Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford AC Half Marathon - 3rd Dec 2016 *TRANSFERS ALLOWED Mod Note #1*

Options
  • 01-11-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Waterford AC Half Marathon on Saturday 3rd Dec 2016 at 10.00am

From their facebook page, there are only 100 places left and they expect it to sell out in the coming days.

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/WaterfordACHalfMarathon2016

*MOD NOTE* Transfers are permitted in this race, please see Waterford AC website regarding this

Any posters seen to be spamming the thread looking for an entry or looking to get rid of an entry will have their posts deleted. Please try to keep your conversations re: transfers to PM once you have found an entry / taker for your entry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Sold out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd just been thinking of doing this when I saw an alert from them on facebook, was about to go and check it out when I got another to say it was sold out.
    Oh well. :)

It's not a great time of year for me with cross country anyway (when I eventually get to do a race)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

I'd just been thinking of doing this when I saw an alert from them on facebook, was about to go and check it out when I got another to say it was sold out.
    Oh well. :)

Did you seriously delete my post looking for an entry and leave a big hint in your own? This is highly abusive of your mod powers:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

That's it I'm off to Joe Duffy first thing to complain about this outrage. Ha ha

I missed last years unfortunately, fit and ready before it was cancelled and then picked up an injury and couldn't compete in it.

Ah well on to next year

El Caballo wrote: »
    Did you seriously delete my post looking for an entry and leave a big hint in your own? This is highly abusive of your mod powers:pac:

Don't question mod decisions on thread.

No hint there of mine. Do not throw accusations at me, thanks.

I'm not running this, as stated, I'll be doing cross country that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I've an entry to last years race if anyone wants it. Going cheap.:p

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I'm looking for two entries if any are going, done it past two years, only spotted it sold out last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

I have an entry that i cant use if anyone wants to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sc9736

Irishder wrote: »
    I have an entry that i cant use if anyone wants to buy it?

Can I get it please! Or if it's gone if anyone else has spare entry please?

Cheers
    S

sc9736 wrote: »
    Can I get it please! Or if it's gone if anyone else has spare entry please?

Cheers
    S

No problem ill PM you

• Advertisement

it wont allow me to pm you. i get the following error:

sc9736 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove sc9736 from the recipient list and send the message again.

Send New Private Message

Irishder wrote: »
    it wont allow me to pm you. i get the following error:

sc9736 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove sc9736 from the recipient list and send the message again.

Send New Private Message

Eeek! Let me sort this out and dont give entry away thanks!! S

Did you get my PM? Thanks

e-mailed you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

On hols and missed deadline. Oh well. ;) Happy to take a transfer if available. Mods, I'm confused - pls delete if inappropriate.

Murph_D wrote: »
    On hols and missed deadline. Oh well. ;) Happy to take a transfer if available. Mods, I'm confused - pls delete if inappropriate.

The mod note was added after someone removed El Cabello's post :) looking for entries is fine since it is allowed in this race, but funnily enough none of the mods (as amazing as we all obviously are) are psychic, so none of us were aware that transfers were allowed in the only road race in the country which seems to (publicly anyway) allow transfers, so a couple of posts were deleted before we were made aware of this.
    The forum charter does state that you are meant to pm the mods with proof of transfers being allowed prior to posting looking for entries, but never mind, I went and looked it up myself for confirmation. I'm good like that.

I hope that this clears up the confusion for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dbourke

Really enjoy this race each year, it sold out very quick!

Would greatly appreciate a transfer - please PM me if someone happens to have one available!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Like dbourke, I'm looking for a number so if somebody is looking to offload, please feel free to pm me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Has anyone ran the route from last January - had to miss last years due to illness and was wondering what the new route is like compared to other years - looks like it finishes on the hill coming into the campus

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Has anyone ran the route from last January - had to miss last years due to illness and was wondering what the new route is like compared to other years - looks like it finishes on the hill coming into the campus

Not huge difference, preferred 2014, was fitter then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Ruddler

I'm looking for a transfer for this one too please. On my doorstep and I didn't register in time :mad: Hopefully they'll release a few more places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

Good Afternoon folks !!

In desperate need of two transfers if anybody could help me out !
    Please PM me :)

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jayjayperu

Hi, in need of entry for my running buddy who just missed the deadline. Can u PM me,plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

I ran both courses and found them pretty similar - last year's had a sneakily long drag thrown in around the 10 mile mark that I don't remember being there the year before.

I think its a fair course, not exactly fast but it does have a quick finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mike RRRR

Missed the deadline also, so if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Pm me please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ruddler

The transfer deadline for this is this Friday, 25th November. If anyone has a space they would like to offload before then, please PM me. Gutted I didn't get in to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Another well run day today, wasn't my day (again - I seem to be in a bit of a slump at the moment). First time doing the new course and found the hill at the 10mile mark an absolute b*$#h 😨.
    Found the setup after the finish line a bit disjointed with the walk to get the water/banana and nowhere to hand back the timing chip but apart from that top notch as always

Advertisement