Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Rifle Stock

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The one big problem you'll have, here, is it'll make the rifle a bullpup. Because of our "outstanding" gun laws that means it's a restricted firearm. Regardless of the calibre.

Bullpup in Irish law is any rifle where the mag is located behind the trigger.

This does not mean prohibited, just you would need to change your license to restricted to have it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Aklys Defense was formerly Red Jacket Firearms, then under the management of the infamous Will Haden, but now under new management of Joe Meaux.
    With Irish law and past history aside, I have read on some US sites that there was quality control issues with this and other Red Jacket Firearms products. If the hype is anything to believe this was down to poor management by the previous 'owners' and that Joe is making a better job of it.
    But if you wish to tickle your fancy I would certainly do a bit of trawling to see if the QC is up to spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I remember reading on some forums that there were 100s if not 1000s of those on back order with payment already made and no delivery date.

Im not sure if that was ever rectified, Another factor to consider !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Best thing about the Ruger 10/22 is there is no end of aftermarket stocks available. It's probably one of the most popular guns for parts.

I'm sure there are plenty of stocks available that won't cause you grief with the law and will still look and function well.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

Cheers guys. I liked idea of it being very short despite using standards barrel. First i need to get new 17hmr so i could trade in my .22 for 10/22 but still be able to deal with little furry critters. With way it works around dun laoghaire it will be a year i'd say (first licence took nearly 5 months to go, another 2 are 3months in and no sign of them getting back). But i just spotted it and then i thought it looks too cool to come without problems and i was right ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement