If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg E6 55 OLED 4k

Options
  • 31-10-2016 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just checking on price if this delivered to Dublin. Also noticed that in the UK sky q is included for 12 months with it? Does that work in South of Ireland and what if you already have sky q.. Is a credit applied to your account?
    If I'm a buyer it be closer to Xmas...
    Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks,
    Just checking on price if this delivered to Dublin. Also noticed that in the UK sky q is included for 12 months with it? Does that work in South of Ireland and what if you already have sky q.. Is a credit applied to your account?
    If I'm a buyer it be closer to Xmas...
    Thanks,
    Mick
    Hi Micks_address.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the Sky Q prom is UK based only and not available in the South of Ireland.

Currently the 55E6 is coming in at £2999.00 or 3199.99 euro
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202069-oled55e6v.aspx

Paying in Euro on this product make it cheaper :)

this also includes our VIP 6 year guarantee.

We do also offer our price beat on like for like deals:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Micks_address.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the Sky Q prom is UK based only and not available in the South of Ireland.

Thanks Kenny,
    I'll be a buyer but it be December I'd say at this stage. Is it possible to place a deposit to hold stock?
    Thanks
    Mick

Hi Micks_address.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks Kenny,
    I'll be a buyer but it be December I'd say at this stage. Is it possible to place a deposit to hold stock?
    Thanks
    Mick
    Hi Mick.

I can't really hold a product for months unfortunately. We are only allowed a reasonable period of time (1 or 2 weeks max) to keep products held as stock turns over so quickly.

We can however take a deposit and get the order up on our system. I would then keep an eye on stock and closer to the time or if it got short get one held at our main warehouse. 

The OLED's are by far the best TV I've seen in many many many years and the best when it comes to 4K in my opinion.

Hi Mick.

I can't really hold a product for months unfortunately. We are only allowed a reasonable period of time (1 or 2 weeks max) to keep products held as stock turns over so quickly.

We can however take a deposit and get the order up on our system. I would then keep an eye on stock and closer to the time or if it got short get one held at our main warehouse. 

The OLED's are by far the best TV I've seen in many many many years and the best when it comes to 4K in my opinion.
    Thanks,
    I'll probably be best wait till early December and then place the order. I'll put a deposit and pay balance circa 18th December.. Just need to ensure Xmas delivery :)
    Thanks,
    Mick

Hi Mick.

Thanks,
    I'll probably be best wait till early December and then place the order. I'll put a deposit and pay balance circa 18th December.. Just need to ensure Xmas delivery :)
    Thanks,
    Mick
    No problem at all Mick.

In the mean time I'll keep my eye on stock and let you know if there is going to be any issues.

• Advertisement

No problem at all Mick.

In the mean time I'll keep my eye on stock and let you know if there is going to be any issues.

Thanks Kenny I'm after parting with my 50vt Panasonic and it's going to be long month or so dealing with a 32 inch.. Just a quick one, if I needed a bit of help with installing is that something you offer or is it delivery only? Would you know off hand if the mounting screws that fit the Panasonic will also fit the LG?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Mick,

thanks for the posts and the mails / PM's ( apologies I haven't got around to answering them yet - I've been up to my eyes over the last few days)

We do install no problem but its a fairly straightforward job and anyone that is reasonably handy would be able to do it ( although those OLEDS are really slim & delicate and need to be handled gently on install!) give us a shout prior to your arrival date and we can diary it for you although of course December will be tight!

In terms of the screws - Pana and the OLED LG's use different screws but the bracket kits will come with screw kits so if you are getting a new bracket ( and the OLEDS are so slim they deserve a new super slim bracket) then you will have the correct screws in the box.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John  Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Mick,

thanks for the posts and the mails / PM's ( apologies I haven't got around to answering them yet - I've been up to my eyes over the last few days)

We do install no problem but its a fairly straightforward job and anyone that is reasonably handy would be able to do it ( although those OLEDS are really slim & delicate and need to be handled gently on install!) give us a shout prior to your arrival date and we can diary it for you although of course December will be tight!

In terms of the screws - Pana and the OLED LG's use different screws but the bracket kits will come with screw kits so if you are getting a new bracket ( and the OLEDS are so slim they deserve a new super slim bracket) then you will have the correct screws in the box.

ATVB,

John  Mc & Crew
    Thanks John I'll post a picture of my current bracket Sunday. My setup is a little awkward.. TV in corner on arm mount.. The bracket is really heavy duty.. Something lighter might be more practical for the lg

Mick,

ATVB,

John  Mc & Crew
    Thanks John I'll post a picture of my current bracket Sunday. My setup is a little awkward.. TV in corner on arm mount.. The bracket is really heavy duty.. Something lighter might be more practical for the lg
    No problem at all micks_address.

Pop it up when you get a minute and we will have a look to see if it would suit/fit.

No problem at all micks_address.

Pop it up when you get a minute and we will have a look to see if it would suit/fit.

Thanks Kenny,
    This is how my current TV is setup. Notice the r one hd under it. The TV is on an arm mount

2hpum3r.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny,
    This is how my current TV is setup. Notice the r one hd under it. The TV is on an arm mount

2hpum3r.jpg

Here's a picture of the back of tv.. Kinda scary looking I know :) the blocks of acoustic foam were to help with the fan noise on my vt

jaf6v7.jpg

Here's a picture of the back of tv.. Kinda scary looking I know :) the blocks of acoustic foam were to help with the fan noise on my vt

jaf6v7.jpg

This is what the bracket looks

likenci6bd.jpg

This is what the bracket looks

likenci6bd.jpg

Actually this is closer to what it's like

sv011v.jpg

Hey Micks_Address.

It is hard to make out from the photos but it looks like two arms mounted to the rear of your tv and they hang onto the bracket?

The rear of the LG is thicker and the bottom than it is at the top so spacers are required at the top to make the arms fit.
    Do you still have the other size screws that would have been supplied with the bracket as i would say the threads on the OLED will be different to the one you have. 
    The top two screws will also need to be longer than the bottom due to the spacers.

Its difficult to make the call as I'm not 100% on your bracket. It does look like it should work with the correct spacers and bolts.
    I really would not want to see the OLED damaged.

For a swing arm to fit a screen of this size we would recommend the Sanus VLF311 (Looks something like the one you have)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200138-vlf311.aspx

Hope this helps a little.

Hey Micks_Address.

It is hard to make out from the photos but it looks like two arms mounted to the rear of your tv and they hang onto the bracket?

The rear of the LG is thicker and the bottom than it is at the top so spacers are required at the top to make the arms fit.
    Do you still have the other size screws that would have been supplied with the bracket as i would say the threads on the OLED will be different to the one you have. 
    The top two screws will also need to be longer than the bottom due to the spacers.

Its difficult to make the call as I'm not 100% on your bracket. It does look like it should work with the correct spacers and bolts.

For a swing arm to fit a screen of this size we would recommend the Sanus VLF311 (Looks something like the one you have)

Thanks Kenny,
    I'll take some more pictures when I take down my Panasonic Sunday and it will make more sense.
    I may end up going for a new bracket anyway as the one there is like an industrial strength rsj.. Im more leaning just getting new mount and install help from yourselves as the oled looks fairly delicate and I want the thing to be installed level and the look to be right.. You can provisionally pencil me in for an install Tuesday 20th December :) hopefully we can do some sort of a deal with the TV, bracket and installation.. Of course the wait till December be the biggest pain.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Hey Micks_Address.

Thanks Kenny,
    I'll take some more pictures when I take down my Panasonic Sunday and it will make more sense.
    I may end up going for a new bracket anyway as the one there is like an industrial strength rsj.. Im more leaning just getting new mount and install help from yourselves as the oled looks fairly delicate and I want the thing to be installed level and the look to be right.. You can provisionally pencil me in for an install Tuesday 20th December :) hopefully we can do some sort of a deal with the TV, bracket and installation.. Of course the wait till December be the biggest pain.
    Thanks,
    Mick
    Hey Micks_Address.

No problem. 

Unfortunately I would think there would be no chance of getting this installed on the 20th of December as it way to close to Christmas for us.
    I will check but this is one of our busiest weeks of the year.

Where are you based in terms of installing?

Hey Micks_Address.

No problem. 

Unfortunately I would think there would be no chance of getting this installed on the 20th of December as it way to close to Christmas for us.

North County Dublin (lusk)

Hey Micks_Address.

No problem. 

North County Dublin (lusk)
    Hey mick.

That's well within our parameters.

I'll have a check if its possible that close to Christmas and the hourly rate for install. Its normally £70 per hour for a basic setup which excludes wall mounting.

Once I get this I'll revert back.

Hey mick.

I'll have a check if its possible that close to Christmas and the hourly rate for install. Its normally £70 per hour for a basic setup which excludes wall mounting.

Thanks Kenny,
    I only need help with the wall mount... I can do everything else myself.. It's pretty straightforward in fairness.. All the cabling is in place..

Hey mick.

Thanks Kenny,
    I only need help with the wall mount... I can do everything else myself.. It's pretty straightforward in fairness.. All the cabling is in place..
    Hey Micks_Address.

I'll need to check.

Installs are usually completed by a member of staff who lives in Dublin. The reason for the cost is that we have to block book in hour sections to free that staff member up to be able to provide this service. 

The guys that deliver the products are a third party courier company and can not help with anything like that.

• Advertisement

Hey Micks_Address.

I'll need to check.

Installs are usually completed by a member of staff who lives in Dublin. The reason for the cost is that we have to block book in hour sections to free that staff member up to be able to provide this service. 

The guys that deliver the products are a third party courier company and can not help with anything like that.
    Thanks for your help Kenny, we have plenty of time to figure this out :)

Hey Micks_Address.

I'll need to check.

Thanks for your help Kenny, we have plenty of time to figure this out :)
    No bother at all.

We'll do our best to not see you stuck :)

No bother at all.

We'll do our best to not see you stuck :)

Hi Kenny,
    Picture of existing bracket with TV off

xmo11t.jpg

Im just wondering how far out the Sanus mount extends from the wall. On the right side existing bracket is about 26cm, on the left its 52cm

Hi Kenny,
    Picture of existing bracket with TV off

xmo11t.jpg

Im just wondering how far out the Sanus mount extends from the wall. On the right side existing bracket is about 26cm, on the left its 52cm

Maybe this Sanus be a better bet?

http://m.richersounds.com/#!/product/sanu-vlf525-b2

Hi Mick,

here is the technical drawing for the VLF525 - maximum extension is 25 inches  - however of course this is just for the body of the bracket.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Mick,

here is the technical drawing for the VLF525 - maximum extension is 25 inches - however of course this is just for the body of the bracket.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi john,
    i dont see the drawing - do you know if the 525 will work with the LG? Its mounting position is quite low - i have a feeling the centre bar of the bracket might extend below the tv when mounted - this might be ok as hopefully it will be hidden behind my monitor audio r one hd..

Thanks,
    Michael

Hi john,
    i dont see the drawing - do you know if the 525 will work with the LG? Its mounting position is quite low - i have a feeling the centre bar of the bracket might extend below the tv when mounted - this might be ok as hopefully it will be hidden behind my monitor audio r one hd..

Thanks,
    Michael
    Hi guys,
    I'm thinking of going for this TV stand
    Looks like it might solve all my problems and would mean I wouldnt need help from an installer to mount..

The stand doesn't come with mounting screws. Are they something you can provide? I'll phone in two weeks and place a deposit for the tv.

Thanks,
    Mick

abqw5s.jpg

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi john,

Thanks,
    Michael
    Hi guys,
    I'm thinking of going for this TV stand
    Looks like it might solve all my problems and would mean I wouldnt need help from an installer to mount..

The stand doesn't come with mounting screws. Are they something you can provide? I'll phone in two weeks and place a deposit for the tv.

Thanks,
    Mick

abqw5s.jpg
    Thanks for the post

The screws aren't something we generally supply separately, they are normally supplied with brackets etc.
    I will see what I can find out for you, even the sizes required and let you know

Cheers
    Brian

I have lots of screws no problem - give me a shout when you are ready!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

I have lots of screws no problem - give me a shout when you are ready!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Corner all set guys..counting days till 20th December... Hope you haven't sold out of them by then.

Cheers,
    Mick

33cvdxd.jpg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.