Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

No problem getting in. No id checks, that was on the liffey gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,724 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

In the green room bar, pint and food. Burn the witch over the PA. fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

No ID being checked. Hundreds of people walking straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

I have 3 spare standing. On my way to the gig now, going in soon message me if anyone wants to buy them or walk in with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Zero ID checks for standing entrance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

NO ID check.

Jaysus Junun are painful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Prob too late to be getting on to this now, but are there any tickets for sale up there now. I'm bout 15 mins cycle from the arena and was thinking of heading up there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Prob too late to be getting on to this now, but are there any tickets for sale up there now. I'm bout 15 mins cycle from the arena and was thinking of heading up there now.

There's the usual crew selling tickets outside. Not checking for ID. All you have to lose is a 30 minute cycle. Go for it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Paleblood wrote: »
    There's the usual crew selling tickets outside. Not checking for ID. All you have to lose is a 30 minute cycle. Go for it mate.

Get a dirt cheap ticket, tell them that you're taking a big risk on them asking for ID, let us know how much ya pay, i'd say around 30quid at the very most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,724 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Straight in - no id

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What Everlast said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

scudzilla wrote: »
    Get a dirt cheap ticket, tell them that you're taking a big risk on them asking for ID, let us know how much ya pay, i'd say around 30quid at the very most

Ya. 30 quid. Easy bargaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Amazing...sound and visuals were top notch. Thom sounded like an angel. They finished with 'How to disappear completely' and the Liffey reference got a huge cheer... that made me happy 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Loved it! Ok the King of Limbs stuff sparked a surge to the toilets, though Lotus Flower is a personal favourite of mine. They sounded pitch perfect, lighting was great too but the lasting impression of this gig is a gifted set of musicians really on point with what they are doing. How to Disappear Completely is my favourite song of theirs, that they played, and ended, on it was special.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Liked it, no doubting how good they are, not my favourite Radiohead gig but still good as ever.

I'd have swapped out a few songs, or even changed the order a bit.

Played for over 2 hours too which was good.

It was so humid, I'd have actually preferred it outside for once

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Absolutely fantastic! Great crowd, deadly atmosphere and the lads were unreal.

Loved it! Ok the King of Limbs stuff sparked a surge to the toilets, though Lotus Flower is a personal favourite of mine. They sounded pitch perfect, lighting was great too but the lasting impression of this gig is a gifted set of musicians really on point with what they are doing. How to Disappear Completely is my favourite song of theirs, that they played, and ended, on it was special.

They also played my favourite 'Let Down' and it was special....the tracks from In Rainbows and King of Limbs didn't work as well....but minor quibbles...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

In O'Reillys here now just supping my pint after a great gig,first half hour I thought Thom and the boys were holding back,I was thinking they had Glastonbury in their thoughts ,but after the short interval,they just let rip,great to hear "Fake Plastic Trees", real hair standing up on the back of the neck moment hearing that song,lots of songs from various albums performed ,you could really see Thom was buzzing off the crowd which was fantastic,2+2=5 was my fave from tonight,great gig !!

They also played my favourite 'Let Down' and it was special....the tracks from In Rainbows and King of Limbs didn't work as well....but minor quibbles...

I thought the In Rainbows tracks were great! The KOL stuff was the weakest but I've probably listened to that album the least anyway.

Finally got to see them for the first time and they didn't disappoint, it was amazing experiencing all my favourite songs in a new way! Hope they don't leave it as long next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thought the set list was pretty great. Some absolute goon behind me would not stop talking about how excited she was for Phil Collins all the way through How To Disappear Completely which almost ruined it.

You And Who's Army followed by Let Down was the highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Haha true, but if the songs resonate with you then forget everybody else. I seemed to be the only person belting out Lotus Flower in my section, couldn't care less, I enjoyed it!

Grayditch wrote: »
    Thought the set list was pretty great. Some absolute goon behind me would not stop talking about how excited she was for Phil Collins all the way through How To Disappear Completely which almost ruined it.

You And Who's Army followed by Let Down was the highlight for me.

Phil Collins!! Ffs - and to think some Radiohead fan missed out on a ticket....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

First time to see them, loved it. Let Down was spine tinglingly good and How To Disappear Completely was the perfect ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Great to hear "My Iron Lung" played as well managed to get that and "Let Down" on the phone,Happy days!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Setlist.

That looks a stellar collection of songs alright. Plenty there that I didn't hear them play on Sunday at BKS Festival. 'Separator' is one of my favourite Radiohead songs so to hear it played live was cool. Also, thought the 'In Rainbows' songs were top notch when I saw them. 'Reckoner'? Amazing song live.

First time seeing them, massively impressed! What a band, one of the current and all time greats.

Thought the crowd were pretty fvcking terrible to be honest. Who pays €100 to stand down the back drinking overpriced watered down beer for the whole gig talking at the top of their voice? Going by tonight, an awful lot of people.

Don't like the 3arena.

Fantastic band though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 4Leinster

Great gig but set list was a little disappointing omitting reckoner, weird fishes, there there, dark decks among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Crowd were fantastic imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Phil Collins!! Ffs - and to think some Radiohead fan missed out on a ticket....

Exactly what I thought. She had no interest in the gig and yapped through most of it. Kept asking her mates why they weren't playing Creep.

Anyway. Airbag was class too. I actually really enjoyed Lotus Flower.

Advertisement