Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

rubadub wrote: »
    the rules state this

so nothing to stop the discussion of how to get rid of tickets. Real shame toutless do not allow it. People are now going to resort to seatwave, so both seller and buyer lose out.

I have said before the toutless rules do not make sense to me, you only have to look on toutless threads to see that loads of people meet up at the actual gigs. The original buyer IS attending in many cases, as seen here, if that is what you want then say so, make the rule that only people going can sell tickets. There are going to be a lot of needlessly empty seats which is a real pity. Not sure if they are trying save face by not backtracking on the seemingly impulsive rule they might now realise is quite obviously preventing legit fans, both buyers and sellers, sorting each other out.

I was on adverts earlier and didn't see any Radiohead tickets going, do they have a resale ban on too?

TBH I'm all for the rules. People are click happy with tickets because of touting and wanting to get them before they are gone, happy in the knowledge that they can offload them if needs be - I'm no different myself. It will take time for peoples habits to change, people won't buy tickets until they are sure they're going but touts won't either because they won't be able to move them on. There'll always be an adjustment period where a few lads like myself lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

Has anybody else got physical tickets for this, I got 2 standing tickets for this from Ticketmaster about a month ago and they posted out two physical tickets .I'm a bit confused as everybody seems to be talking paperless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

budgemook wrote: »
    I was on adverts earlier and didin't see any Radiohead tickets going, do they have a resale ban on too?
    weird, I see that too, and many on donedeal over face. I do not see an explicit ban on adverts.
    TBH I'm all for the rules. People are click happy with tickets because of touting and wanting to get them before they are gone, happy in the knowledge that they can offload them if needs be - I'm no different myself.
    I thought toutless.com was about stopping ticket touts, not selling at face. It is unfortunate that some will snap them up without being sure if they can go, and it is good that it make people think twice, but still stupid to leave empty seats, and people on both sides missing out who could have very legit and unforeseen reasons why they cannot go -I expect those who did buy these radiohead tickets were fully aware of the restrictions and do not have blase excuses why they cannot go "oh weather doesn't look great" etc.

I say again in case people missed it, sorry for the "shouting" but it might help!

HAS ANYBODY TRIED FOR REFUND FROM TICKETMASTER! it may only cost 6euro and people can still go

If they offered refunds on all tickets it would encourage touting, as people would snap them all up safe in the knowledge they can offload them. If there is a penalty like 6euro they could arrange it. You could get people putting definite money down in advance saying they will buy a ticket, so if then someone wants a ticket refunded then TM are 100% certain the ticket is sold AND get the extra 6 euro. e.g. slane was said to be "sold out", while it was certainly not, tickets could be bought right up to the end, so in that case they might have lost out if offering refunds for just 6euro, but if they only sold on the basis a buyer was there, they would be fine, the potential last minute buyer would not have the option to get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

marcmc77 wrote: »
    Has anybody else got physical tickets for this, I got 2 standing tickets for this from Ticketmaster about a month ago and they posted out two physical tickets .I'm a bit confused as everybody seems to be talking paperless.

We have hard copy tickets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Well it looks like I'll be trying to offload a couple of them at cost price, which was 100 bloody euros mind you, between now and next week. A friend from abroad was coming but isn't now. They are seated tickets, can't remember which section but a central one.

I think in this instance, because of who it is and the fact that people won't be able to sell them on further, that you should be allowed organise something on this thread. I'll take one off you. Only if you are going though, eliminating the risk of not getting in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 sam_boooko

I agree, I've been a radiohead fan since the big day out in Galway, I would be willing to meet up with someone outside if they have a standing ticket or 2 going, obviously I would need to enter with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

sam_boooko wrote: »
    I agree, I've been a radiohead fan since the big day out in Galway

Ah what a day that was!!!

What year was that do you recall?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It was 1996, on the occasion of my 20th Birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sam_boooko

adrian522 wrote: »
    It was 1996, on the occasion of my 20th Birthday!

Yeah 96, it amazing, coincidentally it was the day I vowed I would definitely go to college in GalwayðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭aidz

How much were face value tickets for this?
    Going to go on the day and try get them. Just want to know FV prices for seated and standing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

97 for standing inclusive of booking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭emmettu2

I've tried contacting TicketMaster but it's impossible to speak to a human being - it always says that all agents are busy and to call back another time. There is an option for refund / exchange, but then it says they don't allow any refunds / exchanges of tickets. So it seems unlikely.

It's a pity because i'm sure it would make someone's day to get a ticket and it will just go to waste now.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Collins are running a bus from Monaghan going through Castleblaney, Carrickmacross and Ardee if anyone needs it.

http://bookings.collinscoaches.ie/tourmanager/tourview/index/view/tourid/171

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

weird, I see that too, and many on donedeal over face. I do not see an explicit ban on adverts.

Confirmed that Adverts do not allow Radiohead tickets to be sold on there.

Hi, I'm afraid we had to remove your ad for the Radiohead tickets. We can't allow them as the card used to purchase them must be presented at the entrance along with the ID of the original buyer Eddie

I stated in the ad that I would meet at the venue and go in with them but there you go. Done Deal seems to be the place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I have said before the toutless rules do not make sense to me, you only have to look on toutless threads to see that loads of people meet up at the actual gigs. The original buyer IS attending in many cases, as seen here, if that is what you want then say so, make the rule that only people going can sell tickets. .... Not sure if toutless are trying save face by not backtracking on the seemingly impulsive rule they might now realise is quite obviously preventing legit fans, both buyers and sellers, sorting each other out.

Regards your claim the decisions we've made on Toutless are impulsive I can only tell you the rule was in place on the site long before this sort of lark became commonplace. We originally put it in place for Glastonbury tickets and soon after it was used for the Tom Waits gig in the Phoenix Park. That's a good 9 years ago. We often revisit it and the problems in allowing it always remain.

Doing so puts us at risk of having people thinking they are getting in but not, it puts us at risk of attracting the ire of the bands/promoters/main ticket sellers and it puts us encouraging people to workaround an anti-touting system.

Personally I think the way this has been implemented by TM / Radiohead without a refund system is a farce. Doing this should be a consumers rights issue IMHO. I'd help if I thought we could do it properly but each "meet me at the gig" style deal is a potential mess waiting to fall apart and given the other concerns it isn't something I can risk the site on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Who is the supporting act or is there one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Some Indian instrumental crowd Johnny Greenwood worked with, Junun. At least I won't be sad to miss them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Some Indian instrumental crowd Johnny Greenwood worked with, Junun. At least I won't be sad to miss them!

I was just there thinking god I'd love a bit of Indian instrumental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Saw about ten minutes of Junun (without Jonny) at Primavera. It sure was... Something...

Gutted, though, because) some of the other gigs have James Blake in support. Would've liked that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Saw about ten minutes of Junun (without Jonny) at Primavera. It sure was... Something...

Gutted, though, because) some of the other gigs have James Blake in support. Would've liked that!!

I lasted about 2 minutes watching them on YouTube. Something.... is the best way to describe it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

emmettu2 wrote: »
    I've tried contacting TicketMaster but it's impossible to speak to a human being - it always says that all agents are busy and to call back another time. There is an option for refund / exchange, but then it says they don't allow any refunds / exchanges of tickets. So it seems unlikely.

It's a pity because i'm sure it would make someone's day to get a ticket and it will just go to waste now.

Had this issue the other day. You have to go to their FAQs, search for a word/phrase in the box on that page and then on the right hand tab you'll see a 'contact us' button appear. This allows you to email them with your query and they got back to me within an hour.

Absolutely ridiculous system but hopefully this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Is it ok computer to ask a fellow boardsie if they have a ticket spare? I'm going so could meet ya there so no trouble getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

What time are Radiohead expected on at?
    I won't get there until 8. guessing that they won't be on until 8:30 or after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Toast wrote: »
    Regards your claim the decisions we've made on Toutless are impulsive I can only tell you the rule was in place on the site long before this sort of lark became commonplace. We originally put it in place for Glastonbury tickets and soon after it was used for the Tom Waits gig in the Phoenix Park. That's a good 9 years ago. We often revisit it and the problems in allowing it always remain.

Doing so puts us at risk of having people thinking they are getting in but not, it puts us at risk of attracting the ire of the bands/promoters/main ticket sellers and it puts us encouraging people to workaround an anti-touting system.

Personally I think the way this has been implemented by TM / Radiohead without a refund system is a farce. Doing this should be a consumers rights issue IMHO. I'd help if I thought we could do it properly but each "meet me at the gig" style deal is a potential mess waiting to fall apart and given the other concerns it isn't something I can risk the site on.

I absolutely agree with Toutless' position on this. It's a potential nightmare and you're better off staying out of it.

However, what Radiohead and Ticketmaster have done has also been 100% correct. If we are to have any hope of getting to a point where people only buy the exact number of tickets they need, then things like this have to happen. If you can later weasel out of it and get a refund, it negates the whole thing.

The T&C were very clear from day one. If people have an issue now, then that's their tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What could they do to you if you allowed it ? Not having a pop, your site is great and I have used it loads of times, just a genuine query

threein99 wrote: »
    What could they do to you if you allowed it ? Not having a pop, your site is great and I have used it loads of times, just a genuine query

I've an image of Thom Yorke asked his opinion on some site called Toutless breaking his resale rules and what he thinks about it and he basically says "those guys are a bunch of losers". I don't think I could deal with it...

Seriously though as we've seen with boards and MCD in the past just because laws aren't broken doesn't stop someone causing a small site years of legal pain and our resources are miniscule compared to boards. It is a bear I'd rather not poke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I've an image of Thom Yorke asked his opinion on some site called Toutless breaking his resale rules and what he thinks about it and he basically says "those guys are a bunch of losers". I don't think I could deal with it...

Seriously though as we've seen with boards and MCD in the past just because laws aren't broken doesn't stop someone causing a small site years of legal pain and our resources are miniscule compared to boards. It is a bear I'd rather not poke.

Hopefully someday they will implement a proper re-sale\refund facility but I won't hold my breath.

However, what Radiohead and Ticketmaster have done has also been 100% correct. If we are to have any hope of getting to a point where people only buy the exact number of tickets they need, then things like this have to happen. If you can later weasel out of it and get a refund, it negates the whole thing.

The T&C were very clear from day one. If people have an issue now, then that's their tough.

I think if the tickets are put on sale months in advance a refund date maybe a month ahead is fair with an announced resale soon after. It is how Glastonbury does It. I think what your proposing is only fair if the tickets are sold much closer to the gig.

Ultimately it is a flawed solution. Id like to see tickets being treated like a credit on a leap card. A Gig card with photo id on it that the tickets are associated with. You can then transfer this only by a system that also manages payment and limits it to face value only. I proposed such a system as a solution in the recent consultation on ticket resale thing. It really only works if the government mandates such a system be put in place as a condition of continuing to sell tickets in the country. I suppose bigger bands could also band together and demand it from TM but I somehow doubt that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I think if the tickets are put on sale months in advance a refund date maybe a month ahead is fair with an announced resale soon after. It is how Glastonbury does It. I think what your proposing is only fair if the tickets are sold much closer to the gig.

Ultimately it is a flawed solution. Id like to see tickets being treated like a credit on a leap card. A Gig card with photo id on it that the tickets are associated with. You can then transfer this only by a system that also manages payment and limits it to face value only. I proposed such a system as a solution in the recent consultation on ticket resale thing. It really only works if the government mandates such a system be put in place as a condition of continuing to sell tickets in the country. I suppose bigger bands could also band together and demand it from TM but I somehow doubt that.

But you get into economies of scale with that system. 150,000 people at Glastonbury @ €270 per head vs. 10,000 at Radiohead @ €95 per head makes the Glasto system far more viable.

Again, it's unfortunate that genuine people will get stung for reasons outside their control but if we're serious about driving down touting (and by touting, I mean "normal" people buying four tickets and selling two), then this is a necessary evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Advertisement