Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2017

Options
  • 01-11-2016 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I am shocked to be even writing this! I ended up in hospital last week with a severe pain that lasted a few days. It was a ruptured cyst. While in A&E they discovered I was 3 weeks pregnant! Extremely early days and myself and my husband were in total shock that they could even detect it that early. I'm 4+1 now and I have to go in next Monday for an early scan as nothing was visible on the ultrasound yet. This is my second pregnancy, I have a 4 year old daughter already.

Hoping some more mums to be will join me soon! Due the 12th of July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orangetaster85

Congratulations!! big shock ! We are also still getting over our shock ! I'm due 6th July all going well.. have had no scan yet. they found blood in my urine so hoping that will clear up y next week. No other symptoms yet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Congratulations Orangetaster! Exciting times ahead. Is this your first? I'm hoping after the scan next Monday, I won't need to have them regularly but not sure what they do when you're considered high risk. Just take one week at a time.

Symptoms I have are sore boobs, tiredness and very bloated. Sore to even lay on my stomach in bed. I had a lot of cramping last week but not if that was something to do with the cyst.

scarbouro wrote: »
    Congratulations Orangetaster! Exciting times ahead. Is this your first? I'm hoping after the scan next Monday, I won't need to have them regularly but not sure what they do when you're considered high risk. Just take one week at a time.

Symptoms I have are sore boobs, tiredness and very bloated. Sore to even lay on my stomach in bed. I had a lot of cramping last week but not if that was something to do with the cyst.

Yes scarbouro this is our first so I'm very naive about it all I'm sure! I only got the form to make an appointment for the Coombe today, so prob be a few weeks before ill get scan.
    I haven't had much cramping yet. not many symptoms but it's very early. My back is really sore but my doc didn't seem to worried once she seen the urine in my blood, everything else went out the window. She was in that much of a panic she gave me a the wrong forms and even had a form that should not of been in my hands should say!! Talk about putting somebody at ease! !!!

God that sounds a bit stressful at the doctors! Hopefully it was just an off day for her! I had my first in the Coombe, in Holles Street this time as that was where I was sent with the ruptured cyst. Haven't decided weather to go back to the Coombe or stay put. The fact they have confirmed the pregnancy and I'm getting my scans done there I might just go with them. You get a 12 week scan in the Coombe, I'm not sure it's the same in Holles St. Ive heard some people have to wait until 20 weeks for theirs.

Dont worry about not having any symptoms, it's definitely very early days. Morning sickness didn't come until week 7 with my lo.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Just had a positive test on Saturday. Can't believe it happened so soon. Literally just started trying!! It's still sinking in. Need to make an appointment with my doctor now and take things forward. By my calculations though I think I have an early July due date. Can't even believe I'm writing this! So exciting though 😊

• Advertisement

Huge congrats Jaja! Have you decided on what hospital you're going to? Is this your first?

Thank you Scabouro.. and huge congratulations to you too!

Yes, this is my first, so all very new to me! I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow, so will chat to her then about hospital options. Was kind of thinking Holles Street because its closest to me and a number of my friends have had good experiences there, but really haven't a clue. Have you decided between Holles Street v The Coombe yet?

I'm still trying to decide. I was back in Holles St today for my scan. They could see the sac and the yoke so everything is looking well and where it should be at this stage. They want to scan me again next week to look for the heartbeat. They could still see a lot of fluid in my pelvis from the cyst. The more I'm going to Holles St, the more at ease I feel. They have been brilliant.

Congrats jaja!! We both early July! I'm going to the coombe. We don't live in the city. Our local gp does a clinic every two weeks , for the Coombe. So it's just very handy for appointments. How's everyone feeling?! I got little stressed last night thinking I'd lost the baby only because I was on bloody Google!! I've no symptoms only the blood in urine. Haven't told anyone yet either! I'm allowed a melt down every now and then : ))))

Try not to stress too much. Many people don't have any symptoms until week 7 or 8 and sometimes none at all! I do have to tell myself to step away from Dr Google! I was convinced I was having twins during the week with all my symptoms! Only one bean in there today. You're definitely allowed have melt downs! That's handy you can go to the clinic. When is your urine been checked again for blood?

• Advertisement

scarbouro wrote: »
    Try not to stress too much. Many people don't have any symptoms until week 7 or 8 and sometimes none at all! I do have to tell myself to step away from Dr Google! I was convinced I was having twins during the week with all my symptoms! Only one bean in there today. You're definitely allowed have melt downs! That's handy you can go to the clinic. When is your urine been checked again for blood?

Yeah I'm probably jinxing myself with no symptoms. I get loss of appetite in the evening but could just be nerves. Lots of wee's!! Oh god twins could you imagine !! How long are you now? How long does it take to get your appointment for scan? My doctors appointment is on thursday... so nervous.

I know, I was giving myself a heart attack thinking about twins! I'm 5 weeks today. Some hospitals only do the 2 scans at 12 and 20 weeks but you should get your booking appointment before that. Can't remember how long after you see your Dr that's arranged. You may be scanned earlier if your Dr referes you on when having complications like bleeding ect. I haven't even gone to my gp yet as it's all been done through Holles St. I might go next week when I see the heartbeat and know more. I'm hoping my scans will be reduced to just regular appointments then if they are happy next Monday.

So glad you are getting good care Scarbouro and that everything is where it should be!!

Congrats Orangetaster too! Stay away from Google and I'm sure everything will be alright! I can definitely get carried away with Dr. Google - sure I was convinced I would have difficulties getting pregnant from all I read online .. and boom .. got pregnant straight away! Best of luck with you appointment on Thursday.

What are either of your thoughts on private vs semi private vs public? Any strong feelings?

Well going private/ semi private is not an option for me at the moment anyway. I'll be going public for the foreseeable future! All my friends went public in variots hospitals and there was no problem. My sister went semi private and only seen her consultate once or twice. He was on hoildays (alot of them seem to be!) When my nephew was born. He was huge. She had this fear he would be because her husband was a huge baby... oh God never even thought of that!!!

I went public with my last and will go public again this time. Your care is exactly the same, except you might not see your consultant, it may be one of their team. You don't get looked after any less for going public. I have friends who went private and when it came to giving birth, there was no private rooms available and ended up on a public ward anyway. Nothing is guaranteed by going private unfortunately. If you have any complications, you will be looked after straight away and consultant is informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Congrats ladies! Looks like I'll be joining the train. Did a test this afternoon and got a bfp! Due date July 8th I think. I have a 2.5 year old little girl. But shell shocked to be honest, we weren't really trying so it's a bit of a surprise!

Orangetaster, don't worry about lack of symptoms, I had no symptoms at all with my DD, never had any morning sickness, other than being a bit more tired than usual, I would have hardly known I was pregnant. No symptoms this time round yet either, boobs are kind of sore though!

ncmc wrote: »
    Congrats ladies! Looks like I'll be joining the train. Did a test this afternoon and got a bfp! Due date July 8th I think. I have a 2.5 year old little girl. But shell shocked to be honest, we weren't really trying so it's a bit of a surprise!

Orangetaster, don't worry about lack of symptoms, I had no symptoms at all with my DD, never had any morning sickness, other than being a bit more tired than usual, I would have hardly known I was pregnant. No symptoms this time round yet either, boobs are kind of sore though!

Thank you ncmc! Congratulations to you both! We didn't think it would happen that quick so we are just getting over shock! Haven't told anyone yet. I feel so bloated though oh my god. Like I'm 5 months gone! my boss is also pregnant and she's due few months before me. There's only two of us so I'm really nervous to tell her. have you decided what hospital your going to ?

Thank you ncmc! Congratulations to you both! We didn't think it would happen that quick so we are just getting over shock! Haven't told anyone yet. I feel so bloated though oh my god. Like I'm 5 months gone! my boss is also pregnant and she's due few months before me. There's only two of us so I'm really nervous to tell her. have you decided what hospital your going to ?
    I'm in Cork, so it will be back to CUMH for me. That's a tough situation with your boss, but at the end of the day, that's not your problem! I'm sure she'll sort something out. I hate the thought of telling my boss too, he's pretty good about stuff like this, but I still can't help feeling guilty!

It's funny, I'm feeling bloated today too and the little stretching pains you get, it's like I only realised they were there when I found out I was pregnant!

Hi all. Just wondering has anyone got their first scan dates yet? I'm attending the coombe and I just got my date for the end of December, I'll be 13 weeks then!! Should I ring for earlier date? I wanted to tell everyone christmas day! Or should I book a private scan somewhere else?

I don't think they will give you an earlier date as you won't be 12 weeks before Christmas. It's unfortunate as most of us will hit the 12 week point over the Christmas period. I'm 12 weeks on Stephen's Day. I'm going to hopefully book a private scan for the Sunday before Christmas so we can tell our daughter she's going to be a big sister on Christmas day and then bring her along with us to the 12 week scan in the hospital. Depending if Holles St gives me one. I've heard of some people only getting the 20 week scan there. You definitely get a 12 week one in the coombe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Excited_FTM

Hi ladies,

Looks like I'll be joining the group too ðŸ˜႒ Due date 16th July with baby no3.

Congratulations to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Im in aswel. Found out last week we are expecting #2, edd 17th july

Congratulations girls! Nice to see a few more joining the group!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Is anyone going booking an early scan? Dont think i cam wait til 12/13 weeks!! I have spent the morn pricing clinics and think im gonna book for first weekend in dec. Il be one day shy of 8 weeks then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Ha here I was thinking is it too early for me to start a July 2017 thread and I have been way beaten to it 😂.

I have gotten a big surprise (wasn't trying - my rhythm must be out of sync) this weekend with a positive pregnancy test! EDD is early July. This will be my second and I am flying home next week to the US to visit family for Thanksgiving with A. Think I will tell my parents as they will be wondering why I am not drinking :-P

I was in public with Holles St. last time, delivery was great but hated the aftercare, not sure if I will go back though as you generally out quite soon on your second once it's a normal healthy vaginal delivery. Though I had fever in labour last time and not sure if it happens again if I would be forced to stay the two nights. Might think about semi private this time as I have insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hi all. Just wondering has anyone got their first scan dates yet? I'm attending the coombe and I just got my date for the end of December, I'll be 13 weeks then!! Should I ring for earlier date? I wanted to tell everyone christmas day! Or should I book a private scan somewhere else?

You can see if they will give an earlier date, or you could try privately. I didn't get a 12 week scan last time as I used the satellite clinic in Wicklow. I went to the ultrasound suite in Bray and they were fantastic, just wouldn't trust the gender prediction based on the nub theory as we were told it was most likely a girl and it was a boy. But we were 11+6 and reading online it's only a good indicator from 12 + 1

You can see if they will give an earlier date, or you could try privately. I didn't get a 12 week scan last time as I used the satellite clinic in Wicklow. I went to the ultrasound suite in Bray and they were fantastic, just wouldn't trust the gender prediction based on the nub theory as we were told it was most likely a girl and it was a boy. But we were 11+6 and reading online it's only a good indicator from 12 + 1

Congratulations to all the new arrivals !! Yeah I'm gonna book an early scan and still use my one the Coombe will be doing at 13 weeks. Just for peace of mind over the christmas.
    I feel like I'm showing already !! Esp in the evenings. I don't know how I'm going to keep this a secret until then! I'm due the start of July. ****ting a brick after my friend telling me about her labour last week !!!!

I had my check up scan this morning. All well, strong heartbeat present so we're delighted. Due date the 10th of July. I'm back to normal check ups now thank god. I was told if I go with Holles St, I won't get another scan until 22 weeks! Trying to weigh up the pros and cons of both hospitals now. I like that the coombe has my previous history with my first daughter. It wasn't a straightforward birth. The traffic in the morning into Holles St is an absolute nightmare! I think I'd have heart failure if I went into labour in the morning time!

Hope everyone is keeping well. Ms is killing me the past few days. Nauseous all day long and heaving.

Glad to hear all is well Scarboura, sorry to hear about the morning sickness.

I have to say I have no real symptoms yet, no morning sickness so far. My boobs are a bit sore and I have a slight fluttering in my tummy, but that's about it. I was the same with my daughter and it actually left me very anxious for the first trimester. As miserable as MS is, at least you know everything is as it should be! No symptoms is quite un-nerving!

I don't expect to get a scan date til after Christmas, so I will book a private scan the week before Christmas so I can tell people.

Do you have to go to your GP to get the booking process started or can you just ring the hospital directly?

• Advertisement

Holles St told me today that you can book in directly online. I've never heard of this, maybe it's a new thing?! I thought I'd have to go to my gp first and go from there. Totally understand about wanting some symptoms. If I have too many symptoms I worry, if I have none I worry!

Advertisement