Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions - Home CCTV Sys

Options
  • 01-11-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

hi, just wondering what you good people think of this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NPT0YZO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AVLIGT5QDDFXQ

Looking to get some sort of set up at home. I know you get what you pay for but just don't have the €€€ to stretch to top notch security.

There's been a spate of burgleries lately and just want some peace of mind. 1 camera is sufficient for us but most kits seem to include 2 as a min.

Up to a max of €200 is our absolute budget.

Or would we be better off spending €200 and buying a rottweiler :D

Are these kits easy to set up. Himself is decent at the DIY ie. drilling and all that jazz.

It's just the tech side we'd be only ok on.

Do you need decent broadband speed for the remote viewing on smart devise to work ?
    thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I love my Nest cam. Has never sent me a false alert - very, very accurate. Even knows when I am out of the home (due to GPS on phone). You will need decent WiFi as it doesn't store the videos locally.

Advertisement