Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Santa 2016

Comments

I got a lovely one!! :) Really gonna enjoy this shopping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Got mine too :) I was so excited opening it!! Shopping done so will hopefully wrap and post early next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Oh well done Jellybear, aren't you the organized one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Also just finished my shopping! :P Though I'll probably go into town and pick up an extra little bit or two :D

Holy crap that was fast! I'll be humming and hawing over things for another good while!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Shopping almost done, theres a couple of little bits I want to pick up in town but then that's secret santa done and dusted. :-) :):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

that is far too organised!!

That moment when you realize you have accidentally upvoted every comment in the thread because everything is sensible or nice or you agree with it.

I'm more than a little panicked now by my own lack of organization on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yooooooo! I have almost everything - just couple of things to get tomorrow! It's SO hard - I kept adding stuff as I was browsing then had to choose between them all at the end lol! :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Jaysus. This is tougher than expected. Apparently I don't have a clue what's safe for animals other than the ones I have. I've spent most of the evening researching! :D

GAH.. I got something for one of our SS.. a different brand to something I already have 2 of.. Now BOTH of ours are broke - why didn't they break when I was doing SS shopping earlier in the week lol! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Got my first few bits today, so excited already!

bought my first item today! its beginning to look a lot like christmas!

I have fifty cents left in my secret santa budget and I am DETERMINED to find a cool thing to buy with it.

How strict is the system? Can I add a euro on or is that bad? Going to go trawl through all of the reduced sections in tesco, pound shop etc. I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Have mine wrapped and ready to post :) Hopefully will pop it in the post tomorrow :) Silly Mango X will drop you a PM once it's sent ;)

• Advertisement

Latatian wrote: »
    I have fifty cents left in my secret santa budget and I am DETERMINED to find a cool thing to buy with it.

How strict is the system? Can I add a euro on or is that bad? Going to go trawl through all of the reduced sections in tesco, pound shop etc. I can.

I had 30c left from one so added to our other SS's budget lol!! :)

I've never been too strict on the spend limit once it doesn't take the mick, if you were to add up the value of all the stuff I got it would probably be a lot more but I get it on sales or discounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Our car broke down a few days ago and we are HOPING to have the new one on the road by Tuesday. The town I live in doesn't have a pet shop or any pet supplies so we will have to travel. I should still make the deadline for posting, though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Latatian wrote: »

I often add on a few euros!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Got all my secret santa sorted today, wrapped them this evening in front of the fire, so I'll post them next Saturday when I get a chance to go to the post office. I've never been so organised doing the secret santa usually I'm rushing to the post office on the final day..

• Advertisement

Oh wow, just sitting here looking at presents and a huge throwback to this time last year when I missed the first delivery of Opie's SS present because I was in giving birth to my human baby :o
    Should probably get her a present too :rolleyes:

ok ordered all my gifts! should get here by tuesday and will try post on saturday- i feel slightly under pressure as i am posting from uk!

Wooo my secret santa shopping arrived this morning, so just have to wrap them all up and write the cards and then i'll be good to go to post :):):)

My online order of presents arrived today, and i got a few last bits on Friday so now I just need to find some nice wrapping paper and I'm sorted :D

I'm having a wrapping/packing crisis this evening lol! Will tetris it all tomorrow :)

Both mine posted - much to the amusement of the post office staff when they saw the wrapping paper! :p

I'd just like to apologise in advance to both our SS for the big boxes - one is giant lol! :p

well I was wrapping my SS pressies last night, much to the delight of my two girls, they were obsessed with everything.
    I have to apologise in advance to one of my SS, my girl managed to rob one thing and I didn't notice, till I wondered what the hell she was having such a good time playing with! but I managed to save it so its ok apologies in advance to my SS. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Holy crap I just realised I'll need to pick up EVERYTHING tomorrow and post them because we're away for a week and i'll miss the deadline.

How bad would it be if I posted it after I got back? Like, say 5th? If I do next day delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'm back from England, and so will be SSing tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

Holy crap I just realised I'll need to pick up EVERYTHING tomorrow and post them because we're away for a week and i'll miss the deadline.

How bad would it be if I posted it after I got back? Like, say 5th? If I do next day delivery?

Sorry my internet has been gone haywire all day, going to abuse eircom in the morning! :pac:
    That should be fine at that, I think it would be before most of the Christmas crazy posting starts!

Posting now open!!

You have a week to get your packages all wrapped up and sent off.
    Don't forget to pm me when you have your present sent, and when you receive your own one :)
    Thanks!!

posted mine today! it will take couple of extra days though as coming from Brighton!

Having very carefully managed to pack all the parcels into one envelope and sellotape it together in such a way that it WILL NOT open.... I've just seen the card sitting outside the parcel.

Going to attempt to sellotape it on and if that doesn't work, well, sorry to my secret santa about the lack of card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Picked up a rather large wrapped box from the post office on Friday evening much to the amusement of everyone watching :-P It got a good sniffing from Jesse and Freya so must be something good in there :-P

Both my secret santas posted off this morning...
    :-)

Thanks to all those who have sent PM's so far! Lovely to see so many going off early, yer putting me to shame! I'd just like to remind ye though even if you post in this thread, I still need a PM too as I keep an eye on it through my emails, don't always get a chance to check this thread! Thanks :D

woooo Sandie's Secret Santa arrived this morning....

I'm almost as excited about it as she is..

she's very interested in it... as is Rosie... :):):):)

All mine sorted bar one more thing I need to pick up but will hopefully have in the post by Friday! :)

• Advertisement

My cats arrived today! I had given my mums address because there's always someone home. When I rang to tell her I was coming over she said "oh great there's a package here I'm dying to know about".
    Apparently the postman knocked on the door and asked if he was delivering it to the right place. My mam looked at my name and said yeah he was. He then pointed to my cats name above my name and looked at her confused. My mam had to say "oh that's her cat". Postman walked away shaking his head.

Haha brilliant!! The poor Postman!!!
    :):)

Wooooo Rosie's Secret Santa just arrived....

I'm so excited!!!!! :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Oh dear... I didn't even think about the postman. It's all delivered via name around here as there are multiple houses with the same address. Can't wait to see what the postman makes of this!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

My cats arrived today! I had given my mums address because there's always someone home. When I rang to tell her I was coming over she said "oh great there's a package here I'm dying to know about".
    Apparently the postman knocked on the door and asked if he was delivering it to the right place. My mam looked at my name and said yeah he was. He then pointed to my cats name above my name and looked at her confused. My mam had to say "oh that's her cat". Postman walked away shaking his head.

Anything with any reference to dog that the postman doesn't recognise here tends to come to me, to be fair, it is usually for me :D

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the final day for posting! Still waiting to hear from a few people!! (Including me, whoops :o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Hi I've sent my gift to my secret Santa. I really hope they like it. First time ever doing this. But it's such a cool idea. Next year I will plan it better and shop earlier.

Someone may or may not get Cream for Christmas. He's very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Poppy & Clover are very happy to announce that a parcel arrived for them this morning :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Someone is going to get Jesse for Christmas too :P

Lotsos present arrived!

• Advertisement
Advertisement