Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So does this mean if I get two tickets Friday, I can't sell them on if I can't end up going? If the gig was next month fair enough but a Tuesday in June next year?
    Obviously I'm not a tout but things can happen.... and on the other side of it does it also mean I can't buy two tickets on done deal or whatever coming up to the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Rfrip wrote:
    So does this mean if I get two tickets Friday, I can't sell them on if I can't end up going? If the gig was next month fair enough but a Tuesday in June next year? Obviously I'm not a tout but things can happen.... and on the other side of it does it also mean I can't buy two tickets on done deal or whatever coming up to the gig?

Yep, pretty much. I wonder will this turn some people off from getting tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

That would be a good system if the gig was on next week, committing 60 euro to a gig I may or may not to be able to go to in 8 months time is a bit ridiculous...

I know in the UK there is a ticket resale site called Twickets which often partners with bands to resell tickets with restrictions at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I can't buy two tickets on done deal

If I was buying tickets, that would be the last place I'd be going.
    I know in the UK there is a ticket resale site called Twickets which often partners with bands to resell tickets with restrictions at face value.

That doesn't mean that the person buying is (a) using them himself or (b) not selling them on at inflated prices.
    Only way of making sure if to get people to collect them at the gig only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Please visit this link for a full list of the dates and the ticket details. W.A.S.T.E. has a limited number of pre-sale tickets for selected shows, which will be available from HERE at 9:00am GMT on Wednesday 2nd November.

https://www.wasteheadquarters.com/redactedschedule/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

So how do you get those presale W.A.S.T.E. tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

So how do you get those presale W.A.S.T.E. tickets?

Go to the link above at 9am on Wednesday - there's no password or other details required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

okidoki987 wrote: »

Tickets are priced from €61.45 and there will be a ticket limit of maximum 4 per person/transaction when they go on sale.

The name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket and the name cannot be changed after the booking has been made. All guests in the booking must arrive at the concert at the same time and photo identification will be checked.
    Rubbish from Radiohead trying to restrict the market based on their moral principles. Pathetic. I was seriously considering buying two tickets for this gig and acting as a tout. Turned off now upon reading this. Obviously wouldn't go see them as they haven't made decent music since the start of the millennium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Go to the link above at 9am on Wednesday - there's no password or other details required.

You could've kept the presale for those us who've been on the mailing list for years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Rubbish from Radiohead trying to restrict the market based on their moral principles. Pathetic. I was seriously considering buying two tickets for this gig and acting as a tout. Turned off now upon reading this. Obviously wouldn't go see them as they haven't made decent music since the start of the millennium.

Well done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

That would be a good system if the gig was on next week, committing 60 euro to a gig I may or may not to be able to go to in 8 months time is a bit ridiculous...

But that's half the problem.

People buy tickets and say "sure if I can't go I'll just sell them on".

If you're that bothered about the gig, you have plenty of time to clear your schedule that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

okidoki987 wrote: »

Tickets are priced from €61.45 and there will be a ticket limit of maximum 4 per person/transaction when they go on sale.

The name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket and the name cannot be changed after the booking has been made. All guests in the booking must arrive at the concert at the same time and photo identification will be checked.

There was a big Hoo-ha about this for the U2 gigs last November too, but they didn't enforce it. Same venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

There was a big Hoo-ha about this for the U2 gigs last November too, but they didn't enforce it. Same venue.

Don't think they were strict with regards id but I'm almost certain I had to swipe my debit card on way in, could b wrong though

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Don't think they were strict with regards id but I'm almost certain I had to swipe my debit card on way in, could b wrong though

Yeah, U2 had "paperless tickets", you had to swipe your bank card going in.

Which is not quite the same as what Radiohead are doing, this will require staff at the Point to be checking tickets versus photo ID, making sure all people on the booking are coming in together etc etc. There's a fair chance they won't bother...

Which is not quite the same as what Radiohead are doing, this will require staff at the Point to be checking tickets versus photo ID, making sure all people on the booking are coming in together etc etc. There's a fair chance they won't bother...
    There might have been some paperless tickets, but they were mostly hard copy. And transferable, with no ID check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Any chance of Three doing their own pre-sale for this? They're constantly bombarding me with pre-sale offers for crap I have no interest in so would be nice for a change if it was someone decent - the last three pre-sale 'exclusives':

Billy Connolly
    Country 2 Country
    Nathan Carter

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

UsedToWait wrote: »
    You could've kept the presale for those us who've been on the mailing list for years :(

I've been on this list for ages (since buying special edition of In Rainbows) but did not get this email! What address was it sent from, would you mind telling me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

budgemook wrote: »
    I've been on this list for ages (since buying special edition of In Rainbows) but did not get this email! What address was it sent from, would you mind telling me?

W.A.S.T.E HQ
    info at waste headquarters.com

UsedToWait wrote: »
    W.A.S.T.E HQ
    info at waste headquarters.com

Thanks, not sure what is going on.

budgemook wrote: »
    Thanks, not sure what is going on.

Spam box, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Radiosonde wrote: »
    It's not always within a person's control, unfortunately. People can't clear illness or bereavement from their schedule.

Or some of us simply don't know if we'll be able to afford to go in 8 months time.. it's grand dishing out sixty euro for a ticket but if you're from outside Dublin it's not as simple as just wandering in on the luas..

Yes U2 had credit card entry for the standing area ,you had to swipe the card used to buy the tickets .
    ID was supposedly also required but not implemented.

Its a pretty good system but touts can get around this by buying tickets using prepaid credit cards or meeting the buyer on the night and swiping them in (alot of hassle).

Radiohead have used the lead name booker ID system in the UK for smaller venues and it has been implemented .
    I still dont see this working in a large venue ,others like Adele ,RHCP have used this system in the past and it hasnt actually been implemented .

I dont think the touts will take a chance with Radiohead though so that should help fans get tickets .

Do they really need to put these tickets on sale now though ,i.e 7 months in advance ,its a bit ridiculous .
    I like what Garth Brooks does in the US ,he announces and puts tickets onsale a few weeks in advance ,he also uses paperless ticketing.
    This is the best system in my opinion.

Radiosonde wrote: »
    It's not always within a person's control, unfortunately. People can't clear illness or bereavement from their schedule.

If I suffered a bereavement, the last thing I would give a sh*t about is my Radiohead ticket.

If people are worried about it, Ticketmaster provide Missed Event Insurance for precisely this sort of occurrence.
    <cue torrent of boards.ie outrage over the existence of this product>

But the point is - everyone knows about this up front.

If you don't think you can make it, don't buy a ticket. This happened with the U2 gigs, all these muppets ringing Joe Duffy complaining that, 'ah sure Joe it was only after I bought the tickets that I realised it's me niece's christening that day, and could I not sell the tickets on, sure what's the harm?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Zardoz wrote: »
    I like what Garth Brooks does in the US ,he announces and puts tickets onsale a few weeks in advance ,he also uses paperless ticketing.
    This is the best system in my opinion.

At least Radiohead are guaranteed to show up for the gig though :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

In my experience the main reason people end up not being able to go to concerts is because whoever they arranged to go with cancels and they don't want to go on their own.

pm1977x wrote: »
    Any chance of Three doing their own pre-sale for this? They're constantly bombarding me with pre-sale offers for crap I have no interest in so would be nice for a change if it was someone decent - the last three pre-sale 'exclusives':

Billy Connolly
    Country 2 Country
    Nathan Carter

:cool:
    No sign of it yet anyway:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/6byw2w?camefrom=CFC_IE_AFF_3ARENAPRESALE&brand=ie_3arenapresale

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

3 have it on their app at the minute. You can claim your code there. No other details as to when the presale is however

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

http://plus.three.ie/gig/details/519

Text says 9am Nov 4th, but that's general sale time

Ticketmaster don't even have a link up for Radiohead yet .
    Another thing why do those 3 presales have to be at 9am ,why cant they have them at a proper time .

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Ticketmaster don't even have a link up for Radiohead yet .
    Another thing why do those 3 presales have to be at 9am ,why cant they have them at a proper time .
    Any 3 presale will be at that link

Advertisement