Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of tree

Options
  • 01-11-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a very large tree in my garden (60'+) and i would like it removed or lopped. there was a similar tree down the other end of the garden and it fell during a storm about 14 years ago, it fell across the road blocking it and into a neighbours land across the road hitting their derelict shed, the tree would be very tall. i was wondering could i get the council to move the other tree? or am i responsible for removing it? the tree that fell was dead the wood felt spongy/dusty to the touch (inside i mean after it fell) I am just worried that the other tree will suffer the same fate and if that were to fall it would deffo land on and destroy the neighbours house. The tree looks ok and will probably never fall in my lifetime but you never know. I wouldn't want the death of the neighbours on my conscience nor do I want the bill to rebuild their house should that happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

The tree is your responsibility. Get your local insured arborist to assess the tree for you and then you will know where you stand with regard to its health.

Advertisement