Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I enjoyed it but then again I do like some Indian music. However, I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't. Anyone that's not into that kind of stuff would probably have found it boring.

saffron22 wrote: »

Not entirely surprised by that comment. Half the people I told I was going to Radiohead said they would have to be paid to go see such a moany depressing band. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

saffron22 wrote: »

That dude sounds like a grumpy old fart who whinges about any music more modern than Cliff Richards

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

Suas11 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but then again I do like some Indian music. However, I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't. Anyone that's not into that kind of stuff would probably have found it boring.
    I thought they were good. Most of the people around me were quietly groovin' during their set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

a decidedly meh gig for me i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

a decidedly meh gig for me i'm afraid.

What was the issue?

I enjoyed it immensely, and have had songs and lines ('I'm not here'), playing on a loop in my head since..

The setlist wasn't my ideal, but what can you expect from a band with such a catalogue.

My only grumble would be that the Tuesday evening crowd around us wouldn't stay standing for long, so we were up and down like the proverbial..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

As much as I loved it, the sound wasn't great. Thom's chatter was completely inaudible. A couple of the songs sounded a right mess. That was from either side of the sound desk standing.

Very good gig all in all but wouldn't even make my top 10.

As much as I loved it, the sound wasn't great. Thom's chatter was completely inaudible. A couple of the songs sounded a right mess. That was from either side of the sound desk standing.

Very good gig all in all but wouldn't even make my top 10.

I wasn't far from the sound desk and I could hear everything perfectly fine. Sound quality-wise I think it's actually one of the best gigs I've been to.

You could hear what he said to the crowd? Cos I couldn't make out a single word!! But by and large it was decent. I just really dislike the 3Arena.

• Advertisement

You could hear what he said to the crowd? Cos I couldn't make out a single word!! But by and large it was decent. I just really dislike the 3Arena.

Yeah I couldn't here a word of what Thom was saying in between songs but could hear the songs themselves fine

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭strawdog

UsedToWait wrote: »
    What was the issue?

I enjoyed it immensely, and have had songs and lines ('I'm not here'), playing on a loop in my head since..

The setlist wasn't my ideal, but what can you expect from a band with such a catalogue.

My only grumble would be that the Tuesday evening crowd around us wouldn't stay standing for long, so we were up and down like the proverbial..

'They never learn, they neeeeveeer learn' has been the broken record line playing in my head!

Also the other one i keep (and just now ) spontaneously singing out as i walk along is "you and your cronies"

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

A lot of it was random rambling before saying "Please, talk amongst yourselves, because that's what im doing."

A lot of it was random rambling before saying "Please, talk amongst yourselves, because that's what im doing."

Yeah in fairness Thom is fond of a mumble, but even when he was actually addressing the crowd it was very hard to make out. Some of the lower songs, especially at the start, very unclear.

Yeah, I could hear what he was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Dylar wrote: »
    The guy behind me 'predicting' what song was going to be next for the whole gig got on my nerves though. "A piano, All I Need is next", "An acoustic guitar, it's Karma Police, it's Karma Police, not wait, it's No Surprises", "HTDC, Oh I've never heard this live, this is amazing ...." (well then shut the f**k up or none of us will get to hear it).

This reminds me of Marlay Park in 2006. I had to endure the guy directly in front of me making guitar-imitating noises loudly with his mouth for every single song. I was in the thick of it so couldn't move away from him either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Brilliant gig last night, what a week of radiohead... I don't think I've listened to anything else since Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Murrisk wrote: »
    This reminds me of Marlay Park in 2006. I had to endure the guy directly in front of me making guitar-imitating noises loudly with his mouth for every single song. I was in the thick of it so couldn't move away from him either. :(

That sounds like a nightmare. I can imagine the start of Paranoid Android now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Murrisk wrote: »

Some lad did that beside me on Tuesday too. Absolute bellend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Some lad did that beside me on Tuesday too. Absolute bellend.

Soooo annoying. I'd like to hear the actual guitar-playing not some poor imitation.

It was quite amazing and hilarious when most of the crowd "sang along" with the guitar solo in Paranoid Android though!! For the whole gig....that might get annoying alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What was the ID policy on the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I think they checked early on, but I arrived at about 7pm and passed in no problem. Still had the passport just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MadYaker wrote: »
    What was the ID policy on the door?

Wasn't strict at all, we were all asked if we had ID but not asked to show it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Myself and 3 others all had tickets who were under the name of another lad who couldn't make it in the end. When asked for ID at around 7.15 we all just said that he was inside and we were waved on through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

We were in early and id checking was strict.
    Clearly, as crowds built, this was abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I was checked at Entrance 3 at 7:45.

Maybe I just look dodgy.

As for the gig itself, I thought it was fantastic. The level of musicianship is painfully high.

They didn't play a couple of my favourites, i.e Lucky, Street Spirit, but who cares?! They've some catalogue of songs to fall back on and you're only setting yourself up for a fall if you think they'll "definitely" play a song.

Advertisement