Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What's your suggestion for stopping touting so?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

mosstin wrote: »
    7 pages of shite. Remarkable knicker-twisting going on here.
    Yep. These measures are in place for the greater good and generally work out fine for the majority. It'd be unwise to tear that down based on speculative personal disaster.

So sorry if you get the mumps that day and can't go to mope about the abundance of post Kid A material. C'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Surely the obvious reason for selling in advance is the promoters / band get the money 8 months before having to do the job..

i d love it if work would pay me 8 months in advance. But unfortunately i m not thom yorke.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

As a radiohead fan i m worried based on some of the posts we are all going to have life changing things happen to us in the run up to the concert that means we cant attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's simple logistics arranging it so far ahead, they have a big screen set up (probably 3 trucks worth), and then have to lug it to Glastonbury the same week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

mosstin wrote: »
    7 pages of shite. Remarkable knicker-twisting going on here.

Welcome to Boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Birneybau wrote: »
    People buy non transferable tickets to Glastonbury a year in advance. I see the argument here as just nit picking.

U can actually give up your ticket and only get stung for the admin fee, you have until April to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Birneybau wrote: »
    It's simple logistics arranging it so far ahead, they have a big screen set up (probably 3 trucks worth), and then have to lug it to Glastonbury the same week.

Glasto provide screens so it'd just be the bands personal gear but I'd say there's a fair amount of that based on the array of instruments they use during a gig. I was going to try get a ticket for this but then I realised I'll already have left for Glastonbury. I'd say there's a good chance they'll add another night on Wednesday when this sells out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If it's "just a gig afterall" then why are you and so many others against ticket prices reaching market equilibrium?

I never said any such thing.

In any case, the market is not perfect so I doubt any kind of equilibrium could be reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Anyone know if they will be doing all their hits or just the most recent album?

I'm going to try for tickets Friday but I'm not holding out much hope given it's a small venue. Still smarting from Coldplay debacle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

unichick wrote: »

I'm going to try for tickets Friday but I'm not holding out much hope given it's a small venue. Still smarting from Coldplay debacle.

This year's setlists have been heavy on the new album but still a good variety of older songs. There doesn't seem to be any pattern though so it's hard to say which ones they will/won't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they've done about 6-7 new songs out of about 22 songs at most gigs, plenty of hits in the setlists (Creep, Karma Police, Paranoid Android, stuff from The Bends and OK Computer...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Saw them at Primavera, greatest hits set pretty much with a good few 'Moon Shaped Pool' tracks. Even played 'Creep'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Re the W.A.S.T.E presale - I just signed up to the mailing list today, was a code/info on the presale sent out to mailing list members yesterday? I'm guessing I can hardly expect to be able try for presale tickets without a code or something.

It'd be so handy if I could try for tickets tomorrow. I've a family wedding on Friday so I'll be in the hairdressers at 9am which will make trying to get tickets a bit awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

They're stupid measures. Instead of punishing fans who may not have got a ticket originally with having to face tout prices, they are punishing fans who do get original tickets early for entirely unforeseeable life events that may occur such as illness, work etc. Make no mistake, fans will still lose. It will just make some feel better that the "evil" ticket touts don't make something out of it.

Yes there is. Radiohead have just tried to restrict it in a really silly way.

Touting is not "the free market". It's exploiting a scarcity in an already artificially restricted market (which is the exact opposite of free market economics). There's no benefit to anybody but the tout as the fans pay more and the band doesn't see that money. Even the promoters lose out (hence the reason they've started buying up touting websites). When Ticketmaster open up their market come back to me.

Re the W.A.S.T.E presale - I just signed up to the mailing list today, was a code/info on the presale sent out to mailing list members yesterday? I'm guessing I can hardly expect to be able try for presale tickets without a code or something.

It'd be so handy if I could try for tickets tomorrow. I've a family wedding on Friday so I'll be in the hairdressers at 9am which will make trying to get tickets a bit awkward!

It doesn't look like the presales are happening now.

My mistake, see below.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

It doesn't look like the presales are happening now.
    Where did you here this?

ongarite wrote: »
    Where did you here this?

They're not listed on the WASTE website and not on Ticketmaster.

I'm still waiting around until after 9 in case though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

I'm in a Virtual Q for the tickets now

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

For a brief moment about 20 mins ago, it said Tickets go on sale on 2 Nov right under where it says for the 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 molotov10_0

Signed up to W.A.S.T.E. but didn't receive a pre sale code. Any doing the rounds? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

They're not listed on the WASTE website and not on Ticketmaster.

I'm still waiting around until after 9 in case though :D

Yeah it is - if you click on the link in the email that was sent. In a virtual queue now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got two tickets in the WASTE sale.

€205 including postage, but **** it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'm in a virtual queue on Waste...........exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

In the WASTE "Virtual Queue" for pre-sale tickets... how's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just got 4 seating tickets, block C. Nice one.

Bloody 400 euro though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

has anyone progressed from said queue?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

In the queue. They are charging 27 booking charge. F*ck that, that is scandalous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

13.85 Serivce fee + 10.50 delivery. More of a shafting than ticketmaster.

Advertisement