cannot find any links to people reporting they were refused entry even though they had reasonable backup info like I described. Maybe someone else can find examples though. I certainly would not be surprised if someone was refused who bought from an unknown tout and had absolutely no backup or excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Roundhouse is the only venue I have ever heard enforcing it.
    Any examples of 3Arena ever enforcing it, nope.

Roundhouse is the only venue I have ever heard enforcing it.
    Any examples of 3Arena ever enforcing it, nope.

It was enforced in Amsterdam also

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They'll probably enforce it early on then let people in when they realise the moaning is clogging up the line, or they'll pick people out at random for it and stick with it for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Roundhouse has a capacity of 1700 ,the 3arena 14500.
    Its easy to check ID for a small venue ,very difficult for a large venue ,especially on a week night.

I read that nobody was refused entry to Kate Bush's gis in the UK that had similar restrictions.
    Some people were hassled for ID but eventually they were left in .

I wonder if this ID thing is even legal ?

Advertisement