Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Any 3 presale will be at that link

Yes I know but Ticketmaster have no Radiohead general sale page yet .
    They are probably making up the prices as we speak,the joys of them having a monopoly .

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

How to get Presale Tickets

1. Click the “Text Me Code” button
    2. We’ll send you your unique code by text
    3. When the presale begins, return to the artist page and click “Purchase tickets now”
    4. Use your unique code to book your tickets
    This suggests that the presale is on the radiohead site...this was the same as the iron maiden, but that was on the ticketmaster site.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

In my experience the main reason people end up not being able to go to concerts is because whoever they arranged to go with cancels and they don't want to go on their own.

I have been to loads of concerts on me own...If someone says they will come along with me*, that's fine, if they change their minds/plans that's also fine.

*get your own ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Go to the link above at 9am on Wednesday - there's no password or other details required.

The W.A.S.T.E site no longer has the Dublin pre-sale listed, it was there this morning but it's gone now. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

kierank01 wrote: »
    How to get Presale Tickets

1. Click the “Text Me Code” button
    2. We’ll send you your unique code by text
    3. When the presale begins, return to the artist page and click “Purchase tickets now”
    4. Use your unique code to book your tickets
    This suggests that the presale is on the radiohead site...this was the same as the iron maiden, but that was on the ticketmaster site.
    Your code for Radiohead is <snip>. Still want tickets? Make sure you go to 3 Presale at 9am on Nov 4th. Terms at three.ie/plus Opt out reply NOMUSIC
    So I guess it's one of:
    - There is no presale for 3 customers
    - There is a separate bucket of tickets for 3 customers but they are on sale at the same time
    - There is some typo in the quote above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

pm1977x wrote: »
    The W.A.S.T.E site no longer has the Dublin pre-sale listed, it was there this morning but it's gone now. :eek:

Gone for all venues I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

All still listed there for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

maximoose wrote: »
    All still listed there for me?

Try leaving the page and going back. Still showed for me until I did that. Must have been cached somewhere.

Still going to check tomorrow morning though!

Are these all going to be sold through Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I cleared my cache and went back in, can still see 2nd Nov listed!

Will give it a look tomorrow anyway and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

This is probably a silly question, are pre sale tickets a lot more expensive?

• Advertisement

This is probably a silly question, are pre sale tickets a lot more expensive?

Nope, same price.

budgemook wrote: »
    So I guess it's one of:
    - There is no presale for 3 customers
    - There is a separate bucket of tickets for 3 customers but they are on sale at the same time
    - There is some typo in the quote above

- There is a 3 non-pre pre-sale. :mad:
    - No idea, but I used a 3 code for some other gig that was preselling at the same time as general sale and got a ticket = 100% success rate :pac:
    - Don't think it's a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

If I suffered a bereavement, the last thing I would give a sh*t about is my Radiohead ticket.

If people are worried about it, Ticketmaster provide Missed Event Insurance for precisely this sort of occurrence.
    <cue torrent of boards.ie outrage over the existence of this product>

But the point is - everyone knows about this up front.

If you don't think you can make it, don't buy a ticket. This happened with the U2 gigs, all these muppets ringing Joe Duffy complaining that, 'ah sure Joe it was only after I bought the tickets that I realised it's me niece's christening that day, and could I not sell the tickets on, sure what's the harm?'

Do you live within a radius of 15 miles of the concert venue, where your main expense is transport to and from the gig. Maximum €50. Now compare that to somebody who to pay out for accommodation, travel expenses and food expenses. There are several reasons which would prevent somebody from, say Cork from going to the concert even though it was planned. Depending on your interests, you may or may not understand the context of those reasons, but they happen e.g.

Work being an obvious one. Can’t get time off work.
    Sickness – either themselves, or kids etc.
    Death of a family member, or close relative
    That particular week chosen by friends for holidays
    I think the leaving cert is on around that time. I could be wrong, but I don’t think the exam timetable would be available yet.
    GAA – Important championship match on the weekend after the gig. Crucial Tuesday night training beforehand. Couple of places up for grabs. If not there, definitely won’t make the team, and possible forfeiting any chance of making the team any time soon because of “lack of dedication to the cause”. I know most people here would pick the GAA over the gig.

You say if you don’t think you can make it, don’t buy a ticket. How does someone know 8 months in advance if any of the above issues will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Scalping is such a scourge in this country that I'd gladly give a blood sample to assign the ticket to me and me alone.

The credit card entry method would be a good idea, and somehow block those temporary cards people can set up.

In that case, if you couldn't make it, you could at least give/sell the entry to someone you trust. Scalping would still be outdone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

You say if you don’t think you can make it, don’t buy a ticket. How does someone know 8 months in advance if any of the above issues will happen.

If you think (for any reason) that you might not be able to attend and you might not be able to take the financial consequences of missing it, then don't buy a ticket. Pretty simple. It is just a gig afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Try leaving the page and going back. Still showed for me until I did that. Must have been cached somewhere.

Still going to check tomorrow morning though!

Are these all going to be sold through Ticketmaster?

In the past, waste have handled payment and distribution of tickets (though usually they are just Ticketmaster-printed tickets).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Buy your ticket and then if you can't go just find spam everyone on facebook with the exact same name as you. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

If you think (for any reason) that you might not be able to attend and you might not be able to take the financial consequences of missing it, then don't buy a ticket. Pretty simple. It is just a gig afterall.
    If it's "just a gig afterall" then why are you and so many others against ticket prices reaching market equilibrium?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Can't believe people are actually complaining about measures being put in place to stop touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

If it's "just a gig afterall" then why are you and so many others against ticket prices reaching market equilibrium?

:rolleyes: Put down the LC Economics book. There's no free market in ticket sales.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Can't believe people are actually complaining about measures being put in place to stop touting.

Yep.

It's what, three weeks since the Coldplay/Seatwave fiasco? People have short memories.

Yep.

It's what, three weeks since the Coldplay/Seatwave fiasco? People have short memories.

The Seatwave thing is mostly speculative touting though.
    If you look at the listing most of the tickets are vague listings .

You list tickets you dont have now at a huge price ,then you sell them ,but you don't have to actually fulfill the order until close to the gig ,maybe even the week of the gig.
    So you can buy tickets closer to the gig if/when they become available inevitably at a lower price and then send these to the buyer.
    If you cant fulfill the order though you could be liable for big fees .

Most of the tickets listed on those sites are speculative tickets ,its a bit like stock trading options.

Whats just as bad as these tout sites is the silly ticket limits of 6 and 8 tickets and people buying the maximum irrespective of whether they need them or not.

Exactly. I took a look on seatwave for Coldplay and tickets a few weeks back were going for upwards of 400 quid...so if this puts the scumbag touts off then great.

Radiosonde wrote: »
    For me at least, it's the long leadtime combined with the ID restrictions. When I started going to gigs, tickets for this sort of event were put on sale a few weeks beforehand. Now that has been pushed out to more than half a year beforehand. What does it accomplish?

I'll be delighted if touts are frozen out of this one, but selling strictly non-transferable tickets this far ahead increases the risk of tickets going to waste (excuse the pun).

Presumably the long lead time establishes how well the concert sells and allows addition of a second date if the demand is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

People buy non transferable tickets to Glastonbury a year in advance. I see the argument here as just nit picking.

They need eight months to establish that Radiohead will sellout a night in the 02?

We all know the tickets will be gone by 09:05 Friday. Wouldn't be surprised if they announce and sell tickets for a second night as soon as the first one sells out.

Just speculating. Can't think of many other reasons why tickets go on sale so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

7 pages of shite. Remarkable knicker-twisting going on here.

Just speculating. Can't think of many other reasons why tickets go on sale so early.

Well the historical reason was so that the money could be lodged in a bank garnering interest for 8 months .
    Interest rates are almost zero now though so I'm not sure why they still do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

They're stupid measures. Instead of punishing fans who may not have got a ticket originally with having to face tout prices, they are punishing fans who do get original tickets early for entirely unforeseeable life events that may occur such as illness, work etc. Make no mistake, fans will still lose. It will just make some feel better that the "evil" ticket touts don't make something out of it.
    :rolleyes: Put down the LC Economics book. There's no free market in ticket sales.
    Yes there is. Radiohead have just tried to restrict it in a really silly way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

For me at least, it's the long leadtime combined with the ID restrictions. When I started going to gigs, tickets for this sort of event were put on sale a few weeks beforehand. Now that has been pushed out to more than half a year beforehand. What does it accomplish?

Cash flow.

The concert promoter has to book the venue and book the act a long time in advance They have to arrange security and other sundry costs. That's a lot of upfront costs.

A larger promoter like MCD could have lots of these in the works at any one time.

If the tickets only went on sale a few weeks in advance, they'd have to be paying their suppliers with no cash coming in. Why would any business voluntarily do that?

Advertisement