Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobshare rules

Options
  • 01-11-2016 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I have just recently in October started a job share contract and I was always of the opinion that a job share was supposed to run from 1st September to 31st August the following year but in my contract it says mine started in October and ends on 2nd June next year so main teacher will receive full holiday pay (it seems??).

Has anyone heard of this happening? I'm a bit afraid to bring it up with the school in case it's seen in the wrong light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That doesn't sound like a job share but rather the hours built up over year and used in shorter timeframe. Has anyone else benefitted from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Sarah3 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just recently in October started a job share contract and I was always of the opinion that a job share was supposed to run from 1st September to 31st August the following year but in my contract it says mine started in October and ends on 2nd June next year so main teacher will receive full holiday pay (it seems??).

Has anyone heard of this happening? I'm a bit afraid to bring it up with the school in case it's seen in the wrong light.

I did a jobshare before and received written notice in April my contract was to end on June 2nd or whatever date they were finishing up. 30 days written notice as per contract. So didn't get paid over the summer and teacher obviously went back on full hours / full pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Sarah3

I just saw this on http://www.education.ie/en/Education-Staff/Services/Breaks-Leave/Job-Sharing/Job-Sharing.html

"The minimum period for which a job sharing arrangement may occur is one school year i.e. commencing on 1 September and ending on 31 August each year."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Unless the teacher you are sharing with doesn't have permanent job / CID or their own hours. Ask politely why is it only til June firstly.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Sarah3

Unless the teacher you are sharing with doesn't have permanent job / CID or their own hours. Ask politely why is it only til June firstly.

No, I know teacher definitely has their own hours so I will politely ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement