If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VSX919 Remote

Options
  • 01-11-2016 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Gents, my vsx919 remote has stopped working, by any chance do you sell replacements?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

The Orb wrote: »
    Gents, my vsx919 remote has stopped working, by any chance do you sell replacements?
    Hey The Orb.

Sorry to hear you are having an issues with your remote.

We normally don't carry any spares here at the store but can have them ordered in through our spares department.

I'll drop them a price request and drop you a PM once they get back to me. It can take them a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Hey The Orb.

We normally don't carry any spares here at the store but can have them ordered in through our spares department.

I'll drop them a price request and drop you a PM once they get back to me. It can take them a day or two.

Nice one, thanks Kenny.

Hey The Orb.

Nice one, thanks Kenny.
    Hey The Orb.

I have the request placed and once they come back I'll be in touch.

Hey The Orb.

Just got a reply back from our spares guys.

The cost of a replacement remote would be £90 :eek:

Does seems a little crazy but they usually do tend to be pricey.

Hey The Orb.

Thanks Kenny, £90 for a remote !!! I think I'd be better off putting that towards a new receiver!! Thanks for checking for me but I don't think I will.

• Advertisement

Hey The Orb.

Thanks Kenny, £90 for a remote !!! I think I'd be better off putting that towards a new receiver!! Thanks for checking for me but I don't think I will.
    Hey The Orb.

One last thing I can check. 

Is there a model number anywhere on the remote and I can hunt our old remote boxes just in the off chance there might be one here.

Hey The Orb.

Is there a model number anywhere on the remote and I can hunt our old remote boxes just in the off chance there might be one here.

Kenny, I dismantled the remote and cleaned it with acetone, back working again. Thanks again for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Do any of the apps work ? I have the 920 and never use the remote as the app works great

Hey The Orb.

Kenny, I dismantled the remote and cleaned it with acetone, back working again. Thanks again for your help.
    No worries The Orb.

If it fails again drop me a post and I'll hunt our remote buckets to see what lies within them ;)
    ted1 wrote: »
    Do any of the apps work ? I have the 920 and never use the remote as the app works great
    Hey Ted1.

Don't think the 919 can be controlled by the app unfortunately, I don't see it listed as one it controls.
    Although I'm sure giving it ago would be of no harm.

ted1 wrote: »

Hi ted1, the amp pre dates any apps unfortunately.

• Advertisement

No worries The Orb.

If it fails again drop me a post and I'll hunt our remote buckets to see what lies within them ;)

Hey Ted1.

Don't think the 919 can be controlled by the app unfortunately, I don't see it listed as one it controls.

Thanks Kenny, fingers crossed the remote holds up.

No worries The Orb.

Hey Ted1.

Thanks Kenny, fingers crossed the remote holds up.
    Yip, finger crossed!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.