Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Zardoz wrote: »
    The Roundhouse has a capacity of 1700 ,the 3arena 14500.
    Its easy to check ID for a small venue ,very difficult for a large venue ,especially on a week night.

I read that nobody was refused entry to Kate Bush's gis in the UK that had similar restrictions.
    Some people were hassled for ID but eventually they were left in .

I wonder if this ID thing is even legal ?

Why wouldn't it be? It's set out from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It was enforced in Amsterdam also

-again, did you hear of any one actually being refused who had reasonable proof that they knew the person who bought them?

Can't find anything online for that gig either, and it would make a really good sob story for the media if some young girl was refused entry even though she had her fathers credit card and photocopy of his passport with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Zardoz wrote: »
    The Roundhouse has a capacity of 1700 ,the 3arena 14500.
    Its easy to check ID for a small venue ,very difficult for a large venue ,especially on a week night.

I read that nobody was refused entry to Kate Bush's gis in the UK that had similar restrictions.
    Some people were hassled for ID but eventually they were left in .

I wonder if this ID thing is even legal ?

I was at Bush, no ID required. Same with Prince in the Roundhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I was at Bush, no ID required. Same with Prince in the Roundhouse.

So given that ticketholders to Prince weren't checked but ticketholders to Radiohead were checked, what's the conclusion from that?

The reality is that nobody can be sure what will happen on the night. All we know is that ID requirements for Radiohead gigs have been enforced on their last tour and there's nothing to say it won't be the same this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The ID thing is pretty pointless as it won't stop touts from selling the tickets on.

They should do the Glastonbury photo ID on your account before buying if they really want to stop it

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

It seems like we'll have a much better picture of what's going on at various gig venues around europe well in advance of the Dublin gig.

So no need to panic just yet. I'll be able to get photocopies of cards and passports etc, and possibly even an original photo id.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

RasTa wrote: »
    The ID thing is pretty pointless as it won't stop touts from selling the tickets on.

They should do the Glastonbury photo ID on your account before buying if they really want to stop it
    In fairness it has worked mostly, Seatwave have tickets at all for it, as opposed to 500+ it usually has for sold out gigs in the 3Arena. Viagogo only has a handful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

In fairness it has worked mostly, Seatwave don't have tickets at all for it, as opposed to 5000+ it usually has for sold out gigs in the 3Arena. Viagogo only has a handful

I don't think that's anything to do with the ID requirement though.

The Dublin gig isn't listed on Seatwave at all (poss at request of the band?), it has to be there as an option for you to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think that's anything to do with the ID requirement though.

The Dublin gig isn't listed on Seatwave at all (poss at request of the band?), it has to be there as an option for you to sell.
    It's the exact reason why it's not listed on seatwave. Same for Bon Iver gigs. Only viagogo have them but they say 'pick up on event day', so sellers must walk in with buyers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Frankly anyone who gets refused entry deserves it, it's not a sob story.

The terms have been made abundantly clear at every turn. If you're a fan of the band or live music, which I assume you are if you're buying tickets, you should commend the efforts to reduce touting.

Anyone who still insists on buying from a tout is a fool, and deserves zero sympathy if they get burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

MattD wrote: »

Yeah, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

MattD wrote: »

The terms have been made abundantly clear at every turn. If you're a fan of the band or live music, which I assume you are if you're buying tickets, you should commend the efforts to reduce touting.

Anyone who still insists on buying from a tout is a fool, and deserves zero sympathy if they get burned.

It sounds harsh but I agree. If the rules aren't enforced then touting will never change.

For the Irish gig, there will be hundreds of people turning up with tickets bought from someone else, they'll have photocopies of IDs, bank cards, letters from their ma, each one thinking "be grand, sure they'll never turn me away".

I hope they do, it benefits everyone in the long run. Joe Duffy will be over-run the day after but so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

By saying pointless do you honestly think there was absolutely no difference in how these tickets were bought on the day?

I have already heard of one person who would have bought more if it was not for this restriction. And heard of from others who thought of buying them but the gig was too far away for them to know what they would be doing on that date, the restriction made up their minds for them.

That story of the single guy being refused is interesting, but still just 1 report I have seen so far. He did seem to make an effort, in this tweet it says he got ID but then further tweets said he only presented a copy of the CC and the confirmation email. I wonder if someone had the actual CC and the persons passport or drivers licence would they get in, and this is feasible if someones parents bought them for them, or a close friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It will certainly deter them, and anyone buying tickets from touts deserve no sympathy either, in my view. More acts need to adopt this approach. It's the only way to get rid of scalpers in the long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I wonder what percentage of tickets for shows get bought by touts. I suspect it's a lot lower than is suspected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I wonder what percentage of tickets for shows get bought by touts. I suspect it's a lot lower than is suspected.

I would say very, very little.

But what you get a lot of is opportunistic people taking advantage of desperate people. They have been genuine in buying their 2 or 3 tickets, but when they can't go or decide to sell, instead of selling at face value, they look to make a quick buck and hike up the price.

That said, the real issue in the Irish ticket sales market is f*cking Seatwave and its insane processing fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

I know this gig is sold out but how can I get tickets for it at a later date? Will people who can't go return them to Ticketmaster and they'll be available for purchase then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ticketmaster generally don't do refunds. If they did there's the potential for folks to buy tickets to every gig then decide the day before that they're not going and leave ticketmaster with tickets that are difficult to sell.
    Folks generally sell them on or gift them to friends themselves. If you haven't tickets for this, you likely won't be getting them since the band have put restrictions on resale or gifting any unwanted tickets away.

Perhaps WASTE may have a returns policy. You could try there but I'd imagine there's a waiting list already (they did that for the olympia gigs all those years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

houseplant wrote: »
    I know this gig is sold out but how can I get tickets for it at a later date? Will people who can't go return them to Ticketmaster and they'll be available for purchase then?
    Seems to be a few tickets back up on Sandbag

https://tickets.sandbagtickets.com/event/A227to30/listing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Seems to be a few tickets back up on Sandbag

https://tickets.sandbagtickets.com/event/A227to30/listing

Can you purchase in Ireland using this site? It's not accepting any postcode I try. (bt11aa and any of the usuals don't seem to work).

beecee wrote: »
    Can you purchase in Ireland using this site? It's not accepting any postcode I try. (bt11aa and any of the usuals don't seem to work).
    I bought mine in the presale from there with no problems?

I bought mine in the presale from there with no problems?

Really? Irish visa card? I'm trying for a friend with every permutation I can think of for post code and none are working :(

"The following shipping fields are invalid: Postal Code"

It's the billing address, so parcel motel no good either. I would try with my own card, but the ticket needs to be in his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Really? Irish visa card? I'm trying for a friend with every permutation I can think of for post code and none are working :(

"The following shipping fields are invalid: Postal Code"

It's the billing address, so parcel motel no good either. I would try with my own card, but the ticket needs to be in his name.

Have you tried your Eircode?

I had completely forgotten they existed until a recent, similar case on another UK-based site. Eircode worked.

Either that or 0000 has always been successful for me.

Have you tried your Eircode?

I had completely forgotten they existed until a recent, similar case on another UK-based site. Eircode worked.

Either that or 0000 has always been successful for me.

Have tried both of them, with and without spaces. Bah!! :mad:

Have tried both of them, with and without spaces. Bah!! :mad:
    Just checked my receipt and all I put down was my Dublin 'DX' postcode.

Just checked my receipt and all I put down was my Dublin 'DX' postcode.

Thanks for checking! Maybe a site glitch or something... given that the tickets don't seem to be selling.

Thanks for checking! Maybe a site glitch or something... given that the tickets don't seem to be selling.
    Perhaps! Is there a contact address on the site so you can investigate?

Perhaps! Is there a contact address on the site so you can investigate?

Yep, I'm on it! :-)

• Advertisement

I give up... US credit card and parcel motel for UK delivery gave a different postcode error. Customer services are onto it. Hope it won't be too late by then.

Advertisement