Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead, 3Arena, 20th June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Got 2 seated, as there were no standing available.
    Happy with the price of the actual tickets. The additional 27+10 is a joke though.
    Having said that, I won't be complaining this time Friday, safe in the knowledge i've already bagged my tickets!

Thanks to the poster for putting up the link to the sale. I wasn't aware of any presale and was waiting until Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That stung a little - €210 for two standing tickets.

Can anyone help me out with my rent this month? Thom? Anyone?!

Joking, of course, but can't help but smart a little from those prices. I paid it, and I won't complain about it again afterwards because I've been waiting a long time for this, but that is bloody expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Should rename that site SeatWaste :pac:

In fairness, I'd rather be scalped by the band than by Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

I could not take the stress of Ticketmaster Friday so it's worth it to me. If they are doing Glastonbury surely they will play all their hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Got two seating and although I took a double take at the charges I reckon it was worth the peace of mind before the madness on Friday morning.

Big kudos to the OP who posted the WASTE link

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Absolute rip off!!

Anyone know what the story with three is? R they doing a pre sale ?

No 3 presale, but they have their own allocation of tickets on Friday. You'll need to do the usual texting to get your code - I'm not on 3 so I dunno how it works - and whether it means you are more or less likely going through that method when everyone else is going through the general sale, I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I JUST GOT 2 STANDING TICKETS.

I won't be eating for the next few weeks clearly.

No 3 presale, but they have their own allocation of tickets on Friday. You'll need to do the usual texting to get your code - I'm not on 3 so I dunno how it works - and whether it means you are more or less likely going through that method when everyone else is going through the general sale, I don't know.
    I asked my brother who is on 3 and he gave me a code but sounded like you also had to be logged in on the 3 website or something to be able to buy them? Sounded like too much hassle to muck around with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Kudos to those who posted the W.A.S.T.E link - 2 tickets just bought and peace of mind I'll be seeing them next year *tips hat

I asked my brother who is on 3 and he gave me a code but sounded like you also had to be logged in on the 3 website or something to be able to buy them? Sounded like too much hassle to muck around with!

I've only ever used a 3 presale once and it was buggy as hell, but that was years ago.

Friends of mine used it for Iron Maiden recently and said it wasn't any use either, that they had better luck in the general portal sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

Just got through to buy two standing tickets but couldn't bring myself to spend 200 euro on two standing tickets. Gonna take my chances on Friday! For those who get through the online queue it appears the option to select a standing ticket is now gone so all the allocated tickets on their site for that section might have been sold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm not entirely convinced standing will be any cheaper on Friday.

Has that all important "from €61.45" on Ticketmaster

I've only ever used a 3 presale once and it was buggy as hell, but that was years ago.

Friends of mine used it for Iron Maiden recently and said it wasn't any use either, that they had better luck in the general portal sale.
    Back when it was the O2 I used to use it a lot because you just texted for a code and went through the TM site the day before, so you could try your chances before GA. That said my mother frequently would end up buying better tickets in the general sale, so it was only really any use for standing concerts or ones that have a lot of demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Again, thanks to the poster who gave the all important link.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

Was €10 short on my card. Might as well go jump off a window now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

maximoose wrote: »

They will be ~90 euro on Friday Id guess, 83.50 + 6.85 .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it won't be €14 service fee per ticket and €10 postage.

assuming there's the Ticketfast option and standard 6.50 service fee, that's already €18 per ticket saved by buying from big evil Ticketmaster....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Zardoz wrote: »
    They will be ~90 euro on Friday Id guess, 83.50 + 6.85 .

I'd be happy enough with that. Worth the extra 20 quid for the peace of mind of having them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Just got through to buy two standing tickets but couldn't bring myself to spend 200 euro on two standing tickets. Gonna take my chances on Friday! For those who get through the online queue it appears the option to select a standing ticket is now gone so all the allocated tickets on their site for that section might have been sold now.
    for Coldplay , the price of a standing ticket was over 100 Euro, before booking fees. We are now in a new reality when it comes to concerts, and the "true fans" have to have a standing ticket and are prepared to pay for the privilege

Previously, the concerts were a promotional tool for expensive CDs but now they are a money generator in themselves to make up for the lack of money to be made from music sales. Sad, but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I'd be happy enough with that. Worth the extra 20 quid for the peace of mind of having them now.

Definitely as Ticketmaster Friday General sales are a complete farce.
    It will be a lottery Friday unless a second gig is added .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

for Coldplay , the price of a standing ticket was over 100 Euro, before booking fees. We are now in a new reality when it comes to concerts, and the "true fans" have to have a standing ticket and are prepared to pay for the privilege

Previously, the concerts were a promotional tool for expensive CDs but now they are a money generator in themselves to make up for the lack of money to be made from music sales. Sad, but true.

Radiohead, Coldplay - lack of money? Does not compute.

Tbh I prefer to spend money on concerts than 20 quid a pop for a CD like the old days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Bands have never made much money from CD sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,724 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mosstin wrote: »
    Radiohead, Coldplay - lack of money? Does not compute.

not ok computer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

assuming there's the Ticketfast option and standard 6.50 service fee, that's already €18 per ticket saved by buying from big evil Ticketmaster....

I'd be surprised if Ticketfast is an option given the anti-touting measures.

Service fees today are a joke yeah. I almost don't mind paying about a tenner extra though just to not have to look at bloody storefront, street signs and bodies of water captchas on ticketmaster :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

it won't be €14 service fee per ticket and €10 postage.

And it's not €10 postage per ticket, i got 4 and postage was €10.50

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'd be surprised if Ticketfast is an option given the anti-touting measures.

Service fees today are a joke yeah. I almost don't mind paying about a tenner extra though just to not have to look at bloody storefront, street signs and bodies of water captchas on ticketmaster :pac:

Speaking of anti touting measures ,just had a quick look there and Viagogo the rogues are selling tickets for Dublin .
    They must obviously believe the ID thing wont be enforced .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Went to both nights at the olympia in 2003 and the 1996 gig there for less than the price of one standing ticket in the 3arena. Thanks but no thanks radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bonidel

Was in the queue for 20 minutes right through to entering the credit card details when I got the "Bad Gateway" error after clicking buy, No idea how p***ed off I was.

But I had a second browser windows and suddenly I was back in the race, and managed to get two tickets (okay, lets not go there with the price). But even after paying €209 for two tickets I still felt much better that when I was looking at that "Bad GateWay" error.

Kudos to both OPs who mentioned the pre-sale and who posted the links\info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Radiohead have always been shrewd with their money:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/apr/29/radiohead-corporate-structure-firms

Advertisement