Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have just got a ticket for the gig from ticket master! Randomly searched and a ticket came up. Am absolutely delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Loligator

Anyone know of any way to change the name on the ticket to sell it on, or get a refund? Was really looking forward to the gig but I can't go anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Loligator wrote: »
    Anyone know of any way to change the name on the ticket to sell it on, or get a refund? Was really looking forward to the gig but I can't go anymore!

I'm interested if this is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could sell it to someone who you would trust enough to give them your ID. Says it needs photo ID, but I would imagine if you had a few bits it would be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I posted the following couple of weeks back. Any ideas? Is this possible?

"I haven't gone back over the thread to see what the precise rules for tickets/entry are, but if they're like the Iron Maiden situation where you get in by swiping credit card of whoever bought them, the following is my experience:-

I did little sign that tickets wanted.
    Headed up to 3Arena for bout 8 bells.
    Sheepishly held up the sign.
    Not exaggerating, but I'd in about 20 seconds someone from the queue called me over, saying that he had extra "ticket", bought on his card. Friend of his couldn't go.
    I think I'll do the same for Radiohead. Easy for me. It's 15 minutes on a bike. Not as convenient for many people of course. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Fooster King

I have a seated ticket for Block N but can't go. You can have it for face value but you run the risk of not getting in if they look for ID to match the ticket. Seems ridiculous that people who paid legally for tickets cannot return/exchange them especially when there are genuine fans looking for them. It's bound to end to up with a reasonable (100+) amount of people who can't attend with even more who want to but can't get these wasted tickets. Appreciate what the band are trying to do but surely a better way would be to allow the tickets to be returned and resold through the legitimate and approved vendors? Still keeps the touts out (and the fans happy)

Appreciate what the band are trying to do but surely a better way would be to allow the tickets to be returned and resold through the legitimate and approved vendors? Still keeps the touts out (and the fans happy)
    there needs to be some sort of penalty, even if the charge goes to charity or something. Otherwise people would buy tickets who are only 10% sure of going, safe in the knowledge they can off load them again. It is similar to plane tickets which people are used to, though you may be able to transfer its usually a high cost.

If they had this option at slane, (which did not actually sell out), loads would have pulled out last minute due to the rain or other commitments (loads could not sell them at even under half price).

There could be time limits on returning them.

If I had tickets I would be looking for someone I know, or a friend of a friend or work colleague that I would trust with my ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I posted the following couple of weeks back. Any ideas? Is this possible?

"I haven't gone back over the thread to see what the precise rules for tickets/entry are, but if they're like the Iron Maiden situation where you get in by swiping credit card of whoever bought them, the following is my experience:-

I did little sign that tickets wanted.
    Headed up to 3Arena for bout 8 bells.
    Sheepishly held up the sign.
    Not exaggerating, but I'd in about 20 seconds someone from the queue called me over, saying that he had extra "ticket", bought on his card. Friend of his couldn't go.
    I think I'll do the same for Radiohead. Easy for me. It's 15 minutes on a bike. Not as convenient for many people of course. "

It's possible but I wouldn't hand over any cash until you are actually inside.

The US gig I went to was credit card entry, I went in with the guy who had the ticket and gave him the cash once I passed through the turnstile. He was sound about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just got to Radiohead in Stockholm.

Didn't have to show ID

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Fooster King

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just got to Radiohead in Stockholm.

Didn't have to show ID

Great - good to know. Will try to offload it to someone at below cost who is willing to take a chance they won't be asked for ID

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So close now, excited!! Any ideas about the start time? Damn midweek gig, be cutting it tight! How long do they normally play for?

Recent set lists seem massively variable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They usually play for just over 2 hours including encores. Setlists are very variable alright. I heard Ed say in a recent interview that they have about 60 - 70 songs that are performance ready and could be played on any given night. Here's a full gig from April if you haven't seen it.

Imo the opening duo of Daydreaming > Desert Island Disk is a bit dull but id say that's what you'll get as it's what they've done at all their standalone gigs recently. I'm hoping they ditch that for Glastonbury and open with Airbag or something! Also they played I Promise in Oslo a few days ago which was cool so you might get that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Just wondering if you got any answer to this from ticketmaster. I've 2 seated tickets and can't go now as I've been in hospital and not well so trip to Dublin is off the cards.

Tried ringing ticketmaster to see if even they could post out hardcopy tickets but can't even get through to an operator there.

Had tickets to Edddie Vedder in Cork last night that I had to try get rid of last minute too.

Ridiculous that genuine fans who would love to see the show and can't go for genuine reasons are left out of pocket. That's €400 on tickets wasted now, what a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

crikey-i'm going, but by a weird set of work and holiday coincidences, I'm now going with 4 spare standing tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

roll wrote: »
    crikey-i'm going, but by a weird set of work and holiday coincidences, I'm now going with 4 spare standing tickets!

You're about to get a whole lot more popular :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Has anyone actually managed to get through to the Ticketmaster helpline. Must have tried 10 times today and each time it says all operators are busy you will now be disconnected, they don't even put you in a queue. Can't think of a more detestable company when it comes to customer service, I'm wondering if the number just goes to a phone in a cave somewhere and if they actually have a customer service department at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

will prob find homes for the tickets but i may have some on the night if anyone here has not been so lucky and are willing to enter at the same time as me (assuming security is as they say). only want the tickets go to die hard fans obviously (and ideally those regulars who regularly entertain me on the EP page!) will update as the week goes-last thing i want is tickets going begging next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

skerry wrote: »
    Has anyone actually managed to get through to the Ticketmaster helpline. Must have tried 10 times today and each time it says all operators are busy you will now be disconnected, they don't even put you in a queue. Can't think of a more detestable company when it comes to customer service, I'm wondering if the number just goes to a phone in a cave somewhere and if they actually have a customer service department at all.

Try emailing them via the customer care option on the tm website

I've gone through the set lists of their past 10 or so gigs and compiled a playlist if anyone is interested: https://open.spotify.com/user/1155729472/playlist/5LX7GQakN98Mf9eI2kVPO9

I tend to listen to a band more coming up to a gig because I get irked when I don't know a song. Going through the set lists seems like cheating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I've gone through the set lists of their past 10 or so gigs and compiled a playlist if anyone is interested: https://open.spotify.com/user/1155729472/playlist/5LX7GQakN98Mf9eI2kVPO9

I tend to listen to a band more coming up to a gig because I get irked when I don't know a song. Going through the set lists seems like cheating though.

a great site for that is https://setify.co/
    it makes an average setlist from the most recent gigs (using setlist.fm), and if you can save it into Spotify as a playlist then.

• Advertisement

a great site for that is https://setify.co/
    it makes an average setlist from the most recent gigs (using setlist.fm), and if you can save it into Spotify as a playlist then.

Well that was 30 minutes wasted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

roll wrote: »
    will prob find homes for the tickets but i may have some on the night if anyone here has not been so lucky and are willing to enter at the same time as me (assuming security is as they say). only want the tickets go to die hard fans obviously (and ideally those regulars who regularly entertain me on the EP page!) will update as the week goes-last thing i want is tickets going begging next week!

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭emmettu2

I'm in the same situation - have 1 ticket but can't travel now (from Cork). I'd be happy to sell it to someone from cost price but it sounds like that's not possible with the card scanning thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

emmettu2 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation - have 1 ticket but can't travel now (from Cork). I'd be happy to sell it to someone from cost price but it sounds like that's not possible with the card scanning thing.

Will you post the credit card used for the tickets to me and I'll promptly return it after the gig ? :):):)

Has anybody contacted TM to try and get a refund, they might well do it. I seem to remember someone getting a refund and it costing €6 to do it. This was a thread a few months back -maybe in consumer issues. The more recent thing was in the Eddie Veder thread people saw better tickets on sale and rang ticketmaster and asked if they could change, again there was a €6 fee.

I spotted good tickets for sale for kraftwerk too, on the day of the gig which was supposed to be sold out. So perhaps people who are stuck are selling them back to TM, pay the €6 fee, and they put them back on sale again.

Worth a try, they will be sure to sell them again easily so would jump at the chance of another ?6. People in this thread have been checking over and over and new tickets did crop up now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

I'm one of these have more tickets than I need people. Are we allowed talk about that here or should I go to donedeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

budgemook wrote: »
    I'm one of these have more tickets than I need people. Are we allowed talk about that here or should I go to donedeal?

Let's talk, why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Well it looks like I'll be trying to offload a couple of them at cost price, which was 100 bloody euros mind you, between now and next week. A friend from abroad was coming but isn't now. They are seated tickets, can't remember which section but a central one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Anywhere doing an after show party?

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »

the rules state this
    Ticket advertising...
    Ticket advertising on Gigs/Events is not permitted -- unless tickets/passes are being given away for free. Users who post a ticket advertisement, whether it be for selling, swapping or requesting tickets, will be banned for 2-4 weeks.

If you have tickets that you would like to sell or swap, or are looking for tickets for a specific event, please use www.adverts.ie or www.toutless.com.

so nothing to stop the discussion of how to get rid of tickets. Real shame toutless do not allow it. People are now going to resort to seatwave, so both seller and buyer lose out.

I have said before the toutless rules do not make sense to me, you only have to look on toutless threads to see that loads of people meet up at the actual gigs. The original buyer IS attending in many cases, as seen here, if that is what you want then say so, make the rule that only people going can sell tickets. There are going to be a lot of needlessly empty seats which is a real pity, genuine fans cannot make it, genuine fans cannot take their place, I doubt this is what radiohead had in mind. Not sure if toutless are trying save face by not backtracking on the seemingly impulsive rule they might now realise is quite obviously preventing legit fans, both buyers and sellers, sorting each other out.
    Due to restrictions requiring the original buyer to attend the event we will not be allowing buying/sellling/swapping of tickets for the following events:
    Radiohead in the 3Arena
    The National | 17 & 18 September 2017 | Vicar St.
    The National | 16th Sept 2017 | Cork Opera House
    George Ezra in the Olympia
    George Ezra in Derry

Posts will be removed about these events.

We strongly recommend you do not buy tickets unless you can be sure of attending. We would also strongly recommend not obtaining tickets from other sources as they will not be valid without the original buyer and their ID.

We try and keep on top of which events have these sort of restrictions but as they become more common the effort promoters are making to make these restrictions clear appear to become less. If you are aware of any we haven't mentioned please let us know.

Advertisement