Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

everlast75 wrote: »
    Is it ok computer to ask a fellow boardsie if they have a ticket spare? I'm going so could meet ya there so no trouble getting in

I have a colleague who is desperately looking for one too. There'll be a band of people looking for people who have friends who can't go.

Genuine fans will help out other genuine fans you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Question - did Radiohead say that they have this rule for the whole tour, or is it an Irish thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

budgemook wrote: »
    Question - did Radiohead say that they have this rule for the whole tour, or is it an Irish thing?

The UK ,Ireland and a few on the mainland European gigs I think .

In reality nobody will be turned away next week,the ID thing wont be enforced.

They where only doing 2 other non festival dates and they had to be cancelled. They are not doing 1 50,000 capacity show in the Old Traffic Cricket Ground in July 4. Tickets on sale on Friday, but ticketholder for the Manchester gigs can change them I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I bought on WASTE presale so have hard copy tix - I'll hardly still need the card I used to pay for the tickets with me as well as ID? The card is expired now and I can't remember where I left it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If they had the same anti touting measures in place but instead of selling tickets so early they sold them max 2 months in advance that would make it a bit more workable for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Weepsie wrote: »
    They where only doing 2 other non festival dates and they had to be cancelled. They are not doing 1 50,000 capacity show in the Old Traffic Cricket Ground in July 4. Tickets on sale on Friday, but ticketholder for the Manchester gigs can change them I think.

I just saw them in Stockholm and it wasn't at a festival.

No ID's checked when I walked in. There was no queue or anything either.

Apologies so. Perhaps it's the UK & Ireland were touting is a more serious problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

anyone want to join me going to Radiohead on the 20th just let me know.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I bought on WASTE presale so have hard copy tix - I'll hardly still need the card I used to pay for the tickets with me as well as ID? The card is expired now and I can't remember where I left it.

I'm only bringing id with my hard copy ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I've a spare standing ticket, friend can't make it over from Germany. Any genuine ticketless fan wants to meet and come in with us let me know. FV too obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

All you need is your ticket and ID to match the name on the ticket. It doesn't mention anything about having the payment card with you in the terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

just now on TM, single seated available, tried for 2 and offered none. Block L is dead centre but upper area, I did not buy this so get it while you can

These tickets are held for: 02:44

Sec BLOCKL
    Row 38, Seats 141
    ?92.50 ea
    Buy
    U16S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED, BY A PARENT / ...
    Full Price Ticket
    TICKET PRICE ?92.50 x 1
    SERVICE CHARGE ?6.85 x 1
    SUBTOTAL (Full Price Ticket) ?99.35
    Prices are in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

I've a spare standing ticket, friend can't make it over from Germany. Any genuine ticketless fan wants to meet and come in with us let me know. FV too obviously

I would be interested if you're offer is still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I would love to take this off you if it's still available!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

I've read through the last few pages but I haven't seen an answer to my situation. I bought 2 tickets using the fathers credit card obviously not knowing i wouldnt have the option to input my own name on the tickets, it used the name on the card. Will i be ok with my ID, his ID and purchasing card? A friend is in the exact same position with 4 tickets but her married name is obviously different than her dads.
    I have 1 spare ticket btw but i don't wanna arrange meeting someone here and crushing their dreams when neither of us get in! Do i have to bring my 62 year old da to radiohead?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

rubadub wrote: »
    just now on TM, single seated available, tried for 2 and offered none. Block L is dead centre but upper area, I did not buy this so get it while you can

These tickets are held for: 02:44

Sec BLOCKL
    Row 38, Seats 141
    ?92.50 ea
    Buy
    U16S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED, BY A PARENT / ...
    Full Price Ticket
    TICKET PRICE ?92.50 x 1
    SERVICE CHARGE ?6.85 x 1
    SUBTOTAL (Full Price Ticket) ?99.35
    Prices are in ?

Joe.ie spotted that too.
    https://www.joe.ie/music/hurry-tickets-next-weeks-radiohead-gig-dublin-back-general-sale-591891

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

thc4me wrote: »
    I've read through the last few pages but I haven't seen an answer to my situation. I bought 2 tickets using the fathers credit card obviously not knowing i wouldnt have the option to input my own name on the tickets, it used the name on the card. Will i be ok with my ID, his ID and purchasing card? A friend is in the exact same position with 4 tickets but her married name is obviously different than her dads.
    I have 1 spare ticket btw but i don't wanna arrange meeting someone here and crushing their dreams when neither of us get in! Do i have to bring my 62 year old da to radiohead?!

You'll definitely get in if you have both his ID and purchasing card. I would be utterly shocked if enforcement is as strict as they're making it out to be. It's a tout deterrent mainly, and at that stage the job will be done.

If you're selling the ticket I'll happily buy it off you btw

I would be utterly shocked if enforcement is as strict as they're making it out to be.
    +1, I was saying this early on in the thread, and asking if anybody read of someone refused. I could only find one story online and he did not have ID like that. I would be bringing my fathers CC, passport or drivers licence if he bought them.

rubadub wrote: »
    That story of the single guy being refused is interesting, but still just 1 report I have seen so far. He did seem to make an effort, in this tweet it says he got ID but then further tweets said he only presented a copy of the CC and the confirmation email. I wonder if someone had the actual CC and the persons passport or drivers licence would they get in, and this is feasible if someones parents bought them for them, or a close friend.

Winterlong wrote: »
    I never checked for standing at the time, so best available might have been showing seats. Wonder if he saw my post here. This again also makes me wonder if they are refunding people. I don't think anyone has definitely confirmed that they got through to ticketmaster and were refused. Its easy money for them as they charge ?6, so certainly worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Someone in work told me that tickets were available from ticketmasfer so I checked at ~5pm and managed to get one in Block L!

• Advertisement

I just saw them in Stockholm and it wasn't at a festival.

No ID's checked when I walked in. There was no queue or anything either.
    Apologies so. Perhaps it's the UK & Ireland were touting is a more serious problem.

The Stockholm gig had the ID restrictions on the tickets ,it was clearly stated when booking just like Dublin.

There wont be any ID checks next week in Dublin,as I have already said it is simply not feasible at such a large venue,especially on a weekday.
    The fact that tickets are pdf tickets is also a joke ,a simple pdf editor can change the name in seconds .
    People shouldn't be worried about giving their tickets to other people ,and Radiohead shouldn't be putting people under duress at this stage when they have no intention of checking for ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

Zardoz wrote: »
    The Stockholm gig had the ID restrictions on the tickets ,it was clearly stated when booking just like Dublin.

There wont be any ID checks next week in Dublin,as I have already said it is simply not feasible at such a large venue,especially on a weekday.

Not quite sure why people are thinking this, to get into Iron Maiden last month you had to swipe the card used to buy the tickets on the way in which would take longer than glancing at an ID. Obviously you may be right but it isn't impossible that they may stick to what the plan has been since day 1.

busterp wrote: »
    Not quite sure why people are thinking this, to get into Iron Maiden last month you had to swipe the card used to buy the tickets on the way in which would take longer than glancing at an ID. Obviously you may be right but it isn't impossible that they may stick to what the plan has been since day 1.
    I wonder if they were checking at Iron Maiden gigs in other countries.

Due to the manchester attacks venues are feeling obliged to have security theatre crap in place. They might be delaying entry enough just patting people down, and measuring handbags so they might not have time for additional ID checks. But impossible to know as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

True, regarding the Maiden gig, the queues were absolutely scaldy so no matter what I'd recommend getting there as early as you can

busterp wrote: »

The Iron Maiden gig was credit card entry only,that's a completely different scenario.
    Swiping a credit card only takes seconds ,the same time as scanning a ticket.
    Looking at ID takes alot longer .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

This is out very early
    MCD at 3Arena.

Radiohead On Stage times:
    18:30 DOORS
    19:20-20:00 JUNUN Onstage (40)
    20:30-23:00 RADIOHEAD Onstage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Do they usually play for 2.5hrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Usually just over 2 hours, around 23 - 25 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conorf597

Could I bunk in with either of yous that still has a spare ticket on the go? Will pay that full face value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Conorf597 wrote:
    Could I bunk in with either of yous that still has a spare ticket on the go? Will pay that full face value!

I have 1 spare pre sale ticket going

Advertisement