Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm system

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gvgdhar

Hi Lewis and others who were in similar boat, what system have you selected finally?
    Can you share the price as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

gvgdhar wrote: »
    Hi Lewis and others who were in similar boat, what system have you selected finally?
    Can you share the price as well

I got quoted €626,plus monthly charge of €30 in a 3 year contract, not for me.

Others I've been quoted around the €800-€900 mark,but that seems to be the difference between a good quality system, vs your standard system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The 3 year contract is another grand you are tied to. You are better off buying the better system outright & then you can shop around for the best deals for monitoring/maintenance id required..

KoolKid wrote: »
    The 3 year contract is another grand you are tied to. You are better off buying the better system outright & then you can shop around for the best deals for monitoring/maintenance id required..

That's what I'm hoping to do, I'll probably give you a call on the next few weeks man, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OP just a note.

This is more mod advice than anything else.

Please note that there are some very valid points that relate to app costs and installation costs here.

I'm not suggesting that there are hidden costs.

But be careful not to get a system that you have very few options of contractor should there be an issue with the contractor you take on.

As explained in the sticky I've a lot of experience in buying these systems but I don't sell them.

So to cut to the chase, don't end up with a car with that only one mechanic can fix.

So get a couple of quotes for each system type, don't be lazy, I come across lots of situations where clients are stuck with one supplier and would like to change but have no option.

So if you settle on a couple of manufacturer types get at least two quotes from their recommend supplier list in your area.

Remember that some of the people replying to you are salespeople. That said I haven't heard of any doing poor quality work but that's the dynamic you are in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

lewis wrote: »
    That's what I'm hoping to do, I'll probably give you a call on the next few weeks man, :)

Come back to me with any queries you have. More than happy to give you any advice I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

lewis wrote: »
    I got quoted €626,plus monthly charge of €30 in a 3 year contract, not for me.

Others I've been quoted around the €800-€900 mark,but that seems to be the difference between a good quality system, vs your standard system.

That is expensive for monitoring and maintenance, Id be shopping around.
    The most important thing is the engineer code off your system, Id be requesting this off whoever installs your alarm.
    Like most on here you may well need it in the future.

I'm looking into getting an IP cam(s) that I'd like to get hooked up to my Siemens Vanderbilt SPCK421 alarm system.

Has anyone a similar system and have IP cams hooked up, or is it even possible?

Cheers.

Its really down to the manufacturer on compatibility, here are some examples.

Axis /jpg/image.jpg
    Mobotix /cgi-bin/image.jpg?size=320x240
    Samsung /stw-cgi/video.cgi?msubmenu=snapshot&action=view&ProfileID=3
    Sony oneshotimage.jpg?username=YWRtaW4=&pwd=YWRtaW4=

Some trial & error tests involved.
    They have a good detailed document on integration but unfortunately we are probably not allowed share it here.
    If you give Vanderbilt a call I'm sure they will send it to you.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its really down to the manufacturer on compatibility, here are some examples.

Axis /jpg/image.jpg
    Mobotix /cgi-bin/image.jpg?size=320x240
    Samsung /stw-cgi/video.cgi?msubmenu=snapshot&action=view&ProfileID=3
    Sony oneshotimage.jpg?username=YWRtaW4=&pwd=YWRtaW4=

Some trial & error tests involved.
    They have a good detailed document on integration but unfortunately we are probably not allowed share it here.
    If you give Vanderbilt a call I'm sure they will send it to you.

Your guy put in our alarm, thought you could shed some light on it.

• Advertisement

I can. What I am telling you is not every IP camera will work other that Siemens those above are the ones we know will work.
    If you have other brands it's trial and error to see if they are compatible.
    If there's any other information you need please come back to me.

Advertisement