Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 9 Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ohhhhhh Eli...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Great footwork from Golden Tate

Staying in bounds or the flying reverse spin-kick on the defender in the end zone?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Staying in bounds or the flying reverse spin-kick on the defender in the end zone?!

I did quite enjoy an unnecessary reverse flip into the end zone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

A rabona on side kick. Lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

My days. Worst onside kick ever just seen in the Steelers game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/795376294724669440

Game ran away in the first three quarters long beforehand, but still...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans are going to get hammered here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Why didn't the Chargers snap the ball there not so long ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Vikings butchered their clock management. They took their second timeout in the redzone with 27 seconds, that went over my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Kaepernick is just awful, I remember people calling for him to start a couple of weeks ago. I'd love to hear what they have to say now but of course they are all gone hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

dfx- wrote: »

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/795376294724669440

Game ran away in the first three quarters long beforehand, but still...
    Still, what was the objective? Who was he fooling even if that went well?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Kaepernick is just awful, I remember people calling for him to start a couple of weeks ago. I'd love to hear what they have to say now but of course they are all gone hiding.
    I wasn't calling for him but I would have been if I was a niners fan. The **** he was replacing was unreal, they had to try something, even if it didn't work.

I wasn't calling for him but I would have been if I was a niners fan. The **** he was replacing was unreal, they had to try something, even if it didn't work.
    I can understand if people were calling for a change away from Gabbert but to be calling for Kaepernick was ridiculous. We've got to see him before and he was awful and that is not going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭letowski

Luck making some great plays after 2 awful ints. Kinda story of his career, but Colts have 24 points in one half in Lambeau.

But if you're calling for replacing gabbert that is calling for kaep? I assume the logic would be that he was good at one stage.

Anyway from what I've seen (been watching the packers game and having a great time doing it) he doesn't look any worse than any other backup I've seen this year (except Prescott obviously) and better than one or two starters (well, Fitzpatrick anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Super drive from Mariota and the Titans.

Yeah regarding luck, he had his ints but for a lad under the amount of constant pressure he is with that o line he is still really, really fantastic. People saying he's overrated are probably overrating his o line. To have the touchdown he got at the end of the half, under the circumstances he's been playing? That's a guy with the head to win championships if he was in the right situation. He's wasted in Indy right now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep he was excellent on that. We have a game

Commentary saying he has played very good today. That himself and chip kelly must have had a very good chat over the bye week.

Yeah kaep is doing OK I think. Certainly there are bigger problems for the niners and he's definitely better than gabbert. Not sure what the issue is really.

• Advertisement

Yeah regarding luck, he had his ints but for a lad under the amount of constant pressure he is with that o line he is still really, really fantastic. People saying he's overrated are probably overrating his o line. To have the touchdown he got at the end of the half, under the circumstances he's been playing? That's a guy with the head to win championships if he was in the right situation. He's wasted in Indy right now.

Yeah I would agree, like the final drive there on 3rd and 10 on the 4, he must have stood in the end zone for like 4-5 seconds before completing the pass for a first down. It was great composure. We just don't have enough talent around him unfortunately, and it's compounded by bad coaching.

Oh man the Colts defense is gassed, I've a feeling the Packers will win this.

Huge 3rd down conversion by luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dom capers, 3rd down, game on the line, lets blitz and leave the soft middle open..... completion...doh, next 3rd down, game on the line, lets blitz and leave the middle soft and open, inspired play calling dom

Dom capers, 3rd down, game on the line, lets blitz and leave the soft middle open..... completion...doh, next 3rd down, game on the line, lets blitz and leave the middle soft and open, inspired play calling dom
    I don't think you can blame Capers there, it's the players that have to take the blame, they got to luck but let him get away and then he completed the pass. He should have been sacked.

I don't think you can blame Capers there, it's the players that have to take the blame, they got to luck but let him get away and then he completed the pass. He should have been sacked.

on two third downs doing the same thing? or the fact he gets beat over the center countless times every game on third down? I'll blame capers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Still, what was the objective? Who was he fooling even if that went well?

He did it successfully in college apparently (it went the ten yards and was recovered by his team), presumably he was trying to repeat it..probably could've done with telling his teammates as they looked as surprised as anyone.

dfx- wrote: »
    He did it successfully in college apparently, presumably he was trying to repeat it..

Yeah but best case scenario is it is a recoverable onside kick. Everyone is expecting an onside kick so if the ball comes their way they're going for it. Don't see the benefit of trying to surprise everyone with the direction it might go.

on two third downs doing the same thing? or the fact he gets beat over the center countless times every game on third down? I'll blame capers

I'll blame Rodgers. Until the last ten minutes he was, frankly, woeful. Game was over before he decided to play.

Jesus, the Raiders receivers are so much craic to watch. Only ten minutes in and there's been at least three catches that would make any weekly highlights package. Loved Cooper's catch and turn earlier.

• Advertisement

Raiders were excellent last night and Denver got called for a lot of fouls too which was good to see. Carr, Cooper, Murray, Crabtree and the whole OL were very, very good.

It's between them and Kansas now for the division by the looks of things.

You were talking about one specific play in the post I quoted and on that particular play it's the players who have to take the blame because they got there and then let Luck get out of it. You cannot blame the DC for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I hate Denver as much as the next guy, but they got hosed by the referees last night. One or two of the DPI's were merited, but a few of them should never have been given.

The Broncos's rushing game was terrible. I know they are missing Anderson, but they looked really bad.

Their defence is still really, really good, but it is definitely not as good as last season.

D9Male wrote: »
    I hate Denver as much as the next guy, but they got hosed by the referees last night. One or two of the DPI's were merited, but a few of them should never have been given.

The Broncos's rushing game was terrible. I know they are missing Anderson, but they looked really bad.

Their defence is still really, really good, but it is definitely not as good as last season.
    There were one or two DPI's that were borderline but the rest were good calls and there were some that were not called too.

Also Demaryius Thomas did a nice impression of a diving soccer player and the defender got called for a DPI.

Powell with the best block I've seen all year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What a load of nonsense to end the half in Seattle. Sequences like that are a prime reason why the NFL is losing viewers IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I thought that was a brilliant game.

Seattle's offence looked back in gear. I thought Buffalo were marginally the better team, but Seattle's defence came up big when it mattered in the last series.

The NFC West looks to be there for Seattle's taking. Buffalo look as if they could put a run together. But 4-5 going into their bye makes it tough.

Their last 6 games are 4 at home (JAX, PIT, CLE, MIA) and 3 away (@CIN, @ OAK, @NYJ). They will need to go 5-2 in that stretch. Possible, but a big ask.

The two teams in the AFC wild card positions have 6 wins, but they are both in the West, so chances are they could beat one another up.

Advertisement