Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog broke her leg on a dog park bench

• 01-11-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Hi i am wondering if anyone would be able to help me out in regards to my current situation, yesterday i took my 5 month old dog to the dog park area in st Anne's park it has two area a big dog and a little dog area, the big dog area has benchs carved out of tree trunks and in the little dog area is a bench of like metal bar's with big gaps between them.

Well my dog was running around the other dogs and she got chased up the bench and broke her leg between the bar's i took her to the vet and its going to cost me 500 euro as she broke her leg and needs surgery. Where do i stand in regards to dublin city council having some responsibility as the bench in the closed of area clearly not safe for dogs at all and people have told since dog's have broken their legs on it before. Would i need to go a small claims court to get them to pay the vet fee's ?

im going to head to the park and take some photo's of the bench, but i was wondering does anyone have any helpful information as what to do im not really sure what to do. I just so angry that some thing so obiously unfit for a dog park is there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

<<Mod deletion>>

Keep it civil pls

I can be open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How are they responsible?

Is there parts broken or hanging off?

Bit of personal responsibility really people have accidents and so do animals not a lot you can do but not let dog up on the bench which is for people to sit on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Riazor

WOW

A new low. :(

It's no wonder more and more parks and recreational facilities are restricted or even closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Is this a wind up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Accidents happen. There is not always someone you can sue. Part of pet ownership is being willing to pay unexpected bills if an accident occurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry to hear about your dog. Cannot give legal advice on this forum
    Thread closed,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement