Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queries re insurance cover and car change

Options
  • 31-10-2016 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey,
         I have a third party insurance cover with liberty for just over a month. I am looking at changing my car, from a Honda Civic 2007 1.8l FK2 to a 2012 bmw 320D F30. Would that be possible or do I need to cancel my current policy and get a new quote.

Also, although my insurance cert states, if I have an EU license I can drive another car. I was in the UK a few days ago and I was adviced that that was not possible. I believed the policy covers me in the Ireland and the UK. The reason I am trying to clarify it is because I am thinking of buying the car from the UK and importing it.

And I understand I can drive another car that I dont own in the Republic? I might need it just in case I buy one here and need to drive it home.

I will appreciate your help. i have pm'ed my details to Sean.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭kayser

Hi again. Thanks for a detailed and helpful pm, Sean. I have a few more queries if you dont mind answering,

If I buy the car from the UK, would it be possible to transfer the policy to the new car the day that I buy it so I can drive it to Ireland the same day?

Will you insure the car with the uk plates for a specific period?

Is it not possible to get a quote before committing to buy the vehicle?

Thanks for answering these.

Regards.

Advertisement