Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large Heavy parcels from the UK

• 01-11-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I've searched around but cannot find an answer to my question.
    I am looking to order a football table from the UK via Amazon. Free delivery to Northern Ireland but I don't have an address there I could drop it off to (to pick up myself later).

It's 26kgs and 125cm x 65cm x 85cm.
    So Addresspal, DPD Parcel Wizard won't touch it from what I can see online and from emailing them directly.
    Parcel Motel are saying €130 to bring it from Belfast to Dublin!!!

Any ideas on how I can get this either delivered direct to Dublin or to NI from where I could at least pick it up myself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭CPTM

If you're willing to drive to the north, how about collecting it from the parcel motel up there? Did they mention a cost on receiving it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

CPTM wrote: »
    If you're willing to drive to the north, how about collecting it from the parcel motel up there? Did they mention a cost on receiving it?

No, they haven't mentioned that. I just priced them on their website for large parcels.
    Will email them directly to see if they'll at least take it in for me if I cannot get any other alternative.

Have emailed the Football Table company also to see if they have any bright ideas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭CPTM

I'm pretty sure I saw an option for the Dublin depot that said if they couldn't deliver to the lockers around town due to size, there was the option to collect from the depot itself. Might be the same in Antrim. Best of luck with it anyways..

Advertisement