Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Winterlong wrote: »
    I am still ripping that I did not get tickets to this.
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I love your username. What a song!

I was listening to Winterlong as I read these posts.......... weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Winterlong wrote: »
    I am still ripping that I did not get tickets to this.

Post on toutless and keep your eyes peeled right up until the gig, if you're really determined you should be able to get something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I thought Toutless had banned buying/selling for this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That would make sense given the tickets are not supposed to be transferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

My plan is to show up on the day of the concert and cry until someone lets me in.

• Advertisement

I won't even have to act.

Did anyone think about going to Milano to see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That would make sense given the tickets are not supposed to be transferable.
    But in some (probably most as I reckon most purchases were of 2 or more tickets) cases they are transferable to other people, the person who bought them is supposedly not able to transfer them but any other tickets they have are certainly transferable.
    T&C's The name of the lead attendee/purchaser will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made. If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away. The lead attendee/purchaser will be asked to present photo ID to gain entry into the venue.
    So if you bought 2-4 tickets and someone in your group pulls out you could sell them to someone on toutless (if it was permitted) and it would just mean you would have to go in with the person(s) you sold them to.

If you use toutless you will see it is very often the case that the seller is still going to the gig, a friend has pulled out, so they often arrange to meet someone before the gig to save wasted travelling time meeting up days before. So it is not that strange or awkward and idea.

I already posted
    rubadub wrote: »
    I see no reason for this outright ban.

there should be a warning about it, but people selling them would simply go in with the buyer. You would be warned not to hand over money till you get inside.

Also this is a post from just the other day, supposedly has the same rules, the head person is supposed to show ID but TM are saying by email it is not required
    Rod Munch wrote: »
    I bought a paperless ticket for Iron Maiden in May through TM.

Turns out I'm unlikely to be able to attend.

I mailed them this morning to ask about a cancellation and refund as I had obviously not received an actual ticket and they have informed me that I cannot cancel / get a refund.

They told me to give my credit card to someone that can attend instead of me. This is not practicable for me. I replied to them saying that the website states tickets are not transferrable and the purchaser has to bring some form of ID...
    Now you are not going to give a CC to some stranger. But if a group/family of 4 tickets and all pulled out they could give the CC to a friend they trust, and any leftovers could have been sold on toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

Just got 2 Standing on Ticketmaster ,Hard copy it seems.Can't believe been trying once a week got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Folks, some standing tickets available on ticketmaster, if you're quick!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gone - not to me unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Refreshed a million times but no luck this time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Keep checking back folks, thats what i did, more will be released over the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

When are we likely to get the tickets from WASTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

OhHiMark wrote: »
    When are we likely to get the tickets from WASTE?
    Tickets will be dispatched approximately TWO WEEKS prior to the show date

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Tickets will be dispatched approximately TWO WEEKS prior to the show date

THANK YOU! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

YOU'RE WELCOME
    I copy and pasted that reply from the original email I got from Waste

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

FYI !! 2 standing tickets on Ticketmaster site for sale right now:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Not any more. Wouldn't mind, but I did try about 10 times this morning, when I was getting nowhere with Kasabian tickets.

I didn't realise standing tickets in The point are €90+

Is this the norm these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

for most big acts, yes. prices up pretty much across the board.
    same across the water. just in the last week £95/€110 for Metallica in the O2 London, €60 for Weezer in Birmingham Academy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Sadly seems to be the case. Works out at over the 100 when taxes and charges are added on. Eddie Vedder tix were that ballpark, it'sseated, but you're paying that price to see literally one guy and a guitar / ukulele (and Glen Hansard if that's your bag). Couldn't justify the cost for that, as much as I love PJ

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Just managed to pick up two standing tickets for Radiohead on ticketmaster. Checked again just now and they are sold out again.

So as was noted in earlier posts, it's worth hammering the page a couple of times per day to see if they release more, can't believe my luck.

pair of tickets in Block E on Sandbag now:
    https://tickets.sandbagtickets.com/event/A227to90

pair of tickets in Block E on Sandbag now:
    https://tickets.sandbagtickets.com/event/A227to90
    Arrrgh, just had these in my basket all ready to check out at work and realized I left my Debit Card at home for the missus to lodge money for me, fuming.
    Did you just happen across these or is there something on Sandbag to sign up for alerts or anything like that. I think I'm just destined not to see Radiohead.

Tickets on sale on Ticketmaster now - Block A.

Tickets on sale on Ticketmaster now - Block A.
    Just checked there, not a bean.

skerry wrote: »
    Just checked there, not a bean.

I might regret this, but got as far as the checkout, but couldn't justify the €99 pricetag. Closed out of the site. I wish now that I hadn't checked in the first place.

skerry wrote: »
    Arrrgh, just had these in my basket all ready to check out at work and realized I left my Debit Card at home for the missus to lodge money for me, fuming.
    Did you just happen across these or is there something on Sandbag to sign up for alerts or anything like that. I think I'm just destined not to see Radiohead.
    I saw it posted elsewhere yesterday, but the tickets were gone when I checked. had the tab open so refreshed this morning and there were 2 tickets back onsale. I'd say it's worth refreshing intermittently over the next couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

I might regret this, but got as far as the checkout, but couldn't justify the €99 pricetag. Closed out of the site. I wish now that I hadn't checked in the first place.

Same. I've been checking ticketmaster every now and then but haven't pulled the trigger whenever the odd ticket comes up

Advertisement